****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

That doesn't sound fun Phillippa and Jules. :nope:

Yeah Kyree has been doing great with the potty training, especially since we're only on Day 4. But it's frustrating for us both. I feel like I'm spending most of my day in the bathroom... I can't wait until we're through this!!!

Really hope your exercises work Philippa, what a nightmare for you, sounds v. uncomfortable! :hugs:

Sorry to hear you're suffering with your tourettes Juless, hope this bad spell passes soon. :hugs:

Pleased to see from FB Kate that potty training's going well, well done Kyree!!!

Sophia's still quite unsettled, mainly during the daytime and eve, due to a combination of her jabs, cold and teething which is not fun with my 3 yr old playing up too and being v. clingy and a bit jealous I think! Roll on the weekend so I have an extra pair of hands around!

xxx

xxx

...But it's frustrating for us both. I feel like I'm spending most of my day in the bathroom... I can't wait until we're through this!!!

I remember this well, don't envy you having to do it with a new baby too, I was glad to get it out of the way before Sophia came along! Did it back in the summer last yr. Sounds like she's doing great though, especially for her age as a lot of them do it so much later these days!

xxx

Aww sorry you seem to spend your day in the toilet kate, hope kyree continues to do well and you aint actually training for very long hun. Yes my sister is trying to potty train my nephew who is 2 and 1/2 he is really good at weeing on the potty but will not do a poo on the potty at all he hold it in and just gives himself tummy ache rather than use the potty

mummytochloe hope it feels better soon and excercises work for you hun x

jules - yeah i agree maybe talk to your HV about introducing a tiny bit of rice or something as she is a big baby i dont think it would trouble her too much :) hope your tics get better soon xx

good luck mommykc with the potty training seems like so far away for all of us who are first timers but itll soon creep up im sure !! cant imagine it being much fun lol

Potty training does seem like ages away! I hope it's over with quickly Kate & you can spend your days somewhere other than in the toilet!!!! I'm just making some fig muffins where I'm making up the recipe as I go, hopefully they'll work (stopped for a feed)

Mmm those muffins sounds yummy! :p

So Kyree had two accidents yesterday and today. Which is to be expected but still frustrating. :( She is doing really well, but she's also starting to get upset when I take her to the potty... I think because we are spending so much time there! It's definitely bittersweet... and will be really nice once she has the knack of it and we can relax more! :wacko:

I cannot get over how happy of a baby Alora is. She honestly is always smiling and cooing whenever she's awake. She only cries when she gets tired or hungry, but that's it. Otherwise she is the happiest little thing! I love it! :cloud9:

Oh and I hope Sophia feels better soon, poor girl. :(

Aww sorry for the accidents and that she gettign a bit fustrated hun, i hope she gets it soon so you can all be more relaxed

Im glad alora is such a happy baby

I think the worst part was one of her accidents was on our BED. :( Of all places, WHY my bed??? :sick:

aww not good at all and all the washing of sheets as well as clothes when its that way :hugs:

Oh no poor you Kate, my heart goes out to you! I remember we didn't have any accidents with Bella until day 4 but then they started! It was the other way around for her though as she would wee fine but held in her poos and refused to go, until I turned my back for a min that is after about 3-4 days and she'd do it in her knickers! Was a nightmare! She did have wee accidents but only at nursery! We got past the poo accidents by spending a huge amount of time with her on the potty and in the end I said to her "How about mummy puts a nappy in the potty and then you do a poo" and low and behold she piped up v. excitedly "ok mummy" and climbed on and did a poo! :rofl: So for those of you who go through it its worth a try found suggestion online as sometimes they are traumatised with the poos like they're losing a part of themselves or something! After about 3 poos I just stopped putting the nappy in there and she never noticed! We spent a lot of time with her sat on the potty in the lounge in the end Kate whilst she was watching TV, to encourage her to relax and go as I realised all that time with me getting stressed sat on the bathroom floor with her wasn't doing either of us any favours! Good luck, hope the accidents reduce over the weekend.

Sophia's great thanks, I have my happy little girl back its great! Just seeing her kicking away in her little chair this arvo cooing away made me realise just how unsettled she's been this week as she's had barely any happy awake time, especially since Weds jabs! She did take a while going off to sleep tonight but that was since she needed a poo bless her and as soon as she'd had her clear out :haha: she was happy again and went down like a dream!

xxx

BB thats really cute that you had to 'catch' the poos for her to go. :haha:

It was v. cute, bless her! (never thought i'd say 'cute' in the same sentence as poo! :haha:)

I'm glad Sophia is back to her old self and feeling better. :)

And now that you mention it, Kyree did seem a little traumatized at her first few poos in the potty. She would actually look in the potty and cry. I had no idea why but now it makes sense. She's fine with it now though. She looks in the potty after going poo and starts saying "good girl, good girl!"... she's too funny. :haha:
I've started limiting our time in the bathroom. I will only put her on for 10 minutes at a time and if she doesn't go, then we leave. That way it's before either of us gets frustrated by being in there too long. It seems to be working so far. :)

aww glad it seems to be gettign better kate

BB i will def have to mention the nappy idea to my sister to see if that helps her little boy use the potty thanks.

ohhh thios doesnt sound fun glad its all getting better now though :) and very good idea about the nappy in the potty i shall remember that trick:haha:

so does the third lot of jabs tend to unsettle baby alot more than the first two ? lewis isnt due for his until the 8th of next month but hes been fine so far with them :cloud9: the last lot he barely cried and the women stuck the needle in 4 times because he was so wriggly and gave him a massive bruise on his right leg :cry: hope its not that lady again !!

He woke up at 4 o clock last night wide awake babbling away to hiself and i thought OH NO here comes the 4 month sleep regression right on que lol but i gave him a bottle and he went straight back to bed i can actually hear his belly rumble when hes hungry :wacko: do you think all babys go through this or do some get away with it ?

x

aww least he went straight back to sleep steffy

I found chloe was actually the best with her 3rd set of jabs the only thing about them it its 3needles in sstead of 2. at our surgery they have 2 nurses so normally they get both injections 1 in each leg at the same time but becuase the 3rd set is 3 jabs they do 2 of them then the 3rd one so we couldnt cuddle her straight away. also hope you get different nurse x

We took chloe swimming again, which she loved at always, she also tried baby musiel for the 1st time today (with my milk) she had banana with my breast milk yesterday evening even though she has already had her solids at lunch and she slept even better so now doing 2 small meals a day at lunch and dinner. And tonight i have decided im going to make her some mash potato but with my milk, as i was makign mash tonight anyway, i will take some out of ours before adding the stuff to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->