****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Alexa isn't rolling over yet either. I'm just now getting her to like tummy tmie for more then 5 minutes... Lol. But after 10 minutes she get's mad again/ frustrated because she can't crawl.

The weird thing is... is that I think she will be ble to walk before she can crawl. :haha:
She can hold herself up on her legs without falling over if I give her something to hold on to. :lol:

Anybody elses baby rolling over?

Avery has almost got the rolling over thing down, he rolls over onto his side, no one believed me and so he surprised everyone and did it, lol.
So hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Avery got soo much stuff like a My Pal Scout (love this toy) and a Baby Einstein playmat. I got The Beatles Rockband and Avery loves it when I hold/feed him while singing! Too precious. Hope everyone is doing well, are your babies doing anything thats surprising you?

No Alora isn't rolling over yet either... but when I put her on her tummy, she definitely seems like she's trying already!!!

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! I certainly did! :cloud9: My hubby got me diamond earrings!!!! :shock:
And the girls were spoiled by Santa. ;)

xx

Avery has almost got the rolling over thing down, he rolls over onto his side, no one believed me and so he surprised everyone and did it, lol.
So hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, Avery got soo much stuff like a My Pal Scout (love this toy) and a Baby Einstein playmat. I got The Beatles Rockband and Avery loves it when I hold/feed him while singing! Too precious. Hope everyone is doing well, are your babies doing anything thats surprising you?

Alexa got the girl version called, My Pal Violet, She loves it! She actually tries talking to it. lol.

LilDreamy- Avery talks to him also and at night if I put it near him with the lullaby music he goes out like a light within minutes.

Luca has been rolling front to back since about 7 weeks but yesterday was the first time that he rolled from back to front. he was straining his neck because he smelled milk on his blanket :lol: .

Hope you all had a great christmas. My camera broke and i was so upset that I wouldn't get pics of Lucas first Xmas but luckily we ought our eldest dd a phone for Xmas and she took some pics on it.

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 8
  • luca.jpg
    luca.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 7
Hi girls, hope you all had a fun first xmas with your babes! Sophia's had a cold so hasn't been as settled as she usually is at night but she's still been a little angel for us in the day, bless her! Just wish she knew when to cough to bring all that mucus up! My OH now has a cold too so they're both suffering! Bella and myself seem to have escaped it so far so hoping we don't come down with it for NY!

xxx

LilDreamy- Avery talks to him also and at night if I put it near him with the lullaby music he goes out like a light within minutes.

Yea, it's deffo the best toy ever. She loves the night time music too, but the second the music goes off, she wakes up. :nope:

trumpetbum you.re baby is so precious. :) and you're lucky with him rolling over, he's a smart baby. :) Alexa is showing no interest in rolling over. :lol:

molly has baaaad cradle cap!!! I hate it and so does she >.<
she's teething too....anyone else?

Avery had some cradle cap (even on his eyebrows) and I just washed his hair with a brush and once a week with dandruff shampoo and lotion on the eyebrows, I was lucky it went away fast.

Alexa has it a little bit, but I use a little baby oil and it helps get rid of it. :)

& I think I might be pregnant again. :S

Lildreamy??? Really???? Did you test? We're you TTC???

I've lucked out, Alora hasn't really had cradle cap. If it looks dry at all, I put a little baby oil on her head during her bath and it takes care of it right away.

And Molly is teething already? Wow that's super early!!! :shock:

I'm trying something new again with Alora today. The last several days she's not been drinking 1-2 of her bottles everyday, but downing the other ones. So instead of giving her 5 bottles during the day (and one at night)... I'm trying only 4 bottles and one at night. We'll see how it goes and if she gets super grumpy by the time her feeds come around (as they will be 4 hours apart instead of 3-3.5 hrs). But this way hopefully she will drink more at each feed, and therefore be able to go longer. Fingers crossed anyway.

Beaniebaby - I hope your family feels better soon! :hugs:

xx

hi girls sorry not posted here for a while so thought id update you - zacoiya had a lovely first christmas with near 100 presents to open! which took him 4 days hehe

had a 4 hour screaming fit today :(:( i paniced and rang NHS direct so waiting for a nurse to ring me back - was so out of character i felt it shouldnt be ignored and to ring anyways.

but i have noticed that hes been extremly dribbly past week or so and people have commented saying could be the start of toothypegs coming through :shock: bit early but apparantly not unheard of so could just be that - but he had some calpol over an hour ago and is now fast asleep so maybe thats helped?

How much are your babies weighing? My little one was 7lb 2oz at birth and now at three months, he's 18 lbs already!!

Hello all! I was away travelling for Christmas for a week and missed this thread so much! I have a lot to catch up on! I hope you all had great holidays! We had such a fun time and Rosalina got lots of cute presents! We are so lucky that her sleeping schedule didn't get mixed up and she is still sleeping through the night! Usually falls asleep around 10pm and wakes up at 8am or around there. :) She's starting to smile and coo a ton and is having fun with her toys now! It's so amazing how much they change so quickly!! Also, we had to buy her a larger car seat.. one of the convertible 3 in 1 seats that is wider. She now is wearing 9 month sleepers now too! I love my big cuddly baby! hehe!

Lildreamy??? Really???? Did you test? We're you TTC???

I've lucked out, Alora hasn't really had cradle cap. If it looks dry at all, I put a little baby oil on her head during her bath and it takes care of it right away.

And Molly is teething already? Wow that's super early!!! :shock:

I'm trying something new again with Alora today. The last several days she's not been drinking 1-2 of her bottles everyday, but downing the other ones. So instead of giving her 5 bottles during the day (and one at night)... I'm trying only 4 bottles and one at night. We'll see how it goes and if she gets super grumpy by the time her feeds come around (as they will be 4 hours apart instead of 3-3.5 hrs). But this way hopefully she will drink more at each feed, and therefore be able to go longer. Fingers crossed anyway.

Beaniebaby - I hope your family feels better soon! :hugs:

xx

I wasn't TTC. & It's too early to test, I will test Monday.

The only reason I think I'm preggers again, is because I got my first time of the month after 6 weeks of giving birth, and I figured my next one would be here by now. And him and I did the deed around the time Iwould normally ovulate, even after I told him I wasn't on birth control yet. Now I'm feeling super tired and getting heart burn again. I never get heart burn, and I'm almost 2 weeks past that time of month.... I'm just too scared to take a test... :/ I can only imagine how hard it would be trying to take care of a newborn and a 1 yr old. :dohh:

If I'm preggers then, I'll be happy... but I would have rathered have waited until she was alittle older.

I almost think he did it on purpose, because he's getting old. He just turned 40. So I'm almost thinking he was trying to get me pgnant again before he got to old to have another baby. :S

Anywho... how much food does your babies eat??

Alexa eats 3 oz, every 2 hours. :S Starting at 4 am - 8 pm that's about 27 oz a day and 3 oz at night.... 30 oz total.

She is 3 months weighing 16 lbs. :/

hello all, hope you all had a lovely xmas, our was lovely frank had wind early on so was a bit of a grump but all happy by dinner time.

took frank to a and e last night i was on the bus with him on the morning and an old lady fell when walking down the bus when it was going round a roundabout (which is why your supposed to stay sat till it stops!!) and when she fell she grabbed my buggy and pulled it down with her, i couldnt react fast enough and frank fell out (he wasnt strapped in - felt so guilty about that:() he seemed fine at first but over the day became more sleepy and less happy and not eating as much, so i took him to get checked out but hes fine, must have been coincidence that he was having a lazy day the same day as the buggy accident.
it was the most scary moment i've had with him so far :(

Avery had some cradle cap (even on his eyebrows) and I just washed his hair with a brush and once a week with dandruff shampoo and lotion on the eyebrows, I was lucky it went away fast.

Thanks for the brush tip! Sophia had no cradle cap until she was 8 wks old but it got really bad over xmas. Washed her hair with dentinox last night but used a soft baby brush on her hair and the cradle cap on her forehead and its taken most of it clean off. She was smiling and cooing through the whole thing!

Lil Dreamy, can't wait for your next update, can't belive you may be preggers. Will that mean you're the first bumpkin to get pregnant again? They say that's the hardest age gap in the first couple of yrs but the best for later on as they'll be so close!

Sophia has been having 6oz in her bottle (although she sometimes leaves a bit on some but takes the whole 6oz on others) and has 5 feeds, usually 6.30, 10.30, 2.30, 6.30 and 1.30. I'd say she takes 26-28oz a day. She weighed 12lb 4oz at her last weigh in at 9w 2d.

xxx

I'm currently on hold with Johnson and Johnson about a box of 60 nursing pads I have. When I got down to about half the box I could see brown flecks through them and they seemed thinner. Seems like half the box is missing a few of the absorbant layers or something. I'm hoping they send me a free box or some coupons!
*edit - I'm getting a voucher for a free box! Wohoo! It pays to take 10 minutes and call when there's a problem!*
LilDreamy - if you are preggers again - Congrats! I'm sure you'll be able to handle two little ones! I bet it would be super hard, but rewarding at the same time! I keep feeling very sad about not being pregnant and wishing I could go through it all again now instead of waiting a few years, but no! I need to wait until my husband is done of school!! It's hard to wait though!
As for Rose's weight, I weighed her about 2 weeks ago and she was nearly 14 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->