****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Autumn could be ready for BLW before 6 months, if shes sitting on my knee when I get my food put down she fires out her soother and stares at it. lol

Autumn could be ready for BLW before 6 months, if shes sitting on my knee when I get my food put down she fires out her soother and stares at it. lol

:rofl:, bless her! Yeah Sophia always follows us with her eyes whenever there's food in our hand!

xxx

We're going to start baby led weaning whenever he's ready. I think it'll be before 6 months as he's really good with his head control. So how do you encourage them to roll over? Is it by putting them on their tummy? Can't wait to see Leo roll over!!!!

For Anna she hates tummy time so much she wiggles the whole time. One day she just rolled and seems to remember that when she rolled she wasnt on her tummy any more. We give her about an 1hr of tummy time a day. Usually broken up in to 5 -10 mins.

Alora hasn't giggled yet either, but she's younger than most of the babies in there I think! :haha: And no signs of rolling over yet either... but I remember my first daughter didn't start rolling until around 4 months... :shrug: They are all different.

I will probably start Alora on solids around 4 months (the current recommendation here in Ontario), but I will also let her be the guide. I started my first daughter at 4 months and she was fine. Alora is already drinking quite a bit of formula and they say once they are drinking 32oz or more per day, they probably need solids shortly after. And obviously if they have good neck control, etc. I will play it by ear. :shrug:

Not sure what happened last night, but S went down at 8pm and didn't wake up until 8.30!!! I did have to put the dummy in around 3 times through the night but she went straight back off! Not gonna say the magical "She's sleeping ******* *** *****" as knowing my usual luck i'll be tempting fate, so gonna put it down as a one off! Its nice to know she can do it though! Bella didn't sleep that long until she was about 2 1/2 yrs old!

xxx

BeanieBaby - I really hope it's not a one-time thing for you!
Oh man, I've been sick with a cold for 4 days now. I feel a little bit better today, but still coughing and runny nose. Luckily Rose doesn't seem to have caught it! I'm constantly using the hand sanitizer! I think I have some kind of infection, but I don't want to go and get antibiotics unless I absolutely have to..

That's brill BB! :) Tristans been good with sleeping, he's been going down about 8.30pm waking at 3 for a feed then getting up at 7 :D

Last night he woke himself up at 1.30 coughing and he was really upset :( He then woke at 3 for his usual feed and again at 6.30 then we got up at 9, so last night wasn't good but he's got a nasty cough :(

Sorry to hear you're full of cold Juless.

Sophia's sleep pattern was like Tristan's until last night BB, she'd go down around 8ish and wake around 3 ish (occasionally later at 4.30am) and then up at 7-7.30ish. So you never know Tristan's may give you a full night's sleep sooner than you think!!! However, I think it was a fluke, so not holding much hope for tonight. At least I know she can do it if she wants to. She's been feeding for england today so she's defo making up for it!!!

EDIT Sorry to hear T's now suffering again with a cough, poor lad he's been in the wars of late hasn't he! Hopefully you'll have a bug free few months after this one's out of the way!

xxx

O as for weaning I've decided (well I think I have) to wean him onto baby rice at 4 months and then wean him onto "proper food" once he is a little older.

My reason being is that he is really interested in our food, he watches you the whole time and licks his lips whilst your eating. He's started feeding more during the day too.

Exciting stuff, good luck! Maybe that's what he needs to send him through the night too, if he doesn't do it sooner that is! F'xd!

xxx

I hope you feel better Jules and Tristan! :(

BB - Yeah I find it's best just to listen to your babies signs, rather than guidelines. Because they are afterall, just guidelines or recommendations. ALL babies are different! Some are ready sooner than others. :shrug:

Beaniebaby - That's great that Sophia went all night for you! :D That's what Alora did, she started doing the odd night going all the way through, and I would just keep giving her the soother and if she spit it out more than twice I would feed her, but most of the time she would just keep going back to sleep! Now, for the last few weeks, she's been going 10 hours with me just giving her the soother sometimes. It's great! I hope Sophia continues for you - My first daughter slept great but she still didn't sleep this long until she was like 7-8 months! So I've definitely gotten lucky this time. :cloud9:

I wonder if Rosalina is going through another growth spurt or something... (although I don't think she really needs one, she's already over 17lbs, lol!!). She is hungry all the time! I know her teeth are bothering her too so I think that might be why she's been kinda fussy.

I had a night like the other night, it's crap that he's poorly! :(

He also did something he's never done before, at his 2nd feed at 3am he would not go back to bed for over an hour, he just cried! :shrug:

Rose was up until nearly 4am last night! The night before she went to bed at 11 so I was really happy that she seemed to be returning to a normal schedule. But nope, last night was not fun at all. She was fussy, gassy, super hungry. She just couldn't seem to settle! I have recently discovered gripe water though which is a life saver! Really helps to calm her gas down!

we have hit teething i think girls :(

my poor baby woke up screaming in pain last night at 10pm and only anbesol & calpol could help settle him again, he was in so much pain, I have never heard such a sad cry :(

today he has had to have anbesol a few times and calpol once, he is just so unhappy and nothing I do helps him :(

going to order him a amber teething necklace tonight

What are those necklaces?

I have a feeling we have hit teething too, Tristan's been screaming and it sounds so painful :( I've had to change his top because of dribble and one cheek is bright red!

they are amber beads, you can get necklaces & bracelets for teething

your body's natural heat releases the amber into your system and amber is a natural anti-inflamatory so helps reduce the pain of teething

all natural which I would rather try than pumping him with calpol every day for the next however long

Might get Little man a bracelet instead of necklace then he can wear it on his ankle

Sorry to hear some of the babes are starting teething. Sophia's dribbling tonnes and has red cheeks occasionally but she's doing great at night, so don't think its affecting her yet. I remember it well with Bella though and we had a hell of a first yr! Her's came one after the other almost and she once had 4 come through at once! Her first two were at 4 mths too! Not looking forward to it in the slightest!

Thanks for the tip re the beads, haven't heard of them before, am defo gonna get S a necklace I think.

xxx

jules shes probably hit the 3 month growth spurt a bit early, Autumn's had all hers early.

I have had her teething necklace on for about 3 weeks now, hoping to not notice teething =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->