****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

So glad Tristan went back to normal sleep wise last night, BB. Sophia did too and surprised us with another good sleep. She only fed once at 4.20am. She went off at 7.30pm and woke at 7.40am! She was absolutely beside herself hungry though so it was rather stressful when she did wake!

Ouch I feel for you. I hated that stage in some ways with my first but in other ways i'd love it when I was feeding Bella and she'd suddenly pull away and give me giggle and a huge cheshire cat grin! The litte madam then got her first teeth at 4mths 1wk and started biting me! I won't miss that that's for sure. Think Sophia could be early with her teeth too as she's chomping down on her fists big time!

Good luck with your driving lesson today. I'm sure your friend and T will get on like a house on fire! Its hard but v. good experience to leave them. I was a nightmare with my first, don't think I left her, other than for a quick hair appointment with my OH until she was 6 mths! Am enjoying a bit more freedom this time around.

xxx

He loves his "Auntie" Kim, if he's on one she will take him off me and he settles straight away! :lol:

Hi hope everyone and thier baby's are well
so busydont get on much now

Chloe learnt to roll from her front to her ack this mrning :D im so proid of her. Also got her weighed at 3months exactly and she weighed 13ls 5oz still on exclusive breast milk

Thats good Philippa :)

Well Tristan had 4oz bottle whilst I was on my driving lesson AND wanted more!! I had to top him up when I got in and I had fed him before I went. Is this alot?

Anyone else having trouble figuring out what to wear on their baby to make sure they are too hot or too cold? It's snowy and cold here and Rose is too big for her old carseat (the one you can carry in and out of the house) and is now in a covertible rear facing seat that stays in the car. This means I need to carry her in and out of the car without being bundled in her seat. You're not supposed to put them in the carseat with coats or snowsuits on so should I just dress her warm in several layers of clothes and a small jacket/hoodie and wrap her in a blanket to carry her outside? Or should I put her in her jacket, take it off in the car, put it back on again when we get where we're going? I find it really stressful because she absolutely HATES getting dressed for outside and shrieks when I put her in a coat. Then she shrieks again when I put her in her carseat (though she usually stops once the car starts moving). Guh, it's hard to figure out how to dress her! I can't wait until summer!

If she gets so upset I would just do what you say and wrap her in a blanket.

We personally do put Tristan in a coat but just fasten his straps that little bit tighter. Our car is sometimes ice cold and the heating is ridiculous and doesn't always work!! :growlmad:

I've had her in her coat in the carseat too, but I find it really difficult to tighten the straps with how it's installed so tightly into the car. I think I'll do the blanket thing. She always has a warm hat and mittens on too, so she should be fine. Her coat will be good in a month or so when she's a bit bigger and it fits it better too maybe - that might be why she hates it!

Tristan screams if you put a vest, top or coat on! I guess it's anything you have to put over his head or put his arms in! He's fine with pants, socks etc! :lol:

Hopefully they'll grow out of all this fussing over dressing them, eh?

Alora is the same way, she hates getting dressed! :dohh:
She loves her bath, and loves just laying around, but once I start putting shirts over her head or pulling her arms through sleeves, LOOK OUT!!! :shock:

We carry Anna in bundled in her cocoon to the car seat.

https://philandteds.com/products/sleep/cocoon#_colours

Its -21 here and she stays warm and its easy to get her out.

I still use the infant carrier for Alora most of the time, but when Kyree got too big for it I just used a one-piece snowsuit and then eventually a winter coat with snow pants, it worked fine for us. :shrug: But you could definitely use a warm blanket just when bringing her out to the car. Whenever I use the sleepywrap with Alora, that keeps her nice and warm (on me) until I can get her in and out of the carseat whenever I go out with both kids (it's easier than lugging the infant carrier around along with my toddler :wacko:). :)

We decided to put Anna in the big girl car seat as her infant one made us feel like she wasnt safe. A friend gave it to us and when installed in was very lose.

Yeah I don't blame you then. They are supposed to be very tight and barely move when installed. Mine feels nice and tight when it's in the car.

Just found a Moby wrap at a used baby store! Appears to be brand new too!

Wow that's awesome Jules. Definitely will come in handy. :thumbup:
I love my sleepywrap when we go out anywhere! :D

Chloe screams when ever we getyting her dressed especially if its her coat.

if we going on quick jorney in car efore being out side a lot we put her in car seat. if its long car jorney we use lankets

Sophia actually likes getting dressed in her snowsuit or coat, its getting her into the carseat to go out she hates, well 90% of the time anyway. She's then fine and goes off to sleep straightaway so I don't really mind, whereas my eldest hated going in and being in for the whole journey and used to scream for the duration or it, however long or short it was! I must admit i'm a bit naughty too and put her in the carseat with her coat or snowsuit on if its a short journey, but if we're going long haul I will strip her down and put a blanket over her etc.

Really pleased as we've had two nights in a row of good sleep, she seems to be going off around 7.30pm and waking for a feed at 4 ish and then sleeping through til 7.30/8pm. :happydance: She did start doing this before xmas but then went back to two feeds as she was suffering from a cold. She seems fine now.

She's really filling out big time now. I love it as she looks v. cute and is a lot more cuddly lol but I was hoping to save loads of money on clothes as she was born 18 Oct and Bella was 1 Nov so the seasons are the same. However, i'm realising now as she's much bigger it may not work out that well as Bella was a skinny little thing so was always a size behind. Sophia is almost 3 months and is starting to grow out of her 0-3 now, so she'll probs be bang on with sizes and needing 3-6 mths v. soon, whereas Bella wasn't wearing 3-6 mths until the spring, so a lot of her stuff is summer stuff. :dohh: Oh well, guess it means I now have an excuse to buy some bits, rather than my OH telling me to save money and just utilise the hand me downs!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->