****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Alora doesn't have eczema but my older daughter does. :( I just picked up some cream today, this friggin' cold winter we're having over here doesn't help either! :nope:

I will be weaning at 4 months as well. Alora drinks ALOT already and in another month, I can only imagine. :wacko: I weaned my first daughter at 4 months and all is well! :D 4 months is the recommendation over here in Canada anyway, recent studies have shown babies who weaned at 4 months had less allergies later on than children weaned later (again, this is in Canada and as anything, only take as a grain of salt, not implying anyone should do any different than they are planning). :shrug:

Tristan's gum looks really funny :wacko: Its now gone like a flap and soggy and the gum underneath is white!

Buttonnose if you are breast feeding try using a bit of your milk it's meant to work wonders! BB it really sounds like Tristan is teething! I took Leo swimming the other day and he was sooooo cute! He just clung to me the whole time wanting cuddles!

starsunshine I have tried breast milk :(

We had our 'weaning party' at the health center this morning, it was so interesting and focused very much on BLW and only a little on TW, We learnt alot and I am so excited too start weaning once Little man gets too 6 months, it is going too be so much fun lol

Code:
I did a quick search and there are tons of pages! It must be virgin coconut oil, but seems people have had much success. :)

thanks for posting this, i'm going into town in the morning to get some, my LO has terrible eczema, we are exhausting natrual remedies before we turn to steroid creams, but i have not tried this yet.

Sounds like Tristan could have a pearly white or two coming through v. soon BB, how exciting, he might be the first bumpkin to get teeth! My eldest was early at 4 mths but don't think Sophia there yet, she's dribbling tonnes but doesn't seem unsettled with it yet. Also don't think she's quite ready for weaning, so may make it to 5/6mths, we'll see how it goes. She isn't always draining her bottles and is sleeping well so not really showing signs of needing more. She slept 8pm-8.30am last night with no feed in between :happydance:

x

It's great to hear Sophia is sleeping through the night BeanieBaby!
I'll be weaning Rose around 4 months as well. I sometimes try to use her baby spoon in her mouth to see if she pushes it out or not. I'm super excited to start feeding her! It must be hard for her to be in a 9 - 12 month old's body but not eating as much as a 9 - 12 month old would be!

just popped in to be nosey but have to say jules ur new profile pic is adorable :thumbup: bless lol

I agree Jules. Rose is adorable! :cloud9:

I can't believe my little peanut is already 3 months old today. Time goes too fast!

Hello so this is where i find everyone!!!!
Mummyconfused i have been looking for you!!
Teething!? Yes Lucas has definately started, its not been easy for any of us!

Awww, thanks guys! I think the October Bumpkins (and Nov. Bumpkins that came a bit late, lol) are the cutest babies, right? ;)

Rose has definitely been teething for a while and it has been making her more fussy lately. Last night I checked and could feel the little bumps coming up! I don't think it will be long before at least one pops out! She actually liked her frozen teething toy last night! (Usually she just won't take it). Oh, and gripe water has reeeeally been helping - it helps with her gas and with her teething as well! You can get a large bottle of it at Superstore for $2.99! She usually gets a little bit in the evening and soon after settles down to sleep.

I'm starting to post in the WTT section. I never thought I'd be so anxious to get pregnant again! I would do it right now if our circumstances were different! (We want to wait for OH to finish school next year and to buy a house). I never thought I'd want to have another so quickly, but I think about it all the time!

Jules - I agree, the October Bumpkin babies are the cutest!!! (And in our case, early November babies but they are still Bumpkins if you ask me! ;))

Poor Rose, teething sucks. I imagine Alora will start soon since my oldest got teeth at 5 months. And she started showing symptoms at about 3.5 months. It's nice when they finally pop through though, since the pain tends to subside when they do. It's when they are pushing and pushing on their gums that its painful, poor babies. :( I have all the teethers bought already though, so I'm prepared! I even have a couple in the fridge, ready to go! :haha:

I can't use gripe water with Alora. Every time I've tried, she throws up. And she NEVER spits up otherwise. :shrug: So I threw my bottle in the garbage.

And WTT is SOOO exciting! Thats how I felt after having Kyree. When Kyree was about 4 months, I started getting the "urge" and by 8 months, I was DYING to get pregnant. Baby fever hit me full force... and continued until we finally did start TTC and I got pregnant when Kyree was 14 months old. But it's all I thought about every day for those 6 months, I drove myself insane. Even now, I sometimes really miss being pregnant and wish I could do it again. But NOPE. We are done. Two kids was our limit and what we agreed upon a LONG time ago. But it doesn't mean I won't miss it like crazy! :nope:

We will only be having 1 more baby and I've not go even the tiniest of urges to do it again anytime soon :rofl: We plan on having our 2nd and last baby when Tristan is about 4!
We need to buy a house as the one we are in is so small, it's not really big enough for us now! :( I'm so glad I'm not broody! I remember being broody before having Tristan and it is one of the worst feelings in the world!

The last few days Tristan seems alot better with his teething so I wonder if it's stopped? He's still dribbling loads and chewing his hands like mad but he seems a lot less upset IYKWIM? He has his odd moment where he screams and rams his hands in his mouth but nowhere near as much!

BB - I'm glad Tristan is better! The teething symptoms can come and go. It's not a constant thing where they are cranky and in pain, it just comes in waves until the teeth finally poke through. :)

Hi I'm so excited Leo just rolled over from his front to his back!! Wow! Just trying to get him to do it again now!!!!!

:cloud9: I was very surprised and didn't expect it for a few more weeks really!

Yay! Rose doesn't even try! Instead she seems to be trying to crawl forward, lol!

On another note I'm trying to sell my Moby wrap. It's cool but just not for me! I'll loose money on it, but ah well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->