****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Nope it's totally dead! My own fault ah well . . . Leo's really good, smilling lots & growing out of his 0-3 month clothes! he's going to be one tall boy!

WOW!! Long legs?

Smiling is lovely :) It melts my heart each time Tristan does it!

hey ladies. :wave:
star sunshine, my LO is the same, growin out of clothes sooo fast.

Hey BB hun, how are you? Your little man is so gorgeous.

I love seeing shae smile, melts my heart knowin he is happy and that im doing something right.

he has his injections the 15th december:cry: The MIL is coming, she can hold him and be the baddy :haha:

I'm not too bad thanks Hun, still not healed! :( On my 4th lot of injections for my infection, episiotomy still not healed!! I'm dying to have sex with hubby again!!!! :(

Tristan has his on the 14th, I've said Daddy is to hold him!

How are you and Shae?

oh god hun, Your not having a great time with it are you? :hugs: ow is the BF going? are you still sore?
Weare fantastic, he sleeps right through still. Didnt wake til 9:30 yesterday morning. He still has his cold but getting over it.

what birth control is every1 using? I dont want to go on the pill cause it caused my PCSO and made it difficult to conceive. How about implant/depo? What would you recommend?

xxx

I went on the Depo today, I've had it before and it worked brill for me!

BF is still going really well, we are getting into a routine finally although I think we've just hit the 6 week growth spurt mark as he's feeding a lot again!

My scar is not that sore anymore, it has been a bit tender the last few days but I guess thats down to infection!

did it take a long time to get out of your system hun to fall pregnant with tristian?

YEY on th BF to, im so jealous that i couldnt do it. :cry: wont beat myself up though.

I hope it heals for you soon. My stitches we very sore frm where i torn so i can imagine how painful yours are.

xx

You did what was best for you and Shae Hun :hugs:

I came off the injection years ago and then went on the implanon which I had removed because it gave me headaches then went on the pill, came off the pill and took me 14 months via pull out method to get pregnant!

You planning on TTC again soon?

What are you girls getting your Hubbys for Christmas from Baby? My budget is limited due to Maternity Pay but want to get Hubby something personlised from Tristan but not sure what! :shrug:

NO way, not yet, In a few years time but it took me nearly 3 years to get pregnant with Shae and dont want to have to wait that long again.

Phil hasnt had anything personally off shae. He wanted the XBox kinect so he had that off the both of us. He has had it already, he knew he was getting it and couldnt wait until xmas day. He is a big kid. :rofl:

xx

:rofl:
Hubby has left me some money to get some Christmas prezzys (SMP sucks!!) but I feel bad spending his money on himself! :lol:

Nope it's totally dead! My own fault ah well . . . Leo's really good, smilling lots & growing out of his 0-3 month clothes! he's going to be one tall boy!

Autumns toes are trying to poke out the bottom of her 3-6 sleepers! She's not a big girl, doesn't have big gains, but she's 23.5 inches long lol

i know it does hun. I got made redundant in september so i kept some money hidden away. I was on SMP before and i dont know how they expect people to live on it to be honest. £400 odd a month. Its crazy. She has now slept fpr 3 hours. he will be soooo grumpy when he wakes up

Little man is still under the weather following his injections :(

as for birth control, we are doing natural birth control although i don't know how reliable it is since I am breast feeding lol, oh well, we are planning on TTC again once Little Man is about 6 months anyway :)

Sorry to hear about your phone Starsunshine, what a nightmare! I thought you'd been quiet! You due for an upgrade anytime soon? I hope you and Leo are well.

Re presents girls, I'm gutted as I usually love choosing hubby bits for xmas every yr but this yr he wants me to buy him some glasses! So boring but he's in desperate need of some but because of his prescription they're gonna cost quite a bit so he's been putting it off for a while! So annoying as he wears contacts in the daytime and only needs his glasses for during the night etc. and times when his eyes are dry! I may have to get him a token gift for him to open as a surprise like a DVD or CD as otherwise he'll have nothing to open as can see him wanting to use the glasses as soon as he's chosen them and they're ready!

Will put all my energy into choosing something from the girls for him. Some ideas on that front if anyone's interested are:-

Paint your own ceramics in a pottery cafe in time for xmas. I've done this a couple of times, you could go and do a mug or a plate with your LO's hand or footprint on, makes for a lovely gift. https://www.ceramicscafe.com/CeramicsCafe/Home.html

Photobook from somewhere like snapfish of photos of your LO (you can add funny captions). https://www.snapfish.co.uk/snapfish...B_DMB/cat=kidsBaby#susyJack_designer,featured

I've done both of these as presents for OH from our eldest daughter and they went down really well!

We're doing great. Sophia's settling into more of a routine now she's on more formula. Have dropped another expressing session as of yesterday as she turned 6 weeks so am just expressing morning and night now (giving us 2-3 bottles of EBM) and i'm doing formula feeds for the rest. Her sleep's improved and she's now going down about 9-9.30pm and waking for a feed around 1-1.30am and then again about 5.30am and then sleeping through until around 8.30am-9am. So she's generally doing three 3-4 hr chunks through the night. A huge improvement on 2-2.5 hr chunks! She does stir occasionally during these times but now we've introduced the dummy I just whack that in and she goes off again.

xxx

Re TTC I think we're gonna stop at 2 now. It is tempting and I know my OH would love a boy but logistically I think 4's a good no for our family and he agrees. I find it hard enough to get out of the door in the morning with 2, let alone 3! Sophia being so cute though is already making me feel broody and since i'm only 31 I can see me changing my mind in 2-3 yrs once Sophia's older and perhaps they're both in school and nursery, but we'll see!

xxx

xxx

YAY for babies sleeping through the night! :D Mine wasnt bad last night, slept 11pm-3:20am and then again from 4-7:30am! :smug: Cant really complain for not even 4 weeks old yet! I cannot wait until I start getting 8+ hours though! :haha:

Re: TTC and birth control, definitely NOT for me! Hubby is going to get a referral for a vasectomy when we take Alora in for her shots... so no more babies for us! Two kids was always the limit for us, so we are done. It's sad to think I will never go through this again... but at the same time, its nice knowing that we are closing that chapter of our lives and can just enjoy the children we have, watch them grow... and clean out our house as they outgrow the baby stuff! My house looks like a flea market right now, with all the toys scattered everywhere! :rofl:

And just to let you ladies know who may start TTC soon, my two kids are two years apart and its hard having them this close. I LOVE that they will be close in age, but its hard work. Having two in diapers... :wacko:... My oldest is very independant but she still needs LOTS of attention at this age.. its hard managing the two of them sometimes. :( Lets just say, sometimes poor Alora just has to sit and cry sometimes when I can't get to her right away, and sometimes my oldest has to sit and wait too. There just isn't enough time in the day, and my time literally goes from feeding one child, to feeding the other... changing one diaper, to changing the other... it's rare to find "me" time right now. SOOO worth it, but hard. If I were to do this again, I would have had them a tad further apart I think. :shrug:

MommyKC I'm glad you said it, I'd have felt suck a scrooge :lol:

The age gap between my two is 14.5 months...and it's so hard and heartbreaking when both are crying and you have to choose which to go to...and no napping when they nap :(

I do find it amazingly full filling but if I could go back and not get broody...then I would :blush: we were meant to be officially TTC from next month but we fell pregnant on the first month off of my pill :rofl:

At this point I'm actually pretty sure I'm done. Its really hard having no family around, and friends who all have business so no one comes around much. I thought by 6 weeks I'd be able to clean up the house once in a while, but with a girl who wants the boob non stop and won't nap unless shes in the car, I'm kinda up shit creek.

I had the "TTC discussion" with hubby tonight and we both agreed that we would start again in about 4 months time, that way, we should have a date for Maddisons surgery, and hopefully she will have had it by the time I fall pregnant :D (we have discussed ALL possibilities though)
I have to say that I loved having children so close in age - I had 3 under the age of 2 and a half (16month gap, then 12month gap) and I also love having a 6 year gap! I have found that there are definately pros and cons to both :thumbup:

So, on a different note.... Maddison now sleeps from 11pm to 7am when she has to get up and get ready to take her sisters to school! She's got her first Christmas party on Sunday and her jabs are next friday.
I feel very organised too as I have sorted all my Christmas Pressies out and all I have to do now is wrap them :happydance:

Is everyone enjoying the snow??? :flower:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back