****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

aww pleased u got your new swing ! has Kyree gone near this one?

ive gotten my first period :(:( it was very light for 4 days and now i on 2nd of heavy bleeding :( ergh i just want it to stop

Thanks hun. YES Kyree keeps trying to play with the new swing too... :dohh: But I just watch her very carefully and keep telling her NO! :haha:

Periods aren't much fun. We get spoiled while pregnant, not having it for 9 months! :rofl:

i got a swing for frank yesterday, its so brilliant, he is so so soooo settled and i can get loads done in the house without him stuck to my front :lol:
wish i bought one sooner!

I know what you mean! My swing is a godsend! I use it ALL the time! Especially with a toddler who needs attention too.

Holly gets a little restless in her swing, she won't bear it for longer than 5 mins, am hoping that as she gets a little older she might do!! we keep persisting and have her in it a few times a day for her to get used to it!! She is in it now but she is fast asleep and was when I put her in. If she wakes as I put her in then she fights sleep until I take her out again!!

So pleased you had better nights Juless and MommyKC, its great when they turn a corner like that! Long may it continue!

Re the bath MommyKC the bath chair I have for Sophia means that her head is quite high out of the water so even with the bath at a level that's good for Bella the water still only comes halfway up Sophia's tummy as she's raised up in her chair. I make sure I put Bella in first so that once Sophia's in her chair I never even need to step away from the bath. I just wash her, with Bella's help and we coo at her for a while etc. and then I take her out and get her ready whilst Bella grabs her toys and has a play. I then transfer Sophia into her bouncy chair once she's ready and finish bathing Bella. One of my friends said she always bathed hers together from the start (her little one was 2 as her 2nd's a yr old now), whereas other friends of mine said they waited until 3 mths. I started at 6 wks so its relatively new. It just wasn't working before as Sophia was really unsettled when I was bathing Bella, whereas putting her in the bath with Bella calms her straight down and she is all smiley and chatty! Its clear she's in awe of her big sis already, so cute!

xxx

We just started attempting something of a routine tonight.
I wasn't interested in trying the first six weeks and just concentrated on establishing breastfeeding, then it was Luca's baptism, then the kids confirmation and then a growth spurt so I held off :lol:
I've gone for settling around 9.30pm because he has a happy stage from about 8.30pm after cluster feeding from about 6ish. It's good though as dh gets home around 8.30pm so they can have some time together before bedtime. We did a quick bath, baby massage and feed/story tonight then popped him in his amby nest and rocked him a little. He's sound asleep so fingers crossed.
I hope the witch stays away for a while, I was lucky with my last dd not to have it for almost the duration of our breastfeeding relationship so I hope that's the case this time.

Can anyone recommend a good, attractive nursing bra with decent support?? I just had a narrow escape from a blocked duct, thanks to some agressive massaging and feeding to get rid of it and I think it's because i'm in dire need of good underwear.

I got mine from Mothercare and they are a really good fit.

Tristan seems to be getting better, he is still a bit rattly and coughing a little but is alot better than he was. He's got his injections tomorrow, I'm dreading it!

The only thing I'm finding hard with Tristan at the moment is the way he is with feeding, he is still brilliant with feeding once he has latched but at the beginning of the feed it takes me a good few minutes to get him latched because he just screams and gets really upset, I dread feeding in public at the moment because it's so hard. He's only got like this since being poorly, I don't know what to do? :shrug:

Our bedtime routine is pretty good, we bath Tristan every night, take him into our bedroom where only the lamp is on, get him dressed, feed him and put him in his moses basket, he doesn't leave our room until the morning. He goes to sleep between 8-9pm then wakes between 12.30 -1.30am, 3.30am, 5.30am, 7.30am then up about 9am.

I've not had a period yet, I've gone on the Depo Injection so don't think I will have one!

We had an AMAZING night last night, I just can't believe it!

7.50-3am asleep! That's 7 hrs!!!!!!!!!!
3-3.25 nappy change and quick feed, straight back down
3.25-7.50 asleep! That's 4.5 hrs! (until last night this was the biggest chunk she usually did during the night, it was the smallest last night and I only had to put the dummy in once as opposed to about 15 times!

I managed to get myself showered before she woke up and then give her her bottle before my eldest woke up at 8.10am (slightly late for her but I just let her sleep!).

Today is also day 1 of trying to get her to nap upstairs in the moses basket. Brought her downstairs after bottle and getting Bella ready etc. Left her in the bouncy chair whilst we had breakfast. Clocked when she looked drowsy but awake and put her upstairs in her basket (at 9.20am so 1.5 hrs after waking) and not a peep out of her, straight down!!!!! :happydance:

I can't believe things can be this easy, my first was a nightmare in comparison! She never slet as well as Sophia did last night until she was 18 mths old and even then she only slept 10.5 hrs and Sophia did 11.5 last night! Mental!

Just hope it continues!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

:dohh: just managed to edit my post in here to remove the paragraph about you and Tristan BB, thinking it was my journal and now i've lost it! Can't remember what i'd said now, was something along the lines of

Pleased to hear Tristan's on the mend BB, just sorry to hear the feeding's causing problems. My eldest, Bella used to do that but that was due to me introducing a few too many bottles a bit further down the line and her taking a preference over the bottle as it was easier. She would latch on eventually of course. That wouldn't make sense in your case though as know you're 100% breastfeeding so really hope its a phase and it improves soon. :hugs:

xxx

I have put Holly down for her afternoon nap in the bedroom today for the first time, it seems to be going well, but my ears are soooo glues to the monitor!! I can hear her little snore lol!
We're trying to get into a routine and it seems to be going well, its not too fixed yet, will gradually fix things into place one by one.

On another note, I have been struggling for the last few days, hubby has been on long shifts and I was feeling very alone and that he didn't help enough when he was around. It turns out he listened, last night he did the last feed and then settled her down so I could get an early night, I did the 4am feed and then this morning he got up with her, brought her downstairs, fed, washed and changed her, took her to the shops and made me breakfast in bed! So I got a lovely lie in and a lovely breakfast, feeling so much more refreshed and happy!!!

Thanks BB, I'll try theirs, glad Tristan is feeling better.
Well last night went well, he did wake up a few times but went back to sleep with a little rocking of the Amby and an EBM feed on one occasion. I'm doing an EBM feed without taking him out if he wakes up just for the first few nights to get him used to being in his nest for long periods of time. He was in the Amby from 10pm to 3am and then came in with me from 3am until 7am, then had his morning nap from about 10 until 1pm. This is great as so far he's mostly been in bed with me which I'm fine with but as I'm going back to work at the end of next month I want him to be happy sleeping in his own bed too, especially if I'm on nightshift. Hoping to work up to him just coming in with us after 5am.

On another note, I have been struggling for the last few days, hubby has been on long shifts and I was feeling very alone and that he didn't help enough when he was around. It turns out he listened, last night he did the last feed and then settled her down so I could get an early night, I did the 4am feed and then this morning he got up with her, brought her downstairs, fed, washed and changed her, took her to the shops and made me breakfast in bed! So I got a lovely lie in and a lovely breakfast, feeling so much more refreshed and happy!!!

Wow sounds like your hubby really stepped up to the mark in the end, long may it continue...

My OH works long hrs a lot so I completely understand how hard it can be, I feel like a single parent sometimes! He leaves at 7am and gets in 9.30-10 most of the time as has a long commute and almost always stays late. He eats when he gets home and then often goes into the study and logs into work again! I got flowers the other week saying "You are my rock, I know I don't say it enough" as I was banging on about him taking me for granted! :haha:

xxx

Wow sounds like your hubby really stepped up to the mark in the end, long may it continue...

My OH works long hrs a lot so I completely understand how hard it can be, I feel like a single parent sometimes! He leaves at 7am and gets in 9.30-10 most of the time as has a long commute and almost always stays late. He eats when he gets home and then often goes into the study and logs into work again! I got flowers the other week saying "You are my rock, I know I don't say it enough" as I was banging on about him taking me for granted! :haha:

xxx

Yeah, he really did step up to the mark bless him!! fingers crossed he keeps it going!!

My hubby is the same with hours and commuting, its bloody hard isn't it?! they always seem to come through though just as we are grumbling most haha, maybe we should grumble more often!!! xx

My hubby is the same with hours and commuting, its bloody hard isn't it?! they always seem to come through though just as we are grumbling most haha, maybe we should grumble more often!!! xx

Sure is, even harder with two at home! He is good on the weekend when he's home but he's always so tired from his week that it can have a big knock on effect sometimes! Its hard to be patient sometimes, even with the grand gestures every now and then, as its partly due to his long commute and his role/firm but also has a lot to do with the fact that he's a workaholic! :growlmad:

x

Sure is, even harder with two at home! He is good on the weekend when he's home but he's always so tired from his week that it can have a big knock on effect sometimes! Its hard to be patient sometimes, even with the grand gestures every now and then, as its partly due to his long commute and his role/firm but also has a lot to do with the fact that he's a workaholic! :growlmad:

x

I'm not sure I would cope with two!!! It is hard to be patient, I don't have the best ability to be patient with things at all, am trying to learn lol! xx

Beaniebaby, that's awesome how long Sophia slept for you!!! :yipee:

And thanks for the bath tips, I don't think I could bath them together just yet as Alora still hates it when I take her out of the bath, I mean she screams bloody murder!!! So I wouldn't be able to get her dressed, etc and then bath Kyree because she'd be screaming the entire time. I will have to wait until Alora is more calm after her baths (she does calm down once I swaddle and cuddle her but clearly I can't do that while bathing Kyree! :haha:).

I'm debating on switching Alora's routine a bit. Right now I feed her at 8:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm and then 9:30pm then bed. But the 3:30pm feed she barely drinks anything, like MAYBE 2oz... but I've kept her on this routine because her 9:30pm feed followed by bed works best for me as I get her settled by 10-10:30pm which is our bedtime usually (works with when hubby goes to bed, etc)... but it seems like it would be better for Alora to go every 4 hours between feed so that she can get a full belly and drink more at each feed. So I might feed her at 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm and 8:30pm... but that means she'd go to bed around 9-9:30pm which is an hour or so earlier than we go to bed, and if I don't go to bed right away...then I miss out on that hour or so of sleep while she sleeps... but on the other hand, that's the routine I want her to be in the long run... but I think it would be better for her. So we'll see. I'm going to wait and see how the next few nights go with her sleep, and if she still doesn't drink much from her afternoon bottle and then maybe work on switching her routine a bit. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->