****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Hi Girls!! :hi:

Hope you all had a brilliant Christmas!! :D I was well and truly spoilt by Hubby and Tristan! :)

Tristan got alot of presents!! Here are the ones from us - IMGP0794.jpg

He's become such a little character recently, he shouts, he smiles and makes really cute noises!! He knows what he does and doesn't like!

No cradle cap here either. Wriggley I'm thinking the same here, Luca is dribbly and girny and keeps gumming my nipples, both my girls were early teethers though so I may be jumping to conclusions.

Lil dreamy, congrats if you are preg, my bff just left with her kids who are a year apart and such a lovely couple of kids, so cute together and so close.

Is anyone else getting a message saying MODs need to check your post before posting it? Is it because I added Piccys?

bb do you mind if i ask where you got that dinosaur book?
i collect dinosaur themed baby stuff for him haha :dohh:

xxx

BB - I haven't gotten that warning about posting?? Maybe send admin a message? :shrug:

Lildreamy - Well congrats if you are pregnant, keep us posted! I know it can be scary, the thought of having them so close... but like others have said, it would pay off later. ;) My cousins are a little over a year apart and I'm sure it was hard on my aunt in the beginning but now they are super close and they were growing up too. Just remember, everything happens for a reason. :hugs: Mine are just under 2 years apart, and yes it's rough but also so, so worth it! :D

As for eating, Alora is around 12lbs (her last weigh in she was 11lbs 6oz at 6 weeks old) and she drinks 5 bottles a day, usually around 4-6 oz each bottle). She eats at 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm and then one bottle at night, varies from 3-5am.

xx

I was wondering, is it normal for a baby Alora's age (almost 8 weeks) to only be awake for an hour TOPS before getting totally miserable? Even after she's slept a while for her nap (2ish hours), and just eaten... she just cries and cries. :( It sucks, I feel like I can never spend much time with her before she just throws a fit and needs to sleep. I can't remember when they start being awake for longer periods... and being HAPPY while awake??? :(

Are your babies doing this or do they stay awake longer???

Wow BeanieBaby and MommyKC! I totally wish Alexa would eat like that! I've been feeding her by demand since she's been born. I tried a schedule once or twice... but didn't work. And I recorded when she ate and how much she ate yesterday... and it was complete chaos. I wouldn't feed her until she was getting a little fussy. and ready to eat and this is how it went yesterday...

8:00 - 3 oz
(2 1/2 hrs) 10:30 - 4 oz
(2 hrs) 12:30 - 3 1/2 oz
(2 hrs 45 min) 3:15 - 4 oz
(3 hrs) 6:15 - 3 oz
(2 hrs) 8:15 - 2 oz

Went to sleep until 7:00 am, drank 3 oz, and now back to sleep. :/ She slept nearly 10 hours... except randomly waking up wanting to suckle ad drifting quickly back to sleep (we co-sleep). Then she's awake majority of the day, taking a 30 min - 1 hour nap every now and then.

Here eating habits are so confusing... I need to figure out some kind of schedule... like a mean or average.. Maybe give her 3 1/2 oz, every 2 hr 45 min or 3 hours?

MommyKC, Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. :/
Each baby is so different it's hard to say what's normal and not. Because what's normal for one might not be normal for another.

Some babies like to sleep, some don't. Alexa doesn't like to sleep at all, she'll nearly drain herself out by the end of the day and sleep for a long period through the night. We can't put her down during the day for a nap. The second she feels like she isn't in your arms she'll start to cry. But I have found she likes to sit in her high chair and watch me cook. Other than that she's in my lap, and constantly wanting to be held up on her feet, where she seems the happiest. :/

The difficulties we have with our babies will pass with time. & before we know it, we will wonder where it has all gone so fast. :/

Hope it gets a little easier for you. I know it must be rough, and you want to spend time with baby. :/

& Thanks to all the ladies with the kind and conforting words about me thinking I may be pregnant again. :)
I know it will be very tough, but in the end when they are older they willluckily/hopefully be very close. :)

bb do you mind if i ask where you got that dinosaur book?
i collect dinosaur themed baby stuff for him haha :dohh:

xxx

Santa got it from Waterstones! :lol:

Kate Tristan is the same, he is awake for a certain length of time then is really grouchy and needs to go back to sleep!

Apparently if your baby goes straight down after a night feed but is still sleeping loads in the day you've just got a sleepy baby. If your baby doesn't go back down straight away they have their night and day mixed up.

:lol: thankyou.

m and frank are both ill with cold today so just snuggling on the sofa :)

Just wanted to share this video with you girls! :cloud9:

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Family%20Pics/Tristan%20Tarot/th_IMGP0852.jpg

awh sweet video. :) franks not interested in toys, he hates his playmat and wont even look at the toy bar over it! :(

BB - very cute video, he's getting so big! :cloud9:

I have a massive headache today, I just feel like crawling into bed. :(

Wow! Your baby i super active! :)

Alexa Doesn't like playing with toys either except talking to her stuffed puppy, and playing with her crinkle book. But no suck thing as swatting at toys. She barely likes laying on her back for more than 3 - 5 minutes... and tummy time is pretty much out of the picture. She hates it. :lol:

Your baby is very cute though! :)

Alora likes her playmat but only for 10-15 minutes TOPS. Sometimes less. She is the same with her bouncer, etc. She doesn't like tummy time for more than a minute or two either. I can't wait until she's 6 months or so, when they actually enjoy playing with all their toys and can be amused for a while! I remember my first daughter, at 6 months... I could put her on the floor with some toys and she would be happy for an hour or more, just playing away! I would read a book, etc. They are quite easy at that age, or at least I found it that way. :shrug:

Right now it's hard to keep them amused for very long.

Yeah, this age is definitely more work in terms of keeping them happy but I love this stage as it's when you can hold and cuddle them lots. I will miss it when Luca is distracted by toys, although it's cute when he does play for a little while. Right now he's all about the hugs.
I bought the happiest baby on the block today as I've read people recommending it and meant to buy it when Lu was born, hoping it has all the magical answers to parenting :lol:

I haven't heard of that, I'm guessing it's a book???

And so true, I love the cuddles at this age. I try to hug my toddler all the time but she gives me a quick hug and then runs off, she's just too busy! :haha: Now I only really get longer cuddles from her if she's sick or super tired.
It's nice getting cuddles while they last, because they certainly don't last long! :nope:

Hahaha yes, sorry it's a book. I'm hoping this one is a cuddly, cuddly child...and a cuddly teenager (do they exist) and a cuddly man. :lol:

Yeh Tristan loves playing with his kick and play toy, he also likes his play gym and will even just lay on his red, black and white matt and shout at himself! :lol:

He is ace! Proper little character!

The kick thing that he is on will only go off if you kick it a certain way, he goes mad and starts shouting at it if it hasn't gone off for a while! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->