****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Wow you did luck out!!!

I did get a decent night last night though, Alora slept from 10:30pm-3:30am!!! 5 hours! It was great... and then she went back down from 4:20-7:30am... so not too bad! Though most nights don't go that well... :nope: Fingers crossed it continues.
I find the hardest thing with Alora is getting her to nap... :wacko: She doesn't nap long at ALL most days, which is better than being up at night, but still! Babies are supposed to have two, 2-3 hour naps at this age! And I feel like I can't ever get anything done during the day. No wonder she gets so darn cranky and fussy in the evenings... a combination of being gassy and overtired... evenings are really hard! :( It takes quite a while to get her settled for bed every night. I can't wait for this fussy period to end!

I feel your pain KC! Autumn hates to nap, the only time she usually does more than 20 minutes is if we're out and shes in the car seat. But yesterday she even stayed awake during that! She must have felt like Christmas shopping. lol

Athena is the same way... cat naps unless she's in her car seat then she can go for hours... But when she doesn't nap she is so cranky towards the end of the day!!! I guess we've got a schedule and didn't even know it. Around 9 hubby and I usually go to our room and feed her then put her to bed, she even goes down sleepy but not quite a sleep without a fuss! She's been doing 3+ hour stretches. Last night she went from 11-2 and then 3-6!

Thanks Girls, I've calmed down alot. Hubby's response was - He's a man. I think he realise he upset me though. I've changed the password on the TV and put one on the laptop and until he can control himself and respect me he aint getting the codes. Since doing this he's been coming to bed with me :) Fair enough we can't DTD yet as I'm still not healed but have been intimate :blush: which I think is helping our relationship :D

Tristan is so poorly, he's got a horrible cough and blocked up nose so he is sneezing loads. I had him at the Doctors Friday because he was coughing, the Doctor just said it was a cold. Over the weekend he got worse, Sunday morning I woke up and he was really wheezy so I rang NHS Direct and they arranged for him to see the Out of Hours Doctor at the hospital. Luckily he said it's not on his chest, he said he is wheezy because his nose is blocked so has given him saline nasal drops. He's really not happy today, he crys when he coughs, he crys when I try to feed him, he crys when I put him down, he even crys when I'm holding him, I feel so sorry for him!! :(

It's my work Christmas Do on Thursday but I won't be going if he isn't better.
How are you all?

BB - I hope your little man feels better soon. :( And I'm glad you've gotten things straightened out with your hubby. :hugs:

I went to my Christmas party a few weeks ago, Alora was only two weeks old. It was nice to get out though, even though we only went for a couple hours.

I am so tired... Alora is sleeping decently at night (3-4 hour stretches! :D) but I'm just worn out. Chasing after my toddler all day, and caring for a newborn is exhausting. :( I cannot wait until things get easier. :(

I don't know how you do it! :lol:

Tristan is alot worse. Took him back to the Doctors last night and he sent us straight upto the peads ward at the hospital. He has Bronchiolitis. Theres nothing they can do for him though :cry:

My Health Visitor has just been as I rang her last night and asked if she could come and weigh him so we could keep our eye on his weight as at the moment he is off his food and screams when I try and feed him.

He's only gained 7oz in 12 days compared to what he was gaining :( He's dropped ooff the 50th centile line and is now between 25th and 50th!

aw poor Tristan, I hope he gets better soon & is gaining enough weight.

I'm still without a phone & am struggling to get time on the laptop - not enough hours & all that! but hopefully will be getting a new phone soon, once the snow has melted 7 we can go to the shops. Leo's doing really well & is sleeping much better at night now.

awww BB, hope your little man feels better soon! it is normal for their weight gain too slow down some so try not too worry too much, my Little man was gaining about 11oz a week, then went down too 7oz a week and then the last time he was checked he only gained 2oz in a week, they told me not too worry as it is totally normal :hugs:

booked my oh's vasectomy! molly has been sleeping a lot still must be a growth spurt. wish she'd gain weight faster I'm worried she isn't getting enough milk.....but best news yet I am going back to roller derby next month! I am so excited to get on my skates! how are you all today?

My hubby's vasectomy will be booked soon too! When I take Alora for her shots on January 12th, were getting the referral! It will be so nice not worrying about BC! :lol:

BB - I really hope Tristan feels better soon, poor little guy. :( It sucks when they can't do anything and you just have to wait it out.
And some days I don't know how I do it either! :haha: I feel like superwoman in a way, being able to manage two kids so young! :rofl:

My mom babysat Alora this morning for a bit though so I could take my oldest out Christmas shopping, it was nice to get out just the two of us for a bit. :cloud9:

Hi guys, just popping in to see how everyone is getting on. I haven't had much of a chance to get online since Luca was born.
Luca is coming along nicely,although his weight gain was a 'concern' according to the standard graph. I haven't bothered getting him weighed again though as he is noticably putting on weight and his devpt is fine. He rolled over from front to back about a week ago and is now doing it quite a bit but he gets annoyed to find himself on his back :lol:

Going to do a wee bit of reading and see how the October babies and mummies are getting on. xxx

Rose slept so well last night! Just woke up once for a few hours to eat then slept again for about 5 hours! I needed that sleep so much! Though she slept a ton all day today so I think tonight will be rough! :p

Wow thats good about rolling over Trumpetbum! :)

Tristan is still no better :(
I've just fedhim and I've never seen so much sick, he threw up all over himself, all over me, all over my feedin pillow and all over the sofa cushion. I could have rung our clothes and the muslin out :(
He's having barely any dirty nappies and sounds terrible, I wish there was something I or someone could do :cry:

Oh no, poor boy! I hope he feels better soon!

Oww bless him :( makes me so sad when babies are ill! Huge hugs to you lovely! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->