****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Glad Sophia is sleeping well for you! And YAY for chubby babies. Alora is quite chubby too and I love it. :cloud9:

So I caught this nasty stomach bug that's been going around.. I was up all night Friday in the bathroom. :sick: I feel better today, but still not 100%. I have been sanitizing everything as I'm terrified of the girls getting it... Gah... I hope they don't! :( Alora is just too little.

I'm panicking too KC... I'm down visiting my family and my sister got a stomach bug. Praying Autumn doesn't get it!

My kids had an awful bug and MAcy caught it at 2 weeks old, it was horrible, she couldnt keep nothing down. I took her to the docs and was told to feed little and often and if she kept it down for 40mins then she was getting all the goodness and fluid etc. She was sick so many times but only lasted violently for 24 hours, it took her a good week to get completely better. She would bring up the odd feed for a few days after. I was able to give her some calpol prescribed too. I was soo worried her being that young. Babies are tough as old boots. I then caught it, no matter now much you sanitise its in the air, if the baby gets it then she will. Macy didnt loose any weight either.

Ellaandcallum - Thanks. At least I know that if Macy was okay at only 2 weeks old, that Alora would be okay too. I am just paranoid that she would get dehydrated, and end up in the hospital or something... and I was wondering how she could possibly keep her formula down since it's a milk-based product and milk is a BIG no-no when you have an upset stomach. :shrug:
Was Macy miserable too? Like did she sleep okay or was she overall really grumpy?

So far the girls still seem okay, and it's been almost 48 hours since my first symptoms starts (they say incubation takes 4 hrs - 2 days, but the virus can last on surfaces for weeks :wacko:)... then I hope they will be okay since I have cleaned everything. Fingers crossed anyway. :(

Ellaandcallum - Thanks. At least I know that if Macy was okay at only 2 weeks old, that Alora would be okay too. I am just paranoid that she would get dehydrated, and end up in the hospital or something... and I was wondering how she could possibly keep her formula down since it's a milk-based product and milk is a BIG no-no when you have an upset stomach. :shrug:
Was Macy miserable too? Like did she sleep okay or was she overall really grumpy?

So far the girls still seem okay, and it's been almost 48 hours since my first symptoms starts (they say incubation takes 4 hrs - 2 days, but the virus can last on surfaces for weeks :wacko:)... then I hope they will be okay since I have cleaned everything. Fingers crossed anyway. :(

Well the incubation period was about 5 days, my son fell ill on the Sunday, Macy got it on the Friday, me and Ella Saturday, hubby Tuesday, he wasnt sick, typical, lol! Macy was OK she slept loads. I first thought something was up when she didnt wake until 4am for a feed and then bought it up. So I woke hubby and he said when he fed her at 10pm that night she bought her feed up too, so I tried again and she just kept chucking, so in the end worried about dehyrdration I took her to the docs in the am, then they wanted to see her in the evening to check her, she threw up twice on the docs lap lol! She was fine, Macys tummy was unsettled as it is milk they can only have, doc said dont even given her water it would make her sick even more. Good luck hun, dont worry your LO will be fine. I lost loads of weight lol and the put it back on again grrr!! Oh well. hope you will all be fine. xxx

I took cleaned everything, I dont think you can really avoid it! x

O no hope they don't ctach it! :( You feeling better?

We had a brilliant night with Tristan last night :D He slept from 9pm until 4.10am and the got up at 8am :mrgreen:

I think he would have slept longer than 4.10 if his Daddy hadn't been so noisy getting up for work because Tristan wasn't overly bothered about his feed at 4.10!

Sorry to hear you've been ill Kate, really hope the girls don't catch it, f'xd! :hugs:

xxx

BB - Glad Tristan slept well!!! Isn't it nice when they do? Alora's been going 9pm-7:30am the last two weeks, only waking a few times for her soother. :D It's awesome getting decent sleep!

And thanks ladies, I am feeling better... and the girls are still okay! I am still cleaning everything as I'm so paranoid, my hands are raw from washing them so much... but hopefully they stay healthy!

Glad you're feeling better MommyKC!
After 2 weeks of Rose going to bed between 1-3am, tonight she fell asleep at 8pm! I hope this means she's back on schedule! I keep thinking she's going to wake up any minute now though!

Glad your feeling better :)

The other night must have been a fluke!! Last night wasn't bad though, he's going longer between feeds. He went 8.30-1.50 then 2.10-6.50 then back to sleep :)

I can't believe he is 3 months old today!! :shock:

Glad Rose is sleeping better Juless and you're feeling better Kate. That was lucky re the girls.

Happy 3 months Tristan. Same to Sophia as she was also 18 Oct. Can't believe they're 3 months already, wish it would slow down a bit, wanna savour every last moment with her being my last. :cloud9:
xxx

Little Man is 16 weeks! where on earth has the time gone!!!

1 year ago tomorrow we got our :bfp: :cloud9:

Happy 3 months babies! :cloud9:

I can't believe Alora will be 3 months in a couple weeks. :shock: Time definitely goes fast!

I know it has gone far too fast!! :(

Have any of you girls got journals? I love to nosey! :lol:

KittyVentura has made a brilliant thread for people who are trying to lose weight - https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/512092-baby-club-weight-loss-group.html

Had Tristan weighed yesterday, he is now 13lb 5oz! :D

I have, link's in my sig. Be warned there's a lot of moaning about my OH in there this wk! :blush:

xxx

Hiya, once again sorry not been on here since Christmas:( I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and new year and got loads of pressies for your LO's. Leo's had his 2nd lot of injections today so we're slowing down and chilling out (he's currently snoring on my tummy!) we've finally managed to put our house on the market so any one want a 3 bed house???? Lol! How's everyone doing?

I do but unfortunately we don't have a deposit to be able to get a mortgage! :(

We are doing good thanks, well apart from the colds we have both woken up with AGAIN!!

Oh no :( sounds horrible. We've been really lucky and haven't been I'll at all but I'm dreading Leo getting ill :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->