****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Hey ladies I love the pics of the babies, has any of your LO's had a specific thing it loves like a blanket or pacifier, Avery has taken claim to his green blanket, he loves it, he cuddles it and it seems to instantly soothe him, it's soo cute.

Excuse me while I rant for a moment. So last night I was doing laundry at OH's grandmothers and she had him and was talking to him and she called herself his MOMMY!!!! What the hell, OH heard it asked if I heard it did nothing about it, I was fuming, Then OH said wow he's been cooing a lot tonight and she said no he's been talking to me, and only me, cause be prefers talking to me. Seriously, why would someone say that crap in front of their parents. Ugh, I can't say anything either cause one she's been helping us out and two cause OH thinks I'm overstepping my boundaries. Ok rant over, I feel better now.

^ Wow that is really odd. :wacko: It seems like you're kind of stuck in an awkward situation but I have no idea where someone would think it's okay to say something like that. :nope: Weird.

Try not to let it bother you hun. :hugs:

CaseyCakes - honestly, I find that really creepy.. it's odd.. I don't know why she would say that. I would be really wierded out if it happened to me. Not sure how you could deal with it, but are you able to discuss it with your OH?

wow hats off to you mommyKC!!!

i dont want zacoiya to ever g in his nursery hehe though he seems to be taking up alot of room in his crib cant see it lasting till 6 months which is the min time im happy for him to start going in nursery - i know im making things harder for myself but i just cant do it i just such a worry bum lol

anyways his cotbed not going to fit in our bedroom so if he grows out of his crib before i happy for him to go in nursery we going to have to put some of our front room furniture in the garage and bring in his cotbed and our mattress for us to sleep on because if i cant sleep in our bed OH cant either! lol

Hey EllaandCallum nice to see Macy is doing so great. Regarding not being able to fit an extra bottle in, if you think she needs it would she take an extra oz of milk at each feed or a maybe try a dream feed? The milk is much higher in calorific, fat and protein value than rice starch so baby rice really has no benefit foir hungry babies over extra milk BUT if you want to wean at 4months you may be interested to know that the rules for weaning LOs are changing for ff babies and the recommendations will be any time over 4 months if your baby is showing readiness for food, so I don't think you'll be judged if that's what you choose. I'd say always up milk intake first as that is the baby food with the most complete nutritional value.

Hi hun, I have just literally upped her bottles so gonna give her chance to settle with what I am giving her otherwise she will just sick it up which happened a few weeks ago when I tried but now she takes the 7 and 6 oz bottles fine. I wont dreamfeed, she is obviously content if she sleeps through. Ive never done that with any of my children nor have any of my friends, it seems strange to feed a baby if they are asleep, if the baby was hungary they would wake, but each to their own. Her bottles will be upped again when I wean her as her milk will be mixed in with the food so she will still have a full bottle and her rice. I have gluten free rusks and gluten free baby cereals anyway that will be introduced a few weeks after.

So once again guidelines are changing, will they ever make their minds up!!!! Since my niece was born 13 years ago, the weaning age has changed from 3 months, 4 months, now 6 months and what back down to 4 again for formula fed babies. It does make you doubt their reasons sometimes. I think your baby will let you know when he or she is ready.

I fully understand about digestive problems due to my daughter but to be honest, celiac/coeliac disease is heriditory so whether you delay weaning or not, really it wont make a blind bit of difference, may delay it for a little while but your child still will have it. Gluten should never be given to any baby under 6 months and that is one guideline I wish some people would follow as it is hard for a baby to digest it.

Once again enough rambling take care and thanks for taking the time to comment.xxx

Well we've both managed to raise older children without breaking them despite the changes, so we should manage with these ones :lol:

Well we've both managed to raise older children without breaking them despite the changes, so we should manage with these ones :lol:

Exactly, apprently you can have a little drinkie poos now when you are pregnant, wasnt it zero booze when we were preggers only how many months ago lol!!!!

Bloody government rules, I do not have alot of faith in them to be honest lol. Its mostly common sense anyway. xxx

TBH its more about remembering what to do, its been 7 years since Callum lol!!! I cant believe how much I have forgotten lol!! xx

I agree, the guidelines seem to change everyday. :dohh: And I live in Canada, and it's all the same. :roll:

I started weaning my first daughter at 4 months (and she's only 2 yrs old now) but I did it because she seemed ready... and she ate it right up! And she's very healthy!

My doctor actually recommended that I start her at 3 MONTHS! But I felt that was too early. I plan to start Alora on baby cereal at 4 months again. It all depends on the baby in my opinion, if they show signs of being ready (hold head up, drinking LOTS of formula/breastmilk, can eat from a spoon, etc).

I've always done what I felt was best for my girls and I haven't had any regrets. :nope:

Wriggley - Trust me, I don't blame you for wanting your baby in your room. ;) Just for me, I sleep much better if my kids are in their own room...otherwise I lay there, awake, listening to every noise they make! :wacko: And both girls seem to sleep better in their own rooms too. Even during the odd times I have let Alora sleep on me, or with me... she doesn't sleep anywhere near as long as she does in her own room. :)

Just popping by to wish all you lovely ladies a very happy New Year. We've been away with family for it in Bristol and then Wales and only got back this eve so not caught up properly yet. Hope you all had a good one.

xxx

Wow I have felt horrible today, I'm pretty sure it's cause of my birth control. I'm on day 10 of my period and doesnt seem to be stopping, and I've had a migraine all day, been in the dark curled up on my couch. Cuddling my boy seems to help now.

Avery sleeps in his bassinett right next to me, I pull him into my bed whenever he needs to eat. I feed him whenever he wants, have no schedule what so ever, everything works nicely for us.

Hope you feel better soon CaseyCakes!

God yeah, it's been almost 9 years here. I was working with a HV until i went on mat leave who asked me how old dd2 was and when I said 8 she did the sharp intake of breath thing and then said ' Ooooh, everything's changed since then!!!' I was just hoping things still went in and out of the same place...thankfully they do.

Lo just turned 12 weeks so my babymoon is officially over. I wanted to give myself that time to relax and get to know him without letting life get in the way and it has been lovely but today I'm getting organised.
While LO has his morning nap I need to do some studying, get a shower, book a nightshift for Wednesday (doing one a week to balance the accounts after christmas and get me back in the swing for starting placement on the 24th), pump some milk, make some healthy food after all the rubbish I've been eating and keep the place tidy and go buy some school tights for the girls. When dh comes home I'm going to fit some exercise in hopefully.

Happy New Year Girls!! :D

We where in bed by 10 New Years Eve, Tristan woke up at 11.57 so must have wanted to see the new year in with Mummy!! :cloud9:

He's got such a little personality now, he's ace! :mrgreen: He shouts at his toys, he giggles, he smiles all the time!

I spoke to my HV about dribbling, rosey cheeks, fists in mouth etc, she says babies all go through that stage so who knows?

Attachments

• IMGP0876.jpg
    IMGP0876.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP0877.jpg
    IMGP0877.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP0879.jpg
    IMGP0879.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP0881.jpg
    IMGP0881.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 9
hi brunettebimbo - where did u get the kick and play toy? had a look online but they only come up with basic ones - that one looks great and would be perfect for my very kicky little boy!

PS could u add me to the front page - he was due 24th oct but didn't arrive until he was forced to on 7th nov! looks like he was the last to arrive of the remaining bumpkins!

Haven't been on here as much since he was born, but I have a browse of whats going on with my weekly updates of subscribed threads. nice to hear how everyones doing :) Noah's doing well, not really sticking to a set routine as his night feed seems to vary a lot which off sets the daytime ones all the time! but he's sleeping a bit longer at night and tends to just need 1 feed varying from 3-5am but he does like to cry randomly in his sleep so we don't always get as much sleep either side of his actual waking!!

He's also getting very big - in 3-6 month babygrows now, but might be cos the tumble dryer shrinks them!

Anyway, hope you don't mind me popping back in :)

Aw feel better soon caseycakes.
Lovely pics BB :)
Nice to hear Noah is doing well crazyrae.
I can't believe Luca is almost 3months old!!! I had a crazy night, last night..seems it was time for a growth spurt so I was feeding all last night and all day today. Changed the biggest pooey nappy he's had yet :lol: and that's him JUST had a wee sleep after all that feeding and he's on the boob again, the wee fat pie. :lol:

Girlies, a question about periods. Firstly I formula feed, now I had my first period on 17 November and have had the depo so not preggers, I am yet to have another, anyone elses all over the place? x

Have you been on depo before? It can play silly beggars with your periods and make them erratic , heavier, lighter or non existant. hth xx Depo and implanon both stopped mine.

I've never been on the depo shot but I've heard it can eliminate your period all together?

Mine has been almost like clockwork... :shock: But I've always been very regular and it went back to normal after my first daughter too (also bottle feeding). My post-partum bleeding stopped around 4 weeks, then I had my period a week later... and now I have my period again (baby will be 9 weeks on Friday).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->