****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Lol, I remember when my nephew was newborn people used to be surprised that he wasn't doing more and sil to explain that he was only 1/2/3 months old because he was such a big baby. He's 4 now and really tall so I suspect he will get this for life. Hopefully Rosalinas routine won't be disrupted too much, it's great that she's sleeping so well.

We get the opposite with Anna. She is so small that people are amazed she's smiling and has complete head support. Most people think Anna is a week old lol.

Yeah all babies are different, some people seem to forget that. :dohh: My babies have always been a good size, maybe because they are formula fed? But they were/are both chunky monkeys and bigger than some babies... but I wouldn't change a thing!

Jules - hopefully Rose's routine doesn't get too messed up, but I would just suggest keeping it as close as possible to what you've been doing... i.e. bath her at the same times, feed her the same time, etc even when you're staying somewhere else. It should help keep her on schedule. ;)

Newt your profile piccy is lovely!! :D
Luca is a cutie too! How do those baths work? :lol:

Weekend wasn't too bad, Hubby got in at 5.10am :shock: I was a bit pissed off at that! Bit too late I think? Tristan must have known Daddy wasn't in because he was really unsettled all night and I couldn't sleep either!

Saturday Hubby was rough but still got up and went into town to finish Christmas Shopping at 9.30am whilst Tristan and I chilled at home! We then went to our friends in the afternoon and went to bed early!

Yesterday we just watched TV all day, Tristan was lovely! He smiled and cooed all day long! For those of you on my Facebook I'm going to upload a new video of him :cloud9:

Last night wasn't too good, Tristan is normally brilliant at bedtime, we put him down awake and he usually drops off but last night he cried :( He eventually did drop off after putting his dummy in countless times but then at each feed during the night he did the same!? :shrug: He's now gone back down to sleep (it's 9am) which he never does!!?

Got the Health Visitor coming at 10.30 to weigh him and check that his weight hasn't dropped off the lines! Fingers crossed it hasn't!

How are all you girls?

Tristan's weight is back on track! :mrgreen: He's now 11lb 9oz whih means he has put on 10oz in 6 days!! It must have been from him being poorly that he only put on 3oz last time!

He was just falling asleep on my knee and giggled for the 1st time!! :cloud9:

I spoke to my Health Visitor when she was here, my birth is still bothering me, I've even started having nightmares :cry: She said if I'm still having them after Christmas she is referring me for counselling :( I was nearly in tears talking to her about it! I honestly thought I was getting better!

If they do go I will still have to have pre conception counselling before we TTC#2!

Yay for giggling!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant tell when Anna smiles at me she thinks about giggling but no giggles yet.

Aww I can't wait for giggles either. Alora has just started smiling and even that melts my heart. :cloud9:

And BB - BIG :hugs:. It can be very disappointing if a birth experience doesn't go as planned, and in your case... even traumatizing. :( I lucked out and had a good birth experience with both of my girls... and with Alora, it was amazing (14 hours of mild labour, followed by only 4 hours of hard labour, 5 minutes of pushing and only a superficial tear!). With Kyree, parts of it were harder (11 hours total of labour which wasn't bad but had 3 hours of pushing, eventually had a vacuum-assisted birth and 2nd degree tear). But I can imagine how difficult it would be to accept if things didn't go as planned (I would have been devastated if they ended in c-section, that was always my biggest fear). We all go into labour/delivery with the knowledge that "anything can happen" but when things do go wrong, or take longer than planned... it still can be heartbreaking. I know many women who have taken weeks, months... even years to accept how their birth went. I hope you can overcome your fears and find a way to accept that unfortunately, some things are beyond our control. And I hope the nightmares stop. :( Hang in there hun. :hugs:

xx

So I have a question about napping, Alora is 6.5 weeks now and she has 4 naps a day, each one only lasting an hour or so? Give or take? She's sleeping right now in her swing (bathtime is in 40 minutes, bottle and bedtime after that)... which to me, she should be staying awake so she sleeps longer once bedtime comes. I'm having such a hard time remembering my first daughters milestones and when she did what... :dohh:... but I could have sworn she used to nap 2-3 times a day, but longer naps... like 2-3 hours each. And she would stay up (or we'd keep her up) between her last two feeds before bed. But there's no way I can keep Alora up in the evening, she gets too darn miserable! :wacko: Does her napping sound right to you guys??? It seems like she's napping too often, and not long enough. :shrug: But my memory sucks lately too.

Thanks BB, they just sit in it, it's deceptively roomy tbh. Glad your wee mans weight is back on track. I think that the counselling is a great idea.

I can't wait for giggling, I've got wee chuckles, cooing and other noises but no belly laughs yet. Mommy KC I don't think any of mine have had set naps or set times with the exception of Luca who has a nap between 10-12/1pm each day or he gets grouchy. Some days though he seems to sleep lots during the day, he cat naps a lot in the sling.

Oh I'm so jealous of you ladies and your napping babies! Autumn drifts in and out of sleep when we're out, but almost doesn't sleep at all in the day at home!

Oh but maybe I shouldn't complain, she generally sleeps 7-8 hours at night, has a feed then back down for a couple.

Anna was fussy tonight. She wasnt hungry she was burped and had a clean diaper so I new she was just fighting sleep. She has had some cradle cap but because of her long luscious locks you cant tell. Anyways I started brushing her hair and she LOVED it. Plus she is out cold. We even took her outside (bundled up) in -15 weather to see the eclipse and she didnt even stir. So grab your brushes and start combing :)

:rofl: Comb what exactly!!? :lol:

I'm such a dimbat! We ordered a mat for Tristan and a breastfeeding pillow for me, didn't think it would get here for Christmas, it arrived this morning and me being a numpty only ordered a pillow cover!! :(

did anyone here get a urogynae nurse appointment? if so what was it for?

on my discharge notes it says under follow up appointments that i had a referral from a nurse which is for my appointment but im thinking 'follow up to what'?

Sophia's sleeping great at the mo. She probs has 3 naps a day, around 45 mins in the morning and then another short nap of a similar time and a longer one of 1-2 hrs at some point during the afternoon/eve. Sometimes she does the longer nap over the lunch period and othertimes she does it mid-late afternoon. I then try and keep her more or less awake (sometimes let her dose a bit in her chair) from 5.30-6pm. I then give her half her bottle before bath and the rest afterwards and she then sleeps 8-4/4.30, has a quick 30 min change and feed and then sleeps through until 8am! I realise we are v. lucky! This has only been for 2 nights though so not sure whether we've cracked it for sure or not but at least I know she can do it if she wants to!

xxx

did anyone here get a urogynae nurse appointment? if so what was it for?

on my discharge notes it says under follow up appointments that i had a referral from a nurse which is for my appointment but im thinking 'follow up to what'?

No idea :shrug:

BB How??? Tristan still wakes 4 times! :(

*grumble*

Alden hasn't had his injections yet as he was poorly last week and I've gotta wait for another appointment...so that'll probably we Wednesday 5th [11 weeks old :dohh:] I don't overly mind this as I semi-wanted a delayed schedule.

And our six week check was meant to happen today [the only appointment they had] but we got told it was tomorrow so obviously didn't go until I got a phone call at 10:40 :nope: :growlmad: so now that's on Thursday 6th...stupid doctors.

Franks so unsettled recently, hes slept in my bed for the past few nights only occasionally going down in his cot, i cant sleep properly with him in the bed so im soooo tired. i've occasionaly had to leave him to cry it out which i feel awful about but im on my own and its so exhausting when he wont settle at all.
:(

im staying at my mums for a few days at christmas, and although they say they wont mind and understand if hes unsettled and screaming i will feel awful and embarresed so i am dreading it a bit.

hope everyones well and managing to keep warm in the epic cold! x

BB How??? Tristan still wakes 4 times! :(

I don't know she slept v similar to Tristan until recently. Only thing I can think of is since I stopped expressing last wk she's now 100% formula fed so may stay fuller for longer. She's on 4 4-hrly daytime feeds of 6oz and one night feed of 6oz. Don't give up though as your doing great with the breastfeeding and remember he is still getting his stregth back from being so ill. He'll probs turn a corner in the next few days you'll see. :hugs:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->