****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Yay Leo! :yipee:

Alora hasn't rolled yet either. She looks like she's trying, she will lean towards one side when on her belly... but not all the way over yet. :shrug:

I think my first daughter did it around 4 months... and then rolled back to front around 5.5 months?

Athena just rolled front to back tonight too! I'm sooo excited. I didn't expect it at all, she hasn't seemed interested at all in rolling and she hates tummy time so it was a shock!

Yay Bumpkins!

Don't think Autumn will ever roll front to back, as she won't stand being on her tummy for more than 60 seconds or so. lol

Yeah go babies go!!!! How often are you going to get your LO's weighed? I'm off today & am hoping he's climbing back up toward the 50th but not holding my breath!

My doctor schedules appointments every 2 months. So next month she'll go again and also get her needles too. Rose hates belly time too!

I go once a week to the health centre to use the scale, I still like to track closley since we had gaining issues.

we have our final injections tomorrow :( dreading them for my little man :(

and my back is KILLING me, I fell down the stairs a couple days back and omg it hurts so badly now

bad times :(

Tristan had his jabs today and he was really good :) I gave him Calpol when we got in because he seemed really unsettled. He's now laid watching baby TV :)

We take Chloe once a month but im gonna take her every 2 weeks this month as i have had to start weaning her. However she takign to weaning like a pro no problems with new tastes or textures so far

You've started weaning?

I spoke to my HV today and she is coming round tomorrow to go through weaning, she said the HV I spoke to last week had no right to tell me not to wean Tristan yet as she is my HV not her and my HV thinks going on what I have told her now is the perfect time. This has made me feel a whole lot better as I've had a few negative comments about weaning at 4 months but surely if my HV who is also a peadiatric nurse and midwife thinks now is right then it's ok?

Sorry i didnt know you had spoken to your HV about weaning why do you feel you need to wean him, if you dont mind me asking. I had a HV and a breastfeeding advisor agree i needed to wean chloe
She was sleeping through and started waking for feeds up to 6 times a night, She was getting really fussy in day not wanting breast milk even though hungry and kept grabbing for our food when eating. these i beleived were all signs she wanted weaning, i always said i would wean when she showed signs now 6months if she showed signs before. And even in the couple of days its doing wonders for her, she is sleeping so much better and so much happy. I was weaned at 3 months and did me no bloody harm

He is also the same with milk during the day.
He started waking again 3-4 times a night.
He's really interested in our food.

Just my opinion hun, but thats what chloe does i think he is trying to tell you he ready for food, i was told by my breastfeeding advisor if they like that then its not always fair to make them wait. She only has a little bit of food at lunch time but makes a different. I found Chloe loves Cow and Gate fruity baby ceral (its gluten free ect) and you can make it with youur breastmilk. She has 2 spoonfuls of the ceral powder and as much milk as it requires and normally eats the lot. i was told lunch time as milk best in morning and then if they get a tummy ache for 1st day or two they get rid of it before bed. When were you thinking of weaning him

waking & the night & grabbing at food aren't signs for weaning, waking in the night is very normal for 3 - 5 month olds & grabbing food is just normal development, they are just interested in the world around them

Saying that, it really is up too you when you wean, as long as you are sensible about it. Having been to our 'weaning party' last week, I know I am holding out till 6 months :)

waking & the night & grabbing at food aren't signs for weaning, waking in the night is very normal for 3 - 5 month olds & grabbing food is just normal development, they are just interested in the world around them

Saying that, it really is up too you when you wean, as long as you are sensible about it. Having been to our 'weaning party' last week, I know I am holding out till 6 months :)

My breastfeeding advisor and HV both said waking a bit in the night is normal at this agee but not that much from sleeping though and also said if they are constantly grabbing at food it isnt just chance

guess that goes too show how different HV say different things lol, it would make it so much easier for us mum's if they all said the same thing

We were told that waking in the night is sleep regression, Little man went from sleeping 12 hours straight through to waking every 2 hours and the grabbing food is just normal inquisitive behavior for this age.

We are going too do baby led weaning anyway and thats a big no no before 6 months so we will just wait :)

we have decided we may switch to baby lead weaning which i have been told is perfectly fine. i personally didnt think it was fair on chloe to wait, i was weaned early also as needed more than just milk. everyone intitled to own opinion.
an yes all hv say different things.
with how long its been going on with chloe i been told its been to long for just sleep regretion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->