****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Not sure why he would scream at the breast at night, but I find that when it's late and Rose is overtired she gets super fussy and doesn't seem to want to eat and cries, but if I take her away she gets even angrier! Maybe he's sleepy and doesn't know what he wants?

Jules - I agree with BB, some women have a hard time pumping. When I was BFing, I was lucky... I could pump 2oz in only a few minutes! :blush: But many, many women I talk to can never get much from pumping. :shrug: It's a different suction than how your baby sucks so it can take a while to "train" your breasts to get more out from a pump.

Buttonnose - maybe I'm naive but there's a 4 month sleep regression??? :wacko: Eeek! I hope Alora doesn't do that, I like her going all night too!!! I don't remember my first daughter ever doing that but all babies are different!

yeah you can get 4 month & 8 month sleep regressions, i am hoping he is out of it soon :(

Tristan has his 2nd lot of jabs on Wednesday, Daddy is coming this time, I hated the 8 week ones :cry:

Poor mite is bunged up again and has conjunctivitus! :( Just seems to be one thing after the other with him!

He slept his best ever Saturday night!! :mrgreen: 9.30pm - 3.30am then up at 7.30!! :D He's gone back to going to bed at about 8.30pm waking at 1.30 then again at 5.30 then up at 8! So we are improving! :) I'm just finding that the bedtime feed is becoming stressful, as soon as I put him near my breast he screams! If hubby takes him away from me he shuts up straight away and then screams as soon as he is put near my breast!! Any ideas why this may be?

Hope his jabs go ok. Sophia's supposed to have hers on Weds but as she's still a bit bunged up from this cold she's had i'm gonna see how she is tomorrow and if she's not 100% I may cancel. Don't they usually ask you whether they're in good health beforehand? Am wondering whether if he's got conjunctivitus they may prefer to delay his jabs for a few days?

Yay for getting more sleep!

Re the screaming, does Tristan do this at the start of a feed or is it generally 1/2 way through/towards the end? Bella (my eldest) did this a lot. She did suffer with reflux and colic as you know, we put it down to the reflux and the fact that too much milk can make them feel really uncomfortable and its tempting for them to suck for comfort but they always end up getting more milk. Sophia didn't do the same when I was breastfeeding but I notice with her, as another suggestion, that sometimes she polishes off 2/3 of her bottle and then when i'm keen to fill her up with the rest she cries when she doesn't want it and gets herself in a bit of a state like she's trying to tell me something. That's when I grab the soother and she settles right down straightaway. I think she wants and needs to suck on something but doesn't want anymore milk so gets stressed at the sight of a teat (in your case a boob lol!)? Are you using a dummy?

xxxxxxxxx

ARGH no dont say that lol i hope lewis doesnt get this 4 month regression hes only just started settling properly in his cot

Has anyone heard of a woombie swaddle blanket i have ordered one off ebay £35 i have got a miracle blanket from mothercare but hes gettibn so big and strong now his arms are escaping at night time lol this one has a zip and is meant to be really good just wondered if anyone knows what they are like ?

No BB it's at the beginning of the feed so I've no idea?
If it's mid feed it's usually wind!

Jules how much you pump isn't indicative of your supply :thumbup:

Good luck with Tristan's jabs BB. Sophia's are supposed to be this arvo but i've been trying to call and ask about her cold but its always engaged so may just take her. She doesn't seem too bad today. I'll see how she is a bit later, appointment's not til 4.45pm so we still have time.

xxx

Thanks, I decided to take her in the end as she seemed fine. Jabs went ok but according to the receptionist 'she screamed like they were her first' :growlmad: She did scream but I comforted her as quickly as I could and thought she did really well! I didn't give her the preventative calpol I did with her first lot and she's been fine again and went off at her usual bedtime of 8pm, so we'll see how she does in the night!

xxx

Beaniebaby - What does the receptionist exactly mean by that? "Screamed as it it was her first"??? Even if she did scream super loud, SO WHAT! She's a baby!!! Like seriously, what is with people??? :dohh: And your babies are getting their second set of shots at 2 months??? Over here, they get two needles at 2 months... again at 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, 18 months.

Anyway, I took Alora for her shots today as well. She did fine. She cried for about a mintue and then it was as if it never happened. She's been a little crankier and sleepier today, but otherwise fine. Hopefully tonight goes okay too! The shots never seemed to affect my first daughter too much, so hopefully the same will be for Alora. I know some babies get fevers and really miserable, so fingers crossed for all of us!
xx

I know, I mean why say it! She made me feel like she was abnormal or that I wasn't capable of comforting her quick enough to get her to stop crying! Like Alora though i'd say she was fine after about a min so nothing majoy! Bella didn't cry at all at her 2nd set of jabs though and just smiled! I remember the nurse being shocked after the 1st needle went in and she didn't cry and then saying she'd be really surprised if she didn't cry with the 2nd needle and low and behold just smiles! That's pretty rare!

Glad Alora was ok after hers. Luckily Sophia doesn't seem to be affected either, other than she slept in quite long today. She did 8am-1.30am, 1.50-5.30 and 5.50-9. Was a bit gutted she woke for 2 feeds as the night before last she went back to what she was doing before she got her cold and did 8-4 and 4.30-8.30!! Hope to get a few more nights like that soon. She did 4 nights in a row like that before xmas, then her cold hit and it was back to 2 feeds/wake up calls!

How did Tristan get on with his BB?

xxx

He did really well, cried more having his coat put on!! Wonder if it's because Daddy was holiding him this time?

It got to about 5.30pm and he was hysterical, nothing I did soothed him so I gave him some Calpol and he seemed to settle. He had a bath with me and even had his supper in the bath! :lol:

The night was awful! He went down at about 8.30 woke at 11.45, 1.30, 2.30, 4.30 and up at 8!! I'm knackered!!! Hopefully we will go back to normal tonight, I hope so as I have a driving lesson tomorrow and I am driving into the city centre to the biggest roundabout EVER!. I find driving tiring enough!

Rose has her needles tommorow and I hope she doesn't mind it too much! I hope she feels okay for Saturday night. My mom is having relatives over for a "after the baby is born" shower so they can meet her and give her presents, hehe! I also hope her headbands I bought her arrive tommorow so she can wear one with her dress! I do have a little bow headband though that's cute too just in case! I just can't get over how big she's getting already. She's just so long and tall! She can actually wear 12 month size sleepers now and they are just a little bit long in the legs. She wears 9 month sleepers and they fit her perfectly. She can't even fit into some of her 6 month size clothing! It's crazy! But crazy in a good way, hehe!

Wow thats brill :) Big Girl!

Tristan is still in some newborn clothes and wearing 0-3 month. He's a shorty like his Mummy and Daddy! :lol:

Ah sorry to hear T's been unsettled. Really hope you both get a better night's sleep tonight in time for your driving lesson. :hugs: Sophia's been a bit out of sorts today but think in hindsight she just needed a big poo lol! She went earlier and has been chilled ever since. Still armed with the calpol should I need it but think she's ok.

Good luck with Rose's jabs tomorrow Juless.

xxx

BB - Sorry to hear your night wasn't great. :( I hope Tristan is better today. :)

Jules - Wow what a big girl! Nothing wrong with that though! :) She's healthy! Good luck tomorrow with her shots.

Beaniebaby - Yeah some people are just insensitive and don't really get it. Hopefully Sophia drops that second feed for you! ;) And maybe even ALL her nighttime feeds soon! :)

Alora was a little cranky last night, she woke up several times and seemed grumpier than usual... but she didn't eat or anything (she's been going 10 hours at night for the last week and a half, without eating! :smug:)... but I think she just may have been a little sore. She seems perfectly fine today though.

Tristan went back to normal last night, went to bed at 9, woke at 2 and 5.30 and up at 8.45!

He's being a right wriggle but during feeds now! :lol: He kicks me, smacks me, nips me, smiles, shouts, I mean come on your attached!! Ouch :shock:

I have a driving lesson today. I've only left him once and that was last weekend for 2 hours with Daddy but he's at work today so my best friend who has my goddaughter and it Tristan's Godmummy is having him at my house. I trust her obviously but I'm still dead nervous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->