****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Love the vid of Tristan hun, so cute!!

The dry skin is called cradle cap. A few of us mentioned how we deal with it a few posts back. With my first I would cover it in olive oil and put a hat on Bella whilst it soaked in and then i'd go over it with a soft baby brush. The skin went everywhere though so i'd recommend doing the brushing and washing it out in the bath. This time with Sophia i've just been putting dentinox cradle cap shampoo on her hair every other day and whilst the shampoos still on i've been going over her hair and the cradle cap in circular motions to take off the dried skin and then rinsing. Its clearing it up really well! I sometimes then dab a bit of olive oil on a cotton wool ball and go over the visible bits that are left on her forehead to give them some moisture so they don't look so dry and angry. Good luck.

xxx

So I started my New Years resolution early, I woke up and excercised. Avery loves his playmat and toys, even loves tummy time! Avery was so fussy last night, I think it was because I ate some chili. I love chili too. Monday he goes in for his shots, I'm so nervous for him. Also I'm thinking about going back to work, but the thought of leaving him depresses me, and the state I live in does not care about breastfeeding mothers.

I'm enjoying the biscuits and junk today and tomorrow because I'm putting us all on a healthy eating and exercise routine come the 2nd :lol:
I started reading 'the happiest little baby on the block' and it's great, wish I'd bought it earlier, worth the money just for the diagram of how to tightly swaddle baby and the tips to help baby settle and sleep. Just what I need for dh when I go back to work :lol:

I'm dreading going back to work!! :( I really wish I didn't have to!
I'm looking into whether we can afford for me to go back only for 2 days instead of the 3 we originally thought.

I knew before we ttc that if we had another I'd be going back. I'm glad dh is getting to share time with Luca though, although of course noone could possibly be as good as me with him :lol:
I hope you can get 2 days if that's what you want. fx'd for you.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ new year ☆ °•.¸
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

Happy New Year's to you all!!
I'm so excited! I just bought 10 crotchet headbands with flower clips for Rosalina! I've wanted them for so long! I hope they ship quickly!! :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :]

Sooo I'm starting to wonder if Alexa is already starting to teeth at 3 months? :S

She's been drooling a ton, She recently has started putting her knuckles in her mouth and rubbing her gums back and fourth really hard on them. If she gets a hold of my knuckle she does it to mine too. & she's always putting her hands on her face and squeezing, as if something is bothering her. :/

is it to early for her to start teething?

Lildreamy - Babies can start showing signs of teething a month or two before any teeth actually pop through. My first daughter started drooling, chewing on everything, etc when she was 3.5 months but didn't actually get teeth until 5.5 months. So it's definitely possible. Has she been extra cranky at all? Low grade fever? Diaper rash? All can be signs of teething. ;)

Happy New Years ladies!!! I cannot believe it's 2011 already!!!

Alora slept last night, 10:30pm-7:30am!!!! :shock: I had to go in her room a few times to give her the soother but that's how long she STAYED in bed! :yipee:

Glad to hear Alora slept through the night MommyKC!! That's great!! :D

I know that Rose is only 2 months old, but for the last week or so I've been wondering if her teeth are starting to bother her. She's started drooling a lot and has also been chewing on her knuckles... She also will sometimes just put the nipple on her bottles to the side of her mouth and chew on it.

mommyKC is alora in her own room?

and Zacoiya is definetly teething - loads and loads of dribble, white spots on his gums and feel bumpy.

hes not really that cranky and when he is a bit of teething gel is doing the trick :)

Yeah Alora is in her own room, she has been from Day 1. I'm not against co-sleeping, I just know for ME I wanted her used to her own bed, in her own room, right away. I had heard from too many mommies how hard it was later on to move their babies to their own room. It was hard in the beginning, going in her room everytime she fussed or needed to eat... it would have been much easier to have her right beside me... but it's paying off now, she sleeps so much better in her own room since it's quieter! :D

And poor teething babies. Some babies get so miserable while teething and others, you wouldn't even know it! :shrug:

Happy New Year ladies, I havent been on for yonks and my new years resolution is to stay in touch on here and diet lol!

So a recap on me, Macy was originally due 1st October, she couldnt wait and came on 30th September weighing 7lb 8oz. She was weighed nearly two weeks ago and was 11lb 12oz, so doing fab. She started sleeping through the night from 7 weeks, she will sleep for 11-12 hours, lazy log. She is formula fed on SMA hungry baby milk but I am having issues with her feeding. Where she sleeps through the night I really cannot fit a 5th bottle in, for instance her pattern would be 8am, 12om, 4pm & 8pm there is no way I can squeeze it in. The last two days she was being sick when we would try and cram one in so I have knocked that one on the head. So now I give her 7oz in the morning and bedtime bottle and 6oz in the day. She wakes up starving, she cant get that bottle down quick enough, she cries even when you are winding her half way through the morning one and this morning cried after the bottle. So Im sitting here thinking come 17 weeks I can see her wanting baby rice aswell at breakfast time, so I will see how it goes. I am aware of early weaning and cosequences as my 9 year old daughter has celiac disease which is an intolerance to gluten so I am well aware of all the guidelines ets so I hope no-one judges me if I have no choice but to wean Macy at 4 months obviously gluten free until a year for her.

Concerning teething, well fingers, knuckles everything goes in her mouth, she is dribbling and I have noticed a little nappy rash so caking the sudocream on and seeing how she goes.

Macy is showing an interest in toys now although not making any effort to roll over etc, she hates tummy time so dont really know what to do to encourage it. If I put her on her tummy she prob would be sick, but when I have done it she willl lift her head clear off the floor. Do I get her a tummy time rolling toy??? She tries to sit up in her chair or on your lap so now she has a bumbo and loves it.

Anyway enough of my rambling. I will catch up soon. xxxxx

Happy new year everyone!!! :flow:

Cannot believe where 2010 has gone! Seems like only yesterday I got my bfp!:shock:

So...... nice to see how everyone is doing, and that lots of bubba's are doing really well! A little 'me' update.......
Maddison has been laughing/communicating for quite a while now, I'm just really looking forward to her doing some chuckles/belly laughs :D She is sleeping from 8:30pm til 8:30am (but will have to wake her at 7:30am next week for the school run!). She feeds 8:30, 12:30, 4:30 & 8:30 (pretty much on the dot!) and she takes 6-7oz of SMA High Energy.
She absolutely hates tummy time and hasn't really shown an interest in rolling over just yet, but she LOVES sitting in her bumbo and sitting on the end of my knees (with support), although this can make her a little breathless due to her condition :(
Last weigh in was 2 weeks ago(ish) and she was 12lb 11oz, so IMO she's doing really well. She is also a real water baby and will spend ages in the bath kicking, spashing and/or playing with her sisters.

As for teething etc, she's chewing teats, hands, and anything else that she can put in her mouth and she's also a bit dribbly, but all my DD's went through this and it was another couple of months before any toothy-pegs appeared so I'm not convinced she's teething, more investigating using her mouth :haha:

She still sleeps in our room, BUT as soon as the bunk beds arrive for my other DD's, she will be in their room (not in the bunk beds yet though :rofl:)
She'll still have the apneoa monitor from the hospital though so I'll be able to keep an ear out for what's going on!

Sorry for the ramble, really hope 2011 brings you all health and happiness, will catch up with everyone soon! :thumbup:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• DSC06191.jpg
    DSC06191.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC06018.jpg
    DSC06018.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06178.jpg
    DSC06178.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
So glad to hear your babies are all doing so well!
going_crazy, I pray your little one continues doing so well and gets healthier and healthier! Thanks for sharing the pics, she is so adorable!
I'm breastfeeding and formula feeding but not doing it in any kind of schedule. I just feed her when she's hungry and stop when she doesn't want any more. I hope that isn't the wrong thing to do! Everyone else seems to have feeding on a schedule!

Im glad to hear your babies are doing well ladies!
Going_Crazy, your daughter is adorable! :cloud9:

Jules - I feed on a schedule although it changes day to day. Some nights Alora sleeps all night, and some nights she wakes up once for a bottle. But generally, I feed her anywhere from 4-5 bottles a day, and she drinks 4-6 oz per bottle. Although some feeds she will only take 2-3oz and be done. :shrug: I just let her be the guide.
You don't NEED a schedule, it just depends what works for you guys. For me, I have to have some sort of schedule otherwise it gets too hectic around here with a toddler.
I do find it works better giving Alora 4 bottles a day though, since she drinks MORE at each feed that way. But then I find at night, she WILL wake up. So I don't know what's better... feed her more often, smaller amounts during the day... or less often but more at each feed. I'm still trying to figure out what works best, and what will get her sleeping all night on a consistant basis. :wacko:

Hey EllaandCallum nice to see Macy is doing so great. Regarding not being able to fit an extra bottle in, if you think she needs it would she take an extra oz of milk at each feed or a maybe try a dream feed? The milk is much higher in calorific, fat and protein value than rice starch so baby rice really has no benefit foir hungry babies over extra milk BUT if you want to wean at 4months you may be interested to know that the rules for weaning LOs are changing for ff babies and the recommendations will be any time over 4 months if your baby is showing readiness for food, so I don't think you'll be judged if that's what you choose. I'd say always up milk intake first as that is the baby food with the most complete nutritional value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->