****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

i too have had a teething necklace on him sinse just before christmas
hoping it will work!

hope all girls and their babies are well xx

Chloe's not been too bad with teething and she has been teething for a good few weeks, today its bothering her a bit though, where can you get the necklaces or braceltes from?

i bought mine off ebay, but there is a few online stores selling them if you search google for example :D x

Hi ladies looks like i have posted at the right time :)

I was just going to ask for some opinions lewis has been so cranky the last few days he literally eats then crys until he tires himself out to sleep then crys as soon as he wakes up im pulling my hair out as im at home with him by myself the majority of the time and its heartbreaking to hear him scream :( well he has been dribbling to high heavens the last couple of weeks and anything that comes by him he trys to put in his mouth hes also fussy when it comes to taking his bottle and it takes me a good half hour to get him to drink 150 ml i think he may be teething but ive checked his gums and nothing seems diffrent would i see a diffrence or could it be they are just coming through ??

thanks in advance x hope youre all well

many baby's teeth move around and push under the gums a while before they come through so maybe its this thats making him dribble and feel pain? maybe try some bonjella or calpol and see it that helps but it really does sound like teething steffy

Alora hasn't reached the teething stage yet, thank goodness, but I expect her to in the next month or so. My first daughter got teeth at 5.5 months (started showing symptoms at about 3.5 months) so I'm preparing myself for a similar scenario with Alora.

I love those teething necklaces, my older daughter has one that I bought for her when her two-year molar's came in (never knew about them before that!) and it worked great, I will get another one soon for Alora, hopefully it will help her too! :)

Oh i didnt know they did childrens bonjela thanks :) think i might invest in a necklace too even if he isnt teething yet be handy in the future im sure !

I personally wouldn't use Bonjela.

Calpol do a teething gel and there is also a Dentinox one.

I've been using teething power and Dentinox and he seems better already :)

I just ordered two of those baltic amber necklaces online for Alora. :D Can't wait to get them! Even if she doesn't need them right away, they still look cute! :cloud9:

Rose had a really rough night/morning. She slept till 1am woke, then back to sleep at 3am. Then she woke up at 7:30am and was hungry and fussy. She finally went back to sleep after lots of feeding though. I'm thinking she's going through a growth spurt, but she's been waking once during the night to eat for the last week and has been extra hungry for a while now so I'm not sure. She doesn't seem to be very satisfied with the food she gets anymore. She has to have more formula than she used to plus she seems to want to eat every hour! I'm looking forward to when she can start solid foods since I think she will be more content. She's such a big girl that it seems like she needs more to be full!

sorry to hear about the rough night jules!

i on the otherhand had a good night, first time he slept through, went from 11.30 till 6.54am!! his previos record was 6 hours and he did that once. eekk hope he does it again!

Jules - Sorry to hear Rose was up alot. I am looking forward to starting solids too, as I think Alora's napping will get better (hopefully anyway - once I can cut out her one bottle and drop her naps down to two naps rather than 4 catnaps, I think she'll sleep longer, right now she doesn't nap longer than 45 minutes at a time :().

I had a good night though as well last night. :blush: Alora slept 9:30pm - 7am STRAIGHT! Not waking at all, not even for her soother like she normally does. :cloud9: It was nice, that's the second time she's done that. Though she did throw a total fit from about 8:45-9:30pm... I think she was gassy because as soon as I gave her some Oval, she went right to sleep. :shrug:

I'm having a hard time at night too! Ever since inmoved Leo into his cot bed he's been up for what seems like to whole night!!! He now does his usual 5 hours but then fussed all night so I only get those 5 hrs or 4 depending on when I go to bed! He calms down and sleeps if I bring him into bed with us so am now thinking about co-sleeping arrangements! Whatever it takes to get some sleep hey!

Definitely! :thumbup: We all do what we have to do in order to get sleep! Hang in there, it will get easier. :hugs: The transition to the crib/cot is hard on some babies but as long as you stick to it, he will get used to it eventually.

Here it is nearly 4am and Rose just finally fell asleep! Poor thing has been quite fussy at night with teething and gas. Gripe water has helped loads though! Question - anyone else finding it REALLY painful to breastfeed a teething baby?? Oh my gosh tonight was terrible and I was nearly in tears feeding her. Every so often she will bite down with her gums directly on my nipples! I already deal with pain feeding her since she has a super strong latch and it huuurts. I kept saying to myself I can't do this anymore - she had 3 months of breastfeeding but I can't keep going! It hurts too much! I'm going to see how it goes the next little while and if it is still as painful I may have to go to formula full time and try to pump as much as I can. I would miss the closeness I feel breastfeeding her though..

You can train babies to not bite you. What I believe you do is take them off every time they bite and tell them not to bite. Aparantly it doesn't take long. You could ask for help from someone who's done it before if you need it. Do you have a breast feeding group you could go to for advice?

We had a much better nights sleep because I didn't mess around! He fed at 10.30 then 3.45 then woke up sometime later and I brought him to bed with us, ahhhhh it was heavenly I didn't hear another peep out of him until oh's alarm went off. Sooooo much better. I need to buy some rails for our bed now any one know where you can get them from in the uk?

Yes Jules I'm experiencing it too. He's a little monkey! I tell him no and he smiles!! :lol: He's also started doing that then moving his really fast, ouch!!

Have you got Facebook Jules? There is a group called The Leaky B@@b and it has been brilliant for me!

Saturday night Tristan slept 8.30 - 2 then 2.20 - 7! I thought we where getting back to normal but nope! Last night he went 8.30 - 11.30 then 11.50 - 2 then 2.20 - 5 then 5.20 - 7.40! I'm knackered!! :(

Sorry your having a rought time jules.
Ive found chloe has started waking once in the night now she used to sleep thought i think she is a very hungry baby now as shes on the 75% for weight, i am ok with this though as i would rather get up with her and feed her more often than put her on formula as i really want this to be a last resort.

I went to docs today as still been getting pain downstiars and in top of legs near lady's area, and not been able to DTD at its way to painful. Doc thinks my stitches might be too tight or something so ive got to go to hospital in a few weeks to cheak that they are all ok, just hope all is ok as dont fancy having to have another op to sort it out, it was bad enough having one staight after i had chloe. Im actually quite worried what they will say, anyone else had prob DTD since they had bubs?

Also even though i shouldnt hardly be bleeding because of breastfeeding im bleeding on and off all the time dont have more than 3 or 4 days at a time over the last month or so when i havent been bleeding so fustrating.

Hope everyone else and their bubs are ok x

I pumped some milk this morning so I can give my poor nipples a rest when Rose gets up! I'll try to feed her a bit after she wakes and see how it goes!

Do any of you still not feel yourself yet? I am just now starting to feel a bit normal, but I still have terrible lower back pain that doesn't seem to want to go away.

I don't feelmyself 100% yet :( I'm at the Doctors tomorrow coz of a patch I have so i'm going to mention the pain I get on the left near where my ovary is? Plus TMI ALERT I feel like I don't quite smell right IYKWIM?

Gah Tristan is grumpy today!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->