****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

BB - You poor things! I hope you both feel better soon. :hugs:

And no I don't have a journal, never bothered. :blush: I keep everything in an actual book here instead. :shrug:

Not much new here, Alora only woke ONCE last night for her soother! She went 9pm-7:15am! :D Waking at 2:30am just for the soother and that's IT! Ahh, it was heaven.

Glad alora slept so well last night Kate. Its lovely when they do that. Hope she makes a habbit of it for you.
Chloe seems to be in a good bed time routine, Gets bathed at about 7 and then gets ready for bed then she feeds in our room with just the hall light on falls alseep feeding aout 7.30 and sleeps through until 5.30 wakes up for a feed then sleeps until 7.30 which is when she wants to get up and play.

Ive been making the most of the asda baby event over here, its good but its also a really dangerous place for me to go as i always spend too much money there :haha:

Hello ladies, ooh Avery is 3 months today, which also means 3 months of breastfeeding, WOO! So ya not sure if ir's a growth spurt or what but Avery has been soo fussy, he's wearing me out.
But on a brighter note my OH finally found a job, no more living off family!! Also very excited I'm moving closer to my family, my closest family lives 9hrs away, not moving till summer but still excited. My parents have only seen Avery once and none of my brothers and sisters have seen him, which is sad since I'm real close with my oldest sister.

I'm now trying to find a job, as much I want to go back to doing hair I want to work at a daycare, that way I can get cheap daycare and always be near him, great idea huh?!

CaseyCakes - working at a daycare sounds like a great idea! I'm currently taking an online Day Care Management course because I plan on taking some children in eventually when we buy a house. My mom did it when we were growing up and my cousin does it now and makes really good money. I'd like to bring in some extra income from home plus I think it'd be fun!

Sounds good!!

Chloe is a good sleeper and sounds like Alora is getting there too :)

Tristan is improving, he only woke once! :D He went to bed at 8.45, woke at 3 for a feed then we got up at 7.10! :D

Cooper is 3mths and hasn't laughed yet!! Anyone else?

My guys don't laugh until they are about 3 1/2 months. Don't worry yourself about it hun :hugs: All babies are different in their developmental milestones. (Case in point: both of my kids rolled over back to front before they could roll over front to back)

Wow, your babies are all so good. Leo's doing 4 hrs at a time at the moment. I'm hoping he gets back to 5 at a time soon as I'm so sleep deprived! Leo's giggled once or twice but it's not a regular thing yet. He's been a bit poorly and clingy since his jabs yesterday I hope he gets over them soon.

Yeh I think Tristan has giggled twice and that's it!
He also isn't rolling yet? :shrug:

No leo isn't rolling over but I thought they don't start until later?

Nothing makes my boobs hurt anymore, I think theyve turned to steel. :rofl:

What age are you all planning to start introducing the rice cereals and such to your baby's diets? The public health nurse told me 6 months, some info I'm reading says 3, I have a friend who started at 3 months... It's confusing!

Cooper is 3mths and hasn't laughed yet!! Anyone else?

Tristan's not laughed yet, he goes huh huh as if he's going to laugh but no giggling yet!

Sophia does this too, its getting more and more pronounced and she did a short belly laugh earlier this eve so reckon it won't be long before she's doing it all the time. So cute, they have so much character at the mo!

Re rolling over my eldest, Bella rolled at 4 mths and was the first in her NCT group to do it, however one of the girls on here (not part of this thread) has a 12 wk old who rolled for the first time today, there's a vid in her journal so they can do it as early as this, mental! Don't think i'm giving Sophia as much tummy time as I should be as worry if I turn my back Bella will be jumping all over her lol, so reckon she'll be late on this front.

Re weaning i'd consider stating as early as 5 mths but no earlier. I aimed for 6 with Bella but the HV said she was showing signs of needing to be weaned earlier (started waking up more in the night, draining her bottles and dribbling tonnes), so she got me to start at 5.5 mths.

xxx

xxx

I'm going to start baby led weaning at 6 months. :thumbup:

Anna is giggling but you have to really push for it. She is also rolling over tummy to back, she hates tummy time and now has a way out of it.
As for solids we are starting at 5 months or so. Anna has excellent head control and has really good tongue control now too so I might start at 4 months but with a 90:10 ratio of breast to cereal. Guidelines in my opinion are crap.

We're going to start baby led weaning whenever he's ready. I think it'll be before 6 months as he's really good with his head control. So how do you encourage them to roll over? Is it by putting them on their tummy? Can't wait to see Leo roll over!!!!

I originally said I wouldn't wean until 6 months but I don't think he will make it that far! I won't go any earlier than 4 months but would prefer around 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->