****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

we all have too do what we feel is best or our little ones at end of the day :)

yes exactly chloe was hungry all the time i had to start weaning her so she actually had food in belly and didnt feel hungry.

Buttonnose, that sucks about falling down the stairs. :( ouch!

And I only take Alora every two months to be weighed now, when she gets her shots. She was weighed more often before when she was smaller but now its just at her doctors appointments. :shrug: I know she's a healthy weight though, we've had no problems with her gaining.

Many babies hate tummy time, until they get stronger and better at it. Once they realize they can move around by going on their tummies, and eventually crawl... they learn to love it! :)

And we are all different, and we all do what we have to do with feeding. :D I will wean at four months because my baby is on formula and thats when I started my first daughter and she did great. If Alora is still doing fine on formula alone when we reach four months, then I will hold off, but the plan is 4 months. In Canada, four months is actually the current recommendation for weaning. So just goes to show how everywhere and everyone is different. ;)

Buttonnose, that sucks about falling down the stairs. :( ouch!

And I only take Alora every two months to be weighed now, when she gets her shots. She was weighed more often before when she was smaller but now its just at her doctors appointments. :shrug: I know she's a healthy weight though, we've had no problems with her gaining.

Many babies hate tummy time, until they get stronger and better at it. Once they realize they can move around by going on their tummies, and eventually crawl... they learn to love it! :)

And we are all different, and we all do what we have to do with feeding. :D I will wean at four months because my baby is on formula and thats when I started my first daughter and she did great. If Alora is still doing fine on formula alone when we reach four months, then I will hold off, but the plan is 4 months. In Canada, four months is actually the current recommendation for weaning. So just goes to show how everywhere and everyone is different. ;)

do you know what reasons they give for weaning at 4 months. in my opinion the recommendations should be between 4-6 months as the recomendations always changing

Good luck to everyone who's started/about to start weaning. I'm keeping an eye out for signs but Sophia seems happy so far. Think i'm going to try and hold out for 6 mths but I can imagine she'll need to start before then as she's a bit of a chunky monkey bless her! Am interested in trying the BLW and if the recommendation for that is 6 mths, but I need to start sooner, I guess i'll just start with baby rice, porridge and a few purees and then move over to the BLW stuff at 6 mths.

xxx

Morning Girls!
Hows everyone? Lucas is dealing with the teething a little bit better but i dont want to speak too soon!
He has his 2nd set of jabs next Friday - What should i expect? Same as the 1st set?
~~~
Weaning? Well i started going to Weaning class, they said wait for the signs like when they are sitting up unaided and not content on milk alone.

BB that's my plan! :)
I'll see what my HV says this afternoon. I think she is wanting me to wean him aswell due to his reflux, baby rice is supposed to help.

I am doing what WE as his parents feel is best and knowing my HV is behind us makes me feel a whole lot more confident.

The GUIDELINES are between 4 and 6 months so 4 months is not too early!

I think you should wean when it's right for you as parents and when it's right for your baby. I'm going down the baby led route but totally understand why people choose to start earlier. For baby led it's not meant to be a particular date, just around 6months ish when your baby shows certain signs and there's no reason why you shouldn't switch to it if you start on baby rice etc. Let's remember every baby is different!!!!

Beaniebaby I recommend getting the book (I borrowed mine from the library) as it explains it all in detail.

Buttonnose I hope your back feels better soon :(

Morning girls :)

I really need your help lewis has been off his feeds the last week he was having around 170 ml every 3 hours and happy but this week its a struggle to even get him to have 120 ml every 3 hours he has a few gulps and then moves his head or spits it out and throws a wobbly :( for his age and wieght he should be having around 210ml i know its approx but i feel like i am forcing it down him but obdviously i want him to eat ! anyone else had this ? im off to see HV tomorrow at the clinic but im really worried hes going to be loosing weight . He is teething so it could be that but im at a complete loss as to what to do really ?!?

also quick question do you all have assigned Hvs because i dont think i have no one has come to visit me since he was 4 weeks and if i need to speak to someone i have to go to the clinic and see whatever hv is there ?

xx

BB that's my plan! :)
I'll see what my HV says this afternoon. I think she is wanting me to wean him aswell due to his reflux, baby rice is supposed to help.

I am doing what WE as his parents feel is best and knowing my HV is behind us makes me feel a whole lot more confident.

The GUIDELINES are between 4 and 6 months so 4 months is not too early!

I agree it wasnt long ago that it was just 4month and nothing about 6months they always change them. Loads of people years ago were weaned before 6months and they are so healthy

I really need your help lewis has been off his feeds the last week he was having around 170 ml every 3 hours and happy but this week its a struggle to even get him to have 120 ml every 3 hours he has a few gulps and then moves his head or spits it out and throws a wobbly :( for his age and wieght he should be having around 210ml i know its approx but i feel like i am forcing it down him but obdviously i want him to eat ! anyone else had this ? im off to see HV tomorrow at the clinic but im really worried hes going to be loosing weight . He is teething so it could be that but im at a complete loss as to what to do really ?!?

also quick question do you all have assigned Hvs because i dont think i have no one has come to visit me since he was 4 weeks and if i need to speak to someone i have to go to the clinic and see whatever hv is there ?

xx

Where I live you get an assigned HV, maybe ask next time your there?

As for feeding maybe it's because of teething? Tristan is like that when his gums are sore, I'd mention it tomorrow :)

Why is it you don't do BLW until 6 months?

It's to do with their physical and biological development. Basically you wait until they can sit unaided, can put things accurately into their mouth and the forward thrust on the tounge disappears. This normally happens around 6 months.

yeah i will do would much prefer to see the same one every time :) as like you all say they all seem to have diffrent opinions and advice on things so can be confusing lol

xx
Hi we have our own healthvisitor who does all the checks but we have a phone number to contact the health visitiors office wehre all the health visitors are and they can give you advice or get your own health visitor to get back incontact with you.
I know someone else whos baby keeps refusing his lunchtiem bottle as well, so yuo aitn the only one hun :hugs:

thanks its nice to know im not the only one its just heartbreaking to know youre still leaving them hungry but if you feed them i feel guilty for forcing it on him cant win lol they do put us through some stress hehe

Aww bless ya hun, hope you can sort somethign out. one of the reasons i started to wean chloe was becuase she started to not want to breast fed even though she was hungry

well lewis is showing signs of wanting weaning too hes waking more in the night , staring and grabbing at food etc but i shall ask hv what she thinks tomorrow as i did give him a spoon of baby rice yesterday after he had refused 3 bottles just so he had something to eat and he ate it no problem and was opening his mouth for more when i walked away lol

hope youre weaning goes smoothly lol :)

people seem too be under the impression I have said weaning before 6 months is wrong, I haven't said that at all, all I said was waking in the night & grabbing food are not signs for weaning.

BLW is not advised before 6 months (unicef advise this) as they have too meet certain milestones first (I can give you more info about this when I get back from dr's with little man)

starsunshine I have the BLW book and love it, it makes so much sense :)

If you have to wean before 6 months they advise mash (they don't advise starting with puree anymore) and avoiding gluten & dairy until 6 months

Like I said before, it really is up to the parent/baby when they wean and as long as your sensible with it thats fine

Im also going to try to hold on until 6 months so i can BLW ill have to pop to library and get the book sounds interesting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->