****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Poor Rose has an eyelash in her eye... :( She was pretty upset earlier but is better now. I hope it works it's way out soon!

Casey - Those pics are adorable! He is so cute! :)

About swimming, I have heard the recommendation is 6 months before taking them to a pool because anytime before that, their bodies cannot regulate their body temperature properly, so they will be really cold the whole time. :shrug: Just something to think about. My local pool won't allow babies in it until they are 6 months old.

I definitely couldnt take autumn in the big pool, but we have a smaller warmer leisure pool. :thumbup:

my local pool has a small warmed baby/child pool too. maybe worth checking out different swimming pools x

I'm taking LO swimming on Sunday..... Her consultant said it was fine, but I needed to put her in an "extra warm" wetsuit (as in her pic!) I also have to be prepared for her turning blue :shock:

That's if she has fully got over this cold :( She's only got a little cough, but I have a feeling we'll be taking another trip in an ambulance tonight :(

Anyway!!

So lovely to see the October Bumpkins thriving! Nice to see those that are starting solids seem to be enjoying themselves.... LO loves her solids and has dropped her milk intake right down, to about 14oz a day, but her CLN says that as long as she is gaining weight and is not dehydrated then that's ok!

TTFN :flow:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have a small kiddie pool too, and obviously the warm therapy pool... but for regular swimming pools it's not recommended until 6 months, not here anyway. :shrug: And I only have one indoor pool here in town, so there are no other options.

Going_Crazy - Glad to hear your LO is doing well with eating, hopefully her cold gets better soon!

Not much new here... I'm having a nice lazy day today, just hanging out with my girls... it's been nice! :D

Hubby goes in two days to get his vasectomy! :) It will be nice not worrying about getting pregnant anymore, since two children was always our plan. I'm a little sad that the option is going to be taken away completely soon... but I always knew we would only have two children together, so I'm relieved as well that we won't have to worry anymore.

Gorgeous pics caseycakes.

Sorry Tristan's poorly again BB. :hugs:

Sorry to hear your not feeling 100% sometimes Jules, its probs just exhaustion but i'd go to the docs just to be sure. Like you say it could be anemia or something that they can help you with.

Wow Kate, good luck to your OH. Is he nervous? We've said we'll stop at 2 but since i'm still young, I don't think I could get him to do something so final, just in case I get broody a few yrs down the line and change my mind! Don't think I will but only time will tell.

xxx

Thanks for the advice. Believe it or not, it was a baby swimming lesson so you would think it would be warm for them! Ah well. He also had really bad skin Fter that session and it's still looking sore now so think I'm gonna give it a rest for a bit. My mum said he might have got cold because he's skinny (98th line for height, 25th for weight!)

We've still not taken Tristan swimming.

He's still poorly and I'm finding it hard. He wants cuddling all the time and crys when I put him down. I hate seeing him poorly :(

Aw BB but you're doing the right thing by cuddling him. Must be hard seeing him cry :(

Well after going back to the Doctors today (We had been Tuesday and told it was a cold) my Doctor had a look at his throat and turns out he has ulcers on his throat! :( Stupid Doctor from the other day hadn't looked at his throat!!

He's been put on Cefalexin so hopefully should start to feel better soon :)

Aww, poor little guy! No wonder he needed so many cuddles!! Glad he's on some medicine to help him feel better soon!

It's moments like these that make the bad days worthwhile :cloud9:IMGP1193.jpg

Has anyone else's baby started being shy even with people they know? Tristan is so funny, even when myself or hubby come in and say Hi he smiles and then turns his head ad trys to hide! :lol:

I started going to the mirror with him and saying "Who's that beautiful boy?" He then smiles, squeals and burys his head in my neck! :rofl: I've tried to video it but he then just looks at the camera! :lol:

BB - Aww Tristan is so cute. Sorry he isn't feeling well. :( Poor guy.

Beaniebaby - He's a little nervous... but he wants to get it done so he doesn't seem that worried about it. It does suck getting something so final, in a way, but I KNOW my hubby won't have any more kids. Ever. It doesn't matter even if I decided down the road I wanted one... he wouldn't. So if I ever wanted a third child THAT bad some day, it would have to be with another man. And that won't be happening. :nope: Sooo vasectomy it is! :shrug: I might as well accept it and enjoy the fact that we won't have to worry anymore. :)

Starsunshine - You would think for a baby swim class they would keep the pool warm?? :roll: That doesn't make much sense. Ah well, try again in a little while, maybe it will go better?

I think Alora may be starting the teething process. My first daughter started getting cranky here and there around 3.5 months (didn't get teeth until 5.5 months but it can be a LOOOONG process) and that's exactly where Alora is at. She has always been a super happy baby and the last week or so, she's had these crying fits out of nowhere that aren't like her. :nope: She just gets inconsolable for about 20 minutes, poor girl. I'm not sure what else it could be? :shrug: But I'm thinking her teeth may be starting.

aww poor tristian hope he feels better soon :) lewis does this too started burying his head into my neck and then peeks out a second later to see if your still there then dies it again makes me laugh hes so cheeky im absolubtley loving his little personality now:cloud9: think its just a little game for them :haha:

Girls I don't get to get on here much with work and everything else in life but I just got Athena's pictures done and had to show you one!

I hope all you lovely ladies and beautiful babies are doing good!!

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
Ah bless, Athena is gorgeous hun! We had some family pics done yesterday, can't wait to see the results! Never had anything like that done before, my sis bought us the session for our xmas present!

BB I hope Tristan is feeling better now, i'll swing by your journal in a bit!

So, Kate, how's your hubby's manhood doing now?! Hope he's not in too much pain! It sounds like its been a big decision for you both. :hugs: You've got a gorgeous family, i'm sure its the right decision. We were talking more this weekend and I think its final for us too. We had a lovely day out with the girls today and it made me realise that its fun filled and rewarding enough with two, so I think we'll do just fine!

xxx

What a beautiful photo!!! I'd LOVE to get some nice photos done too sometime!
Since we've increased Rose's formula intake and decreased the breastfeeding I'm starting to feel better already! Also Rose has started pooping about twice a day, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->