****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Wow thats a lovely photo.

Glad tristans feeling bit better :)

Leo managed to sit by himself today for . . . Wait for it . . .

10 seconds!!!!!!! He also grabbed my melon out of my hand lol. Didn't know what to do with it though! Just dropped it on the floor!!! Fun times ahead!

Is anyone else starting to get broody? I can't believe its been 5 months since I've had my DS2, and I just can't wait to give birth again! I know... I'm crazy.

I started to get broody around this time with DS1, and ended up pregnant 2 months later. I know I should wait, but just can't help the feeling. Oh well...

My baby doesn't seem like that much of a baby anymore. Especially since he's almost 21 pounds and over 28 inches long! He's getting so interactive, and loves to play with his big brother. Could it really have been 5 months ago that he was born?His eyes are starting to change color now, and it looks like he might have hazel eyes just like his big brother, and even though he was born with a full head of hair, he has gone almost completely bald. Pre-mature balding! :haha: With my first, it was the same way, born with dark hair, it all feel out and now he's a dirty blonde! They are practically twins, and I will probably start getting the "are they twins?" comment within a year. (They're only 15 months apart)

Hope everyone is doing well, and their babies are doing well too! BB, hope Tristain feels 100% soon!

Chloe is getting so big she is 20 weeks old tomorrow

She keeps trying to roll for back to front, (been doing front to back for ages) but her 2nd arm keeps getting in the way so she hasnt quite worked it out yet and gets angry.

She is decided she will now refuse to sleep for more then 10-15mins at a time in the day unless im out and about so i dont get much at all done in the day, im so glad she goes down between 7.45 and 8pm at night as it gives me 2hours to get a few bits done and have some time to myself.

She has one how draw/compartment in our freezer full or purees its amazin how many flavors she has tried already, she has broccli, carrot and potato all mixed together today, and she loved it i wasnt sure what she would think as broccli at that age is very strong flovor but she finished the lot. her 2 teeth are really getting bit now i dont think it will be long til they are at full size

and yes silver i feel stupidly broody want to try for another one already but isnt really realistic for at least another 3 years :(

Hope everyone else and their babies are well x

BB- Glad Tristan is feeling better. :hugs:

Beaniebaby - Hubby is doing better. He's still a tad sore but definitely on the mend. :) I'm sure he will be up and running in NO time! ;) Yeah as much as I would love more children, two is perfect for us aswell. I always pictured a family of four, we have it now... so might as well be happy and enjoy it! :)

Starsunshine - YAY Leo for sitting up! :D

Silver_Penny - I already have the urge to have another baby, but it's just not in the cards for us (as stated above). I've been a little bummed this past week, accepting the fact that I will never be pregnant again, or give birth (which I ALSO loved! you're not crazy!), or have a newborn in my arms. :( Hubby had a vasectomy this past Friday. We always knew two children was our limit, so we are done. But despite it being what we both wanted, I can't help but feel a little sad that I won't ever experience it again. But in reality, even if I had 12 kids, I would feel this way after each one! And let's face it, in today's day and age it just isn't affordable to keep having child after child after child, we would be BROKE! But I will definitely miss it.

So Alora rolled over today (front to back). She's been close for a while and she's really strong on her belly (pushes herself right up) but just didn't flip over until today! She kind of scared herself when she did it! :haha:

And an update on the potty training front, Kyree is doing AWESOME! No accidents for nearly a week! :cloud9: I'm so proud of her!

Ah sorry to hear you've been feeling down hun, its not surprising i'd be the same I think as it was a big step for you both, but like you say you'd feel like that after how every many kids, that's how strong this maternal instinct is, its mental! Does your hubby know how you've been feeling, hope he's been sympathetic, as i'm sure you have been towards him re the physical side of things.

Well done Alora for rolling over and for Kyree for mastering the potty training! :happydance:

xxx

I have mentioned it to him how I'm feeling, but not much more than that. :shrug: It's just something I think about on my own... I don't really want to talk about it with him because it's a done deal, you know? We both know how we each feel about it and what's done is done. I don't want to dwell on it too much, otherwise I will make myself upset. I'm doing fine though, I think it's easier to accept because it's permanent (well, in most cases anyway) and I have no choice.

Well done to Alora and Kyree!!

My boy is still mega lazy!! He hasn't rolled or anything! He still hates tummy time!

I had an awful day yesterday, it was my birthday and all Tristan did was scream, I ended up in tears too :(

I'm feeling better today, I just hope this phase passes quickly!

We bit the bullet and put him in his own room last night, it made no difference to his sleeping though he was still up 3 times!

thanks BB, im back :wave:

Happy birthday for yesterday. Sorry you didnt have a good one though.
How you feeling? Tristian getting any better?

xx

He is getting better poorly wise but I don't know what's up with him in other ways. He just screams out of nowhere, turns red, holds his breath and has tears, I'm guessing maybe teeth?

it sounds like it hun. Bless his little heart. Its heartbreaking and tireing when they are like that isnt it.
Shae has hit the clingy stage. If e cant see my he starts moaning. Not crying, just making noises like a cat. :haha:
I think maybe he is sensing im pregnant again :shrug:

He is doing well with his dinner now.Yesterday he had his veg, apple and banana desert and then 4 Oz of milk. I was really shocked. lol.

Wow hungry boy! That's brilliant :)

I don't know, can they sense that kind of thing? Tristan is a bit clingy, he crys when I walk out of the room.

He's sat in his bouncer and keeps coughing :( May give him some Tixylix!

Im not sure. My SIL said they can. God knows :shrug:
Whats tixylix?
Shae coughs to get my attention. He thinks its funny. lol. He is so cute. He can sit up on his own now. Not for long though.
Do you have any recipies hun for Shae. Other than Veg? Or is it only veg he can hav now?
xx

I think it's mainly veg at the minute Hun. You can add different ones together etc. I did find this though - https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/squashbabyfoodrecipes.htm

Tixylix is a baby cough medicine

ah thanks chick. Ill store that for when he is a little older.
Ah with you. Is it a chesty cough little man has got?

You up to anything today? I have been loking for double buggies for when the time comes for me to get one. I cant find anything i like, and if i find one i do its too big to get around, on the bus, ect. NIGHTMARE.

xx

OMG Laura congrats, another one, your all mad pmsl, only joking. My hubby is having the snip too soon, he has a consultation at the end of March. End of an era, feels odd but ?I have my 3 beuts.

Macy is trying to sit, she did for about 20 secs lol. I got her a bright starts tummy time mat yesterday in sainsburys, was £25, I got it for £7.50. Bargain!!

She is enjoying food, she is on 3 meals a day, 4 bottles of milk, 2 9oz 2 6oz. I goy her weighed last week ske was 14lb 10oz, 5 weeks before she was 13lb 1oz.

I havent taken moo swimming yet although you can, I know some mums who went at 8 weeks. Personally Im not fussed due to her excema,anyway battery gonna die take care xx

Is that Mat on offer everywhere?

Sorry Laura, Hubby came home then I had to go out to have my hair cut!
I've seen some nice double buggys, the ones where the little one is like under the seat at the back IYKWIM?

Glad to read all of your updates! I am definitely broody - have been since Rose was about a month old! She's doing well on her solids as well, sometimes spits it out though, till she gets used to the taste, then she's grabbing the spoon off me! She hasn't rolled over yet and doesn't even seem to want to try. She can only stand being on her belly for a few minutes and she's had enough! She's been really clingy too - she's discovered yelling and likes to do that when I leave the room!

Laura - WOW Congrats! :yipee: I had no idea you were already pregnant with baby #2! How exciting! I bought my double stroller online at strollers.com but I don't know if they ship to the UK? :shrug:

Ellaandcallum - My hubby had the snip last Friday! :D So we are DONE as well! Two was the plan for us, and we have them, so now here we are. ;)

Not much new here... I'm starting Alora on solids this weekend since she will be 4 months. I can't wait! :D

Huge congrats Laura, that's great news!

Sophia hates tummy time too and hasn't even attempted to roll over yet! :haha:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back