****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Glad potty training is coming along Kate! :)

Phillippa we gave Tristan some at weekend with my milk, he liked it but was unsure of the texture! :lol: We also tried him on carrot and he loved it! I'll upload some piccys later :)

Steffy, Tristan wasn't too bad on his last jabs, he cried a bit, we only have one woman doing it so had to have 3 seperate jabs whilst Daddy cuddled him. If you do happen to have the same woman again you have the right to request someone else.

Rose seems to be ready for solid foods, at least to try some to see how she does. She is sitting up well and holding her head steady, and she's started making chewing motions with her mouth. For about 2 weeks now too she's been eating constantly - as in at least every 2 hours! Maybe since she's nearly the size of a one year old it's hard for her body to be full on just milk? Oh! My stepmom measured her this weekend and she's 28 inches long!! About the feeding, everyone says to check with my doctor, but he doesn't seem to know a thing about babies! He didn't even feel comfortable to pick her up last time we were there! He was the guy who implied she is too big and I'm overfeeding her.. I don't want to take any of his advice to be honest.. I will just go by my instincts of when I think she's ready!

I'm glad everyone is doing great!

She'll be 17 weeks in a few days anyways. :) She tried a bit of puree banana and water this morning and seemed to like it! She reached her mouth towards the spoon and very sloppily ate some, haha! Lots ended up on her bib, but she did eat it! I'm just going to give her a little bit once a day for a while and see how she does. She moved her mouth up and down like chewing and seemed to try to lick the spoon, lol!

Wow Rose is a big baby. I think you know her best and maybe you should try a more baby friendly doctor? Leo sometimes feeds every hour or two so I know how it feels but he settles down once he's finished his growth spurt!

BB - Adorable pictures of Tristan! :cloud9:

Jules - I agree, just go by your instincts, you know what's best for YOUR baby! :)

Rose had just a tiny bit more banana tonight and she hardly spit any out! She ate it right up and even grabbed the spoon to put in her mouth a few times! It's amazing how quickly they seem to learn how to do things, isn't it? For the longest time she has been going to bed for the night a 2am. Right now it's 8:30pm and she's already in bed! I hope she stays sleeping till morning! Maybe it's getting some solid food that's helping her sleep? Maybe!

That's great Jules, so glad Rose seems to be taking well to her first tastes and sleeping better too!

x

Gorgeous pics of Tristan BB, he's such a little cutie, I love him! :cloud9:

xxx

Jules have you tried her with Baby Rice?

Tristan is poorly AGAIN!! :( He is really really snotty and has a cough so off to the Doctors this morning!

Yep, she's tried rice cereal. She didn't mind it but didn't like it as much as the banana, lol! I plan to mostly feed her the cereal but have a fruit or vegetable in there once in a while too. Probably morning cereal, afternoon fruit/veggie. Just a few spoons of each. I found a great site: https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. Found some good information about what I can feed her now. :)

Awww, poor Tristan! I hope he gets better quickly!!

We've started Avery on solids, he loves them He opens his mouth wide open when he sees a spoon, hes going to love food, he really likes carrots. Avery is getting soo big, sometimes I want him to slow down, He was trying to sit up on my lap earlier today, and hes rolling over, I feel like hes growing up waaayyy to fast. Here's some photos of my little man.

https://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/93d66122.jpghttps://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/278e95b8.jpghttps://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/fbe99e7b.jpg

Have any of you had this? For the last month I have felt terrible most of the time. There are times when I feel okay, but it's mostly like this. I get super weak in my arms and legs, I get shaky from the weakness and feel like my legs will give out on me. I am really exhausted almost all of the time. It doesn't seem to be getting better. I have read about postpartum thyroid problems and will ask my doctor to test me when I go in March with Rose.

Yeh I do the odd time. I can be walking upstairs and my legs will just go. I find it's when I'm mega tired or I'm hungry.

Casey cakes those pics are gorgeous! Juless have you eaten properly when you feel like that? I'm starving all the time and feel like that if I don't eat enough proper food

I took Leo swimming yesterday. About 20 mins in he started shaking. The instructor came over & told me he was looking a bit blue! He was smacking his lips together so I said he needed a feed anyway. I put him in a wetsuit but still was cold. Anyone got any advice how I can keep him warm?

I am thinking it could be from not eating enough, but I feel like this almost constantly, it's rare for me to feel somewhat normal. I even get it after I eat a big meal so I'm just not sure. A friend suggested it could be anemia, as that happened to her after her baby and she had the same symptoms. I'll get my doctor to do some blood tests so hopefully I can find out what it is! I hope it's just that I need to eat more!!

About swimming, I was wondering the same thing! I plan on taking Rose swimming this week possibly and am curious how she can stay warm. I'm lucky that the pool I go to pumps really warm water in a lot, but once in a while it shuts off and it can get a bit chilly.

casey cakes those pics r cute hes gorgeous :)

jules glad rose likes her bananna lol im thinking of trying lewis with some mashed up with milk but im too scared to try him on anything else apart from porridge in case he has a bad tummy:blush:

I was also wanting to take lewis swimming but i really dont know where to take him is it ok for it to be chlorine or does it need to be saltwater pool ? and how do i keep him warm / entertained as he gets really vocal when hes bored hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->