****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Anna was fussy tonight. She wasnt hungry she was burped and had a clean diaper so I new she was just fighting sleep. She has had some cradle cap but because of her long luscious locks you cant tell. Anyways I started brushing her hair and she LOVED it. Plus she is out cold. We even took her outside (bundled up) in -15 weather to see the eclipse and she didnt even stir. So grab your brushes and start combing :)

Autumn likes having her hair brushed, but she LOVES having it washed. :haha:

We're had the lovliest clear sky for days (-37 mind you but clear) and last night, total lunar eclipse... SNOWING. :dohh:

I have been lucky too I must admit, Alora only feeds once at night. Usually goes to bed around 9:30pm (depending when I manage to settle her, sometimes it's 10:30pm on a fussy night :wacko:) but she gets up around 3am, then sleeps until 7:30am and is up for the day. But again, she is 100% formula fed as well. :shrug: Sometimes she wakes up besides that though, and I give her a soother, etc but she only eats the one time. :D

And I am impressed right now! Last night I put Alora down while she was still awake, and she went to sleep on her own! :yipee: And same with her nap today, I just hold her until she's sleepy then put her down... and she's in her crib as we speak, fast asleep!!! :smug: I hope it continues! :D Makes my life much easier, rather than trying to settle her for 30-60 minutes!

And I am impressed right now! Last night I put Alora down while she was still awake, and she went to sleep on her own! :yipee: And same with her nap today, I just hold her until she's sleepy then put her down... and she's in her crib as we speak, fast asleep!!! :smug: I hope it continues! :D Makes my life much easier, rather than trying to settle her for 30-60 minutes!

So happy for you. That's what I do with Sophia too, put her down slightly drowsy but awake and most of the time it works (touch wood!). With Bella to look after too it makes life so much easier! F'xd it continues!

xxx

Yeah last night didn't go as well, I had to go in her room a few times to soothe her, etc... but she did still go to sleep in her crib eventually and NOT on me. I did the same with Kyree but didn't start until she was 3 months or so, but I'm starting earlier with Alora as I figure it can't hurt right? :shrug:
And I've heard it's good to start between 6-8 weeks to avoid any habits forming (i.e. them getting used to always being rocked to sleep, etc). Today was rough for naps, she just didn't want to sleep and every time I put her down she cried... but hopefully it was just a bad day and tomorrow will be better.

xx

Hope tonight and tomorrow's better for you both. Yeah Sophia sometimes has off days where she doesn't settle as well. It tends to be timed with when she's a bit constipated as she becomes really fussy and unsettled. Are you doing controlled crying then or something like that? We had to give Bella tough love in the end but because of her reflux and not kinowing whether she was crying out of real pain we didn't start it until gone 4 mths. It was a v. stressful time as she never settled prior to midnight/1am until 4 mths. Not sure whether it was the CC or the fact the reflux and colic just got better but we gradually managed to get her down earlier and earlier and the crying got less and less. Luckily we've not felt the need to adopt anything with Sophia as she seems to go down really well. Also because she rarely cries when going down I always know when she does its for a good reason, such as wind, constipation, nappy or the fact she needs to be sick so i'd feel guilty being tough with her.

Took Sophia to clinic today and she now weighs 12lb 4oz! She's put on 21oz in 21 days, mental! The little chubster!

xxx

Go Sophia! :lol:

Kate that's great that you can do that, I never heard about waiting? :shrug: I've done it with Tristan from day 1! Ooops! :lol:

Tuesday night was a shock to the system, he slept from 9.30 til 2.30!! :shock: He then woke at 5.30 and 7.30 and got up at 9! :D

He made up for it last night though, up every 2 hours from 11.30! :( I'm up now and the little monkey is in bed! :rofl:

Just dropping in to say Happy Christmas to everyone. I doubt I'll get on here tomorrow as I still have some pressies to buy & have pretty much all of them to wrap still! so disorganised. I've wrapped OH's though so he doesn't know what he's getting!!!

Leo had his jabs yesterday :( been a poorly boy last night & today but is doing ok on calpol. I hope he's better by Christmas.

He should be Hun, Tristan was the same, I think a lot of babies are like that!

I probably will be on tomorrow but if I'm not I hope you all have a fabulous FIRST Christmas!! :mrgreen:

Beaniebaby - I guess you could call it controlled crying? Basically if she cries, I do go in her room but I try to soothe her while she's still laying in her crib (give her a soother, rub her head, etc). I don't pick her up unless she really throws a fit, and even then... once she calms down she goes right back in. That way she learns that Mommy is there for her, but when it's time to sleep she stays in her crib. :shrug: It worked great with my first daughter (after about a week) so I'm doing the same thing this time.

BB - I think you can start it anytime! They just say anytime before 6 weeks, it's "okay" to do whatever is necessary to get them to sleep as it won't form habits before then. I always had to rock or bounce Alora to sleep, especially those first 4 weeks or so.. otherwise as soon as I put her down, she would just scream. It would be better for all of us (since she'd sleep longer) by soothing her to sleep... but now I'm giving her a bit of tough love because when she does cry and I pick her up, she stops crying. :dohh: So clearly sometimes it's just that she wants to be cuddled... which is fine but I need to break her of that habit too otherwise I will ALWAYS be doing it!

Tough love sounds good. Thanks for sharing/the advice I think i'll adopt your approach in future. At the moment she's generally quite good but it could be a honeymoon period!

xxx

Sorry to gate crash ladies :( I never knew this thread existed!!

I was I bumpkin! Cant believe I missed this!
Hi everyone!!!

Hi sophie Lou, glad you found it.

It's Xmas eve!!! Luca is currently asleep in one of his Xmas pressies...his swing. Awesome buy :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Only one more sleep! :D

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you all have a great first Christmas! :) I'm very excited myself. Poppy has already given me my Christmas present...last night she slept from 12 to 8! I was very surprised when I woke up for her first feed and found it was light outside, lol.

I hope you all really enjoy the festivities, and make lots of very happy memories with your babies!

That's a lovely xmas present, really hope you wake up on xmas morning tomorrow with the same result!

Merry crimbo to everyone, hope you all have a good one!

I'm feeling v. festive indeed, made some mine pies earlier, went to christingle service, laid out the girls stockings and some goodies for santa and rudolf, read the snowman to them and now i'm tucking into a nice glass of mulled wine!!

xxx

Merry Christmas mummy and babies!!! Omg Cooper Is 8wks

Merry Christmas from Alexa and Me!!

Heres her i her xmas dress! :)

Attachments

• Alexa's Christmas Dress 2010 018.jpg
    Alexa's Christmas Dress 2010 018.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3
  • Alexa's Christmas Dress 2010 014.jpg
    Alexa's Christmas Dress 2010 014.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
my baby isnt rolling over yet, but he is a whooping 18 pounds already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->