****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

I am so jealous of the babies sleeping all night... and 12 HOURS???!!! :shock:

The most I have gotten is 5 hours... and that's only been twice.

Me too! Sophia has also only done 5 hrs as her max, once on Mon night and once last night but other than that she usually does anything from 2.5hr sessions to 4 hr sessions at night. Usually she'll have the longest one first (when i'm still awake for some of it!) and then the later sleeps (when i'm finally in bed!) are the shorter sessions of 2.5-3 hrs! :dohh:

Sorry to hear your swing broke. Do you have any nearly new sales coming up or charity shops, could you pick one up second hand?

xxx

JEALOUS!! :lol:

Just noticed your signature :shock:

I agree i am very jelous to i really want another one already but im meant to be going to uni next year and i think the parents would kick off if i suddenly had a 2nd especially with me only being 18, we could finantically afford it but no one else would be too happy, other than me and DH

Phillippa it's not upto anyone else what you and Hubby choose to do with your lives, if you both want another baby now then do it, it's your choice.

BeanieBaby - Tristan is like that, he goes to bed between 8 and 9pm and he sleeps until between 12 and 2! After that he wakes about ever 2.5 hours. I tell you what he has started and its tiring me out, once hubby goes to work at 4am he has started waking every hour and now won't have a lie in :(

Well I thought Tristan was better so took him to Baby Massage and as usual he loved it. Whilst there I noticed his soft spot looked a bit sunken, I asked a couple of people there and they agreed.

I've just rang the assessment unit at the hospital and apparently because it was over 24 hours ago that we last went in we have to start all over again so off to the Doctors we go! Better to be safe than sorry!

Hope Tristan's ok BB. :hugs:

Re sleep Sophia is the same now in the last chunk of sleep before i'm due to get up she keeps stirring so i'm constantly putting the dummy back in, she goes back off but not as deeply as in the eve and main part of the night and then she rarely sleeps in. She does sleep v well in the day though so i can't complain really.

xxx

I've been to the Doctors, he was lovely and said we where ok to be concerned. He checked him over and apart from his windy bum and bronchiolitis he said he seemed ok.

BB - Glad Tristan is a little better... I hope he feels 100% soon! :hugs:

buttonnose - well good for you, with NTNP! :) and that's exciting! :D good luck! I love having two children close together in age... its HARD WORK but it will pay off in a year or so I think! :D And I always knew I wanted my kids close together.

Beaniebaby - Alora is the same, her longest stretch of sleep is always the first chunk. She usually has her bath around 8:30pm, bottle between 9-9:30pm... then I fiddle with her until 10-10:30pm before she falls asleep. Then she sleeps anywhere 3-5 hours. I always stick to the routine but still, 5 hours has been the max. I cannot wait until she sleeps longer! And she always sleeps in her crib/cot for naps and bedtime (the occasional nap might be on me or Daddy ;)).

Wriggley - Yeah Kyree broke it by climbing in it repeatedly when I've been busy with Alora. :dohh: I'm looking around for a used one.

BB - Glad Tristan is a little better... I hope he feels 100% soon! :hugs:

buttonnose - well good for you, with NTNP! :) and that's exciting! :D good luck! I love having two children close together in age... its HARD WORK but it will pay off in a year or so I think! :D And I always knew I wanted my kids close together.

Beaniebaby - Alora is the same, her longest stretch of sleep is always the first chunk. She usually has her bath around 8:30pm, bottle between 9-9:30pm... then I fiddle with her until 10-10:30pm before she falls asleep. Then she sleeps anywhere 3-5 hours. I always stick to the routine but still, 5 hours has been the max. I cannot wait until she sleeps longer! And she always sleeps in her crib/cot for naps and bedtime (the occasional nap might be on me or Daddy ;)).

Wriggley - Yeah Kyree broke it by climbing in it repeatedly when I've been busy with Alora. :dohh: I'm looking around for a used one.

oh no! was she trying to have a go? i must admit the thought has entered into my head lol

So glad it wasn't anything to worry about BB. You defo did the right thing taking him, especially after the wk he's had bless him! Hope he feels brighter soon. xxx

I cannot wait until she sleeps longer! And she always sleeps in her crib/cot for naps and bedtime.

This is one thing I need to do, put her down in her moses basket upstairs for her naps, at the mo she's just been sleeping in her bouncy chair downstairs mainly (its quite a flat lying one).

xxx

I'm so sad to be putting so many little clothes away that Rose either never fit in or has already outgrown. She's already wearing 6 month sleepers!

I'm so sad to be putting so many little clothes away that Rose either never fit in or has already outgrown. She's already wearing 6 month sleepers!

I had to buy Autumn some 6-12 month sleepers today. She doesnt fill them out, but couldnt straighten out her legs in the 3-6 anymore!

So glad it wasn't anything to worry about BB. You defo did the right thing taking him, especially after the wk he's had bless him! Hope he feels brighter soon. xxx

I cannot wait until she sleeps longer! And she always sleeps in her crib/cot for naps and bedtime.

This is one thing I need to do, put her down in her moses basket upstairs for her naps, at the mo she's just been sleeping in her bouncy chair downstairs mainly (its quite a flat lying one).

xxx

Yeah I find it really important to put her in the crib. I wanted her to get used to it ASAP so it won't be a challenge later. It was hard at first, the first week or so... because they would rather be with someone than alone in a crib... but now she sleeps best in her crib, better than anywhere else actually! :D

Wriggley - Yes, Kyree was trying the swing out. But she would mostly turn the darn thing on while in it and she is above the maximum weight. :wacko: So she broke the motor.

And it's crazy how fast these babies grow!!! I have so many clothes for Alora, there's no way she will wear them all!!! :nope:

I agree unless you want to co sleep, keep them sleeping in their own bed. Putting them in there for naps helps solidify that thats their sleeping place. Bouncy chairs in the main part of the house can be too disruptive. I sort of accidentaly started co sleeping with Autumn for a while to get more sleep, and I regretted it. Thankfully shes back in her own bed now and it wasn't too hard at all, but I can imagine it had the potential to be a nightmare!
I'm not against co sleeping, just not 100% comfortable with it myself. I have a bad back and need to be able to change positions.

We have a moses basket downstairs and one upstairs. I try not to take Tristan upstairs during the day as I want him to see upstairs as bedtime, I only put him downstairs to sleep during the day.

We had an awful night last night, he was up loads! I guess it's down to him being poorly.

Has anyone seen the thread "How to clean LO's tongue?" :rofl:

Yeah I find it really important to put her in the crib. I wanted her to get used to it ASAP so it won't be a challenge later. It was hard at first, the first week or so... because they would rather be with someone than alone in a crib... but now she sleeps best in her crib, better than anywhere else actually! :D

I think i'll try putting her down upstairs as of next week maybe as we have a lot on at the weekend. Hopefully she'll be ok as she is really good going down at night in her moses basket now. You're right I guess I should sort it so it doesn't become a challenge in the long run. I think this time I was just trying the more relaxed approach as I spent so long battling with Bella in the early wks to do things like that with no luck until a lot later down the line so I think I thought I would just go with the flow and let her sleep whereever she wanted to during the day. She is a much more settled baby than Bella though so i'm sure we won't have any probs, touch wood!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad night last night BB. At least its the weekend now so perhaps your OH can help you out. I know its difficult when your fully breastfeeding though but hopefully you can catch up on sleep etc. :hugs:

xxx

my mom took Molly all last night :o we live together but it was still sooo weird, I got so much sleep!

MommyKC - aww bless Have you managed to find another swing for Alora?

To anyone thats had their first period - whats it been like?

I hardly ever get on here, seem to never have the time. My little man woke up with a cold, he slept all morning, but now he's fighting it, I've been topless all day letting him sleep on me and letting him get plenty of skin-to-skin contact. I feel so bad for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->