****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Laura, Shae is absolutely gorgeous, what a wee cutie xx

:hugs: ladies. I know how you feel. I called my mom the other day at 9:30am and she was still in bed. I said a snarky remark "oh it must be nice!"... I didn't mean to sound nasty but it's hard not to get a little jealous and angry when other people get to sleep hours and hours, and we're up all night with our little ones. :( It's worth it, and we're happy to do it... but at the end of the day, we're all exhausted and it sucks to see other people get sleep whenever they want.
Luckily my DH doesn't sleep when we can spend time together, but he does get a full nights sleep EVERY night as I'm the one who always gets up with Alora. And I've even asked him to get up on weekends to help me out, and he whines and complains that it will "mess up his schedule" when he goes back to work Monday. :roll: And plus, he's a really heavy sleeper so he probably wouldn't hear her anyway and I would just end up getting up. :shrug: but it just sucks, to feel like we can't get any relief!
And sometimes... lets face it, men just don't get it. :nope:

Just remember, this phase doesn't last forever. Eventually these babes WILL sleep through the night (though all babies are different) and we WILL get some sleep! I remember with my first daughter, this phase felt like it lasted forever but it does start to get better, and then better and better. Now, my 2 year old sleeps 12 hours a night, not waking up at ALL unless she's sick or something. :smug: So hang in there ladies. :hugs:

I DO know how you all feel!
xx

Oh man, I caught my little toe on Rose's bouncy chair when I got up a bit earlier to feed her.. I think I might have broken it! Ouch!

Oh man, I caught my little toe on Rose's bouncy chair when I got up a bit earlier to feed her.. I think I might have broken it! Ouch!

Aww.. :( Sorry to hear that!

I think I did the same thing on Alexa's High chair yesterday! It hurts so bad and turning purple! Hope your toesies feels better soon too!

My baby is gaining a ton... she was born at 7lbs 1.3 oz, and is now 12 lbs 5 oz!
I think I'm some how over feeding her. :blush:

And she'll be turning 2 months on wednesday.

Aww.. :( Sorry to hear that!

I think I did the same thing on Alexa's High chair yesterday! It hurts so bad and turning purple! Hope your toesies feels better soon too!

Thanks! I hope your toes are better soon too! I know what you mean about thinking you might be overfeeding your baby.. Rose went up from 11 lb 10 oz at birth to 12 lb 3 oz at 2 weeks! I think she must be over 13 lbs by now, lol!

Thanks Girls :)
I suppose I am lucky in the fact that Hubby does do things when he is awake, he will help me if Tristan is crying, he does most of the washing and makes tea. He sometimes even comes home during the day to make me lunch! :D
I guess yesterday I was tired (bad night) and was just jealous about the whole sleeping thing!

Tristan's getting better at night now, he now sleeps about 3 hours inbetween feeds which is ALOT better than what he was, I now only do about 3 night feeds around about midnight, 3am and 6am!

He's been a bit grump since yesterday, we where at a wedding reception Saturday night and didn't get in until 10pm so he didn't have his bath which ruined his routine, I then ended up having a bad night with him and yesterday he did nothing but cry! :cry: He seems better today so I guess he just doesn't like his routine being messed up!

Went for Tristan's hip scan today and everything is perfect! :yipee: :happydance:

How is everyone else?

Lucky... my Hubby is busy waking the poor baby up every 2 minutes yelling at his xbox games! I hate when he's out all day leaving me to do everything but at least Vin gets his 3 naps in. >.<

Little Man had his 1st Injections today, so I now have a sad & sleepy boy :cry: currently feel like a awful mummy, I let someone hurt him when I am meant to protect him from hurt :(

Im glad Tristan is sleeping longer for you BB. :hugs: It just gets better and better. ;)

buttonnose - I always hate getting their needles. :( I have Alora's booked for January 12th... I'm not looking forward to it. I was so relieved when Kyree got hers at 18 months... knowing she doesn't need any more until she's 4-6! :D
But as my doctor always says when I took her in, it's better to put them through that minute of pain as oppose to them catching the disease/virus itself. :thumbup:

I think that is probably the best way to describe it MommyKC it's lika a mixture of jealousy and anger that he can sleep when he wants for as long as he wants whereas I can't. He sleeps very deeply aswell so never hears her crying during the night or at weekends.

Vinushka I was nodding at the computer screen when I saw your comment. My OH has done this several times while playing his playstation.

BB that's fantastic news about Tristan's hip scan and that he is sleeping much better for you

Buttonnose, I took Alexis for hers last Thursday and I was absolutely dreading taking her and thought she was going to hate me afterwards. It took the wise words of my 10 year old son to put things into perspective, he knew I was worried and said mum I don't remember getting my immunisations at that age and neither will she so there is no point in getting yourself into such a state about it. He was right of course so it made me feel a lot less guilty about what I was about to put her through but it was still awful seeing the look on her face and hearing her crying brokenheartedly. We just have to remember at the end of the day it is doing the best for them in the long run xx

Anna slept for 6.5hrs last night than she had a feed and slept for another 3.5hrs. I got 10hrs!!!!!!!

Anna will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I was starting to think that she would be one of those kids that just never slept through the night but it happened!

Rose slept from 10 till 3am tonight! It's 5am now and she's wide awake, but it felt so great to get that sleep! Would be nice if she fell asleep again so I can get a bit more too, but it's not too bad!
As for trying to get pregnant again, that will be in about a year and a half, when OH is finished school and we're settled somewhere! I am super excited about doing it all again though - I can see why people do get pregnant right away, I would consider it if we were already settled.

Having two under 18 months...I can defo say no we are not going to be TTC soon:lol:

My God No! I'm not putting myself through that again anytime soon! I've just had my 6 week checkup and gone on the Depo Injection, we don't plan to try again for about 3-4 years!

Why do I open my big trap? We went back to hourly wakings last night but I'm guessing that now we've hit the 6week mark it's another growth spurt?? He's feeding alot again!

Hiya,
I've not been on for a while & don't have enough time to read up on all that's happened :( I dropped my phone down the toilet (I normally come on here on my phone so can do it whilst feeding etc) - it's really broken, won't even switch on :(
Hope your all good.

OH wants to TTC straight away but I'm like NOOOOOO! We'll prob leave it for a year or so then try again. I don't want to be too old when we have our 3rd so we're on a pretty tight schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->