****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Rose had a great night last night! She had a bath and fell asleep at 10, slept till 3am. Then went back to sleep at 6am and slept till 11am! I got lots of sleep! She is starting to smile now too and I adore it!! :D I get all stupidly excited over it each time, hehe! She's already wearing 6 month old sleepers, but still fits in 3-6 outfits though.. she never fit the 0-3 month, lol!

Franks smiling all the time too now, first one was the 26th :D i love it.
hes still in newborn clothes! i never found out what his length was when he was born :( so i dont know if hes shorter than average or what!
hoping to get him weighed again tomorrow, he was 8lbs8 last week, but the snow is bad here and if its any worse tomorow i wont be taking him out!

i'm still not right from my section, have horrible pains and i have lost some feeling nea my wound, i'm yet to get it checked out, but i can touch it and not feel anything but a slight tingle. its weird. i'm also suffering from terrible back ache which i believe is cos of the epidural...it took them 6 attempts to get it in and i think it did some damage :(
anyone else who had a section not back to normal yet? or just me? i'm not one for resting though, and i didn't take it easy so worried i've done myself long term harm.

I still don't feel completely myself since my section. My incision area is still somewhat numb, and I get some sharp pains around there and on the sides of my belly. I feel tingly too which I guess is the nerves reattaching. My nurse told me that you can be numb for up to a year after the surgery! My back aches a lot too, especially bending over to pick up Rose. I find that if I walk around a lot it just wears me out and I feel super achy after a short time. I hate it and wanna feel normal again!

Twiglet - We weren't going to start TTC until the summer that just passed, so our baby would have born in the spring 2011... but we had ONE night of unprotected sex and here we are! ;)
Like I said, I love having my children close together... don't get me wrong. I think it will be amazing in another year or so, when they can play together... but this newborn and toddler phase is hard! It definitely is heartbreaking when they both want you, and you can't be there. My oldest got sick a couple weeks ago, and was crying and crying because she didn't feel well... and I had to call my mom over to help with her because I just couldn't comfort her AND take care of my newborn. I couldn't stop crying myself because it killed me that for the first time since she was born, I couldn't be the one to comfort her. :cry: Again, I know it will be worth it, but it is challenging that's for sure!

Going_Crazy - NO, I hate the snow! :haha: It's pretty to look at and I like it on Christmas... but otherwise, it can take a hike! :rofl:

Twiglet - We weren't going to start TTC until the summer that just passed, so our baby would have born in the spring 2011... but we had ONE night of unprotected sex and here we are! ;)
Like I said, I love having my children close together... don't get me wrong. I think it will be amazing in another year or so, when they can play together... but this newborn and toddler phase is hard! It definitely is heartbreaking when they both want you, and you can't be there. My oldest got sick a couple weeks ago, and was crying and crying because she didn't feel well... and I had to call my mom over to help with her because I just couldn't comfort her AND take care of my newborn. I couldn't stop crying myself because it killed me that for the first time since she was born, I couldn't be the one to comfort her. :cry: Again, I know it will be worth it, but it is challenging that's for sure!

Going_Crazy - NO, I hate the snow! :haha: It's pretty to look at and I like it on Christmas... but otherwise, it can take a hike! :rofl:

I agree with you 100% that having a newborn and a toddler is hard work, and I send you lots of :hugs: and best wishes. For me the phase didn't last too long and it is lovely now that my older girls are into similar things! My advice is to find a routine that suits you and stick to it, even if it's hard at the beginning. My routine has been pretty military, and I've stuck to some pretty tight schedules right from the start (like 8 years ago now!), BUT I am getting the benefits from it now! :thumbup:

As for the snow.............. I've had enough of it now!!! :haha:

I agree, sticking to a schedule does work and I have been trying to stick to it as best I can... though my newborn doesn't always want to follow it! :haha: But I have been managing... I've kept Kyree's schedule basically the same and I just work Alora around it... since she just needs bottles in between. It's mostly dependant on when Alora is up at night that can throw everything off the next day! :haha: And of course if she decides to fuss and fuss when I'm trying to feed Kyree or get her down for a nap, etc then its hard. But, you do find a way! Right now I'm playing it by ear with their bedtime routines since what I'm doing isn't working with Alora... but I'm sure I will figure something out! And I just have to remind myself, it does get much easier around 3 months... at least it did with my firstborn! And routine's always work best!

I'm glad I'm not the only snow hater around here! :rofl: I want summer back!

I can't seem to get a routine down yet, but went to the doctor today and Avery is 9 lb 8 oz and 20 3/4 inches! He still can wear newborn clothes but he can also wear the smaller 0-3's.

Tristan is still in newbornclothes, 0-3 drown him! Not sure how though as last Thursday he was 10lb 5oz!

As for the snow I wish it would do one! I hate how dangerous it is! Going into down for me is downhill so I have to walk on the road because the path is so slippy, I really don't like doing it but have no choice!

I agree about routines, Tristan is a right grouch if we don't stick to his, we didn't on Saturday and he was grumpy for 2 days after!!

Someone posted this - https://www.love2read.co.uk/see-demo-book.html?bid=13 I think it's £14.99 + £2 P&P so think I may get Hubby this from Tristan as Hubby keeps going on about how he wants to read to Tristan at bedtime and wants a "special" book for it!

its same with chloe she can still wear newborn but is just about getting into 0-3. she has a 7week Health Visitor check she was 37.5cm long and 11lbs 9oz.

the other day she went from 10pm til 5.30am without waking for a feed that was a nice night health visitor said thats really good for breastfed baby :D

Wow YAY Chloe for sleeping longer for you! :)

Alora wears some newborn but she does fit into 0-3 month as well. It's a little big on her, but it fits. It's funny how babies all fit into stuff differently, since Alora was only 9lbs2oz on Friday... but she's 20 inches long?? Also, the brand of clothes make a big difference since all of them seem to fit differently! :dohh:

Alora seems to be making her own routine... :wacko: I try to keep her on one but she likes to mess it up almost daily! :roll:

We have 2wks shy of 3 yrs for our age gap as Bella turned 3 2 wks after Sophia was born. This is a really nice gap as Bella has been great and wants to help me lots, she is v. protective over Sophia and whenever she cries she runs to get a musical toy or her dummy etc. and has been v. gentle with her so far. I'm sure it won't last once Sophia's after her toys but for these early days its a godsend we've not had any jealousy issues. The other thing that's good is that I was able to get potty training out of the way just before Sophia was born so Bella is nappy free now which makes this easier and less costly! The only downside with this gap is that Bella gave up her lunchtime sleep (of 2 hrs!) a few weeks before Sophia arrived so there's no chance of me catching up on sleep! I have friends that had a 2-2.5 yr gap and although it didn't work every day they tend to be able to synchronise at least one of their younger ones naps with their toddler's naps so that they can still get some downtime.

Sophia had her 6 wk Health Visitor check today and was finally weighed....wait for it....I did say I thought she was piling on the pounds.....

She's put on a whopping 2lb 6oz in 3 wks and now weighs 10lb 15oz!!! Shocking! It means she's now 75th percentile for both height and weight though which is in line with what she was at birth (she dropped and took until wk 3 to get back to birth weight!). I'm happy with this as i'd rather her be this end of the scale than the other as was v. worrying when she wasn't putting on weight. I checked Bella's book and she was the 60-65th percentile so not far off.

Thanks for the link to that photo book site BB, i've added it to my favourites! May do it for my OH's b'day instead in May once we've got a few more photos of Sophia as then I can put some of xmas in there too.

xxx

That is true, about being able to synchronize their naps. MOST days I at least get an hour or two while both girls nap, which I desperately need! :haha: Though like you said, that doesn't always happen. ;)
And two in diapers is rough! :haha: But I plan to start potty training Kyree after Christmas sometime... she doesn't quite seem ready yet.

There are definitely ups and downs to all age gaps in my opinion. The further apart they are, the less they can play together later on... the less they will have in common, etc... but the closer together they are, the harder it is for us parents in the beginning. :wacko: And there may be more competition between them when they are older, etc... either way, we all do what we have to do in order to get through those tough days! :)

WOW!! Long legs?

Smiling is lovely :) It melts my heart each time Tristan does it!

yeah really long everywhere. He's on 50th Centile for weight so long & thin I think!!

Leo managed 6 hrs last night from 10.30-4.30 & I feel alive!!!!!!!!!

I love that book BB - I might get my OH one for christmas too.

I can't seem to get a routine down yet, but went to the doctor today and Avery is 9 lb 8 oz and 20 3/4 inches! He still can wear newborn clothes but he can also wear the smaller 0-3's.

I wouldn't stress too much about a rigid routine hun. Here is a link to a good piece of information

https://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-put-my-baby-on-a-schedule_3174.bc

" Your goal should be to provide your baby with a consistent schedule that respects his natural patterns and personality, too. "

^^
This is so true, it's not about putting your baby into a routine that everyone else is doing because it also depends entirely on the baby aswell and what works for one person doesn't always work for another. Yes, babies need routine and a schedule as it works out best for them in the long run but it's about finding a routine that's good for you and your baby and having to accept that sometimes you will have to fit in around your baby and not the other way round. I have 4 children so my house has to run like clockwork but it's not regimented :haha: and it has to be accepted that somedays the routine is going to get messed up....that's life. You will probably find sometimes without knowing it that you are getting into a pattern of routine so try not to worry about it too much, it will come :hugs: xx

I wouldn't stress too much about a rigid routine hun. Here is a link to a good piece of information

https://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-put-my-baby-on-a-schedule_3174.bc

" Your goal should be to provide your baby with a consistent schedule that respects his natural patterns and personality, too. "

^^
This is so true, it's not about putting your baby into a routine that everyone else is doing because it also depends entirely on the baby aswell and what works for one person doesn't always work for another. Yes, babies need routine and a schedule as it works out best for them in the long run but it's about finding a routine that's good for you and your baby and having to accept that sometimes you will have to fit in around your baby and not the other way round. I have 4 children so my house has to run like clockwork but it's not regimented :haha: and it has to be accepted that somedays the routine is going to get messed up....that's life. You will probably find sometimes without knowing it that you are getting into a pattern of routine so try not to worry about it too much, it will come :hugs: xx

I agree with this totally! :D :flow: xxxx

i don't have any form of routine, but that works for me! so i'm happy.
i just do things as and when he needs/wants them and fit everything else around him :)

Routine works for us :) He hates his routine being messed up! :lol:

We braved the snow this morning and went to Baby Massage for the first time, I'm really surprised at how well Tristan did, he was so relaxed afterwards! I'm tempted to change our routine slightly by adding in massage as he slept for ages afterwards. Bath, Massage, Feed, Bed maybe!?

I don't get a nap / anytime to myself as Caitlyn's dropped her naps :lol:

Alden's lactose intolerant :( can't wait to have my smiley boy back!

I never had a routine with Caitlyn but I had to have one with Alden otherwise I'd go crazy :haha:

Athena now weighs 11.7lbs and is 22in long!! She'll be in 3-6 months clothes soon and she's only six weeks!!!! Are you sure you can't overfeed BF babies? lol

Serenity - I completely agree that sometimes routines get messed up and you have to be willing to go with the flow sometimes. :) I know Alora likes to throw a wrench in our routine every so often! ;)
But I also need to keep a routine to some extent... with my toddler who is used to a pretty set schedule, I have to respect that and often try to work Alora's schedule around hers. :shrug:... It seems to work well MOST days! :D

BB - I find Alora does better if I stick to a schedule too... days that are messed up, i.e. she sleeps more during the day, then she's messed up for a couple days. :wacko: And gets her nights mixed up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->