****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

starsunshine - Sorry to hear Leo is sick. :( I hope he feels better!

BB - YAY for Tristan sleeping well! :yipee: Alora always sleeps better when we swaddle her nice and tight, for some reason. :shrug:

Jules - That doesn't sound fun at all. :nope:

So I think I'm going to start Alora on solids tomorrow, or the next day... should be interesting! :haha:

I don't kow if I told you but Tristan isn't a fan of fruit...here he is trying apple, I shouldn't laugh but :rofl: Clicky!

Kate it's so much fun trying them with new things :)

Ooooh girls I took my theory test today and passed! :yipee:

Glad you passed your theroy test BB does he like more veg and stuff then?

And Yay for trying alora on solids soon kate

Chloe is ill properly for the 1st time atm, she had a cold and oral thrush but she got an ear infection so 1st time see been proper poorly. I noticed her ear was red and gunky ealier and she was crying for no reason so we went to doctors and she has ear infection.

Ive slightly chnaged her bedtime routine putting her to bed 30mins later (still after bath and feed) and shes now sleeping from 8-6am and then after feed goes straight back down to 8am. Beofre she was going down at about 7.30 and then we used to often wake her up when we wnet to bed (she doesnt seem to now she goes down later) and so then go fed at 11, and then used to wake at 2 and then at 8. so she'd gone fropm that to not waking until 6 :D

Cute video BB!

Yeah Im excited to try Alora on solids, I hope she's not as picky as her big sister was. :wacko: Kyree ate ALOT but only things she liked, it was so hard for a LONG time, getting her to eat much besides carrots, squash, apples, pears, peaches and raspberries! :dohh:

And I hope Chloe feels better soon! Poor girl.

3 Nights in a row!! :yipee: Only 1 feed last night :D

I've just booked my driving test, I feel :sick:

Hope Chloe and Leo feel better soon. :flower:

Great that Tristan's doing much better and sleeping so well BB, that's great and good luck wiht your test. Congrats on passing your theory!

Good luck with weaning Alora Kate. Sophia is a big girl too girls, have no idea how much she weighs as haven't had her weighed since before xmas! I figure she's clearly getting enough so haven't bothered. The clinics are on when Bella's not in nursery and I can't face dragging her there with me and waiting for ages to be told what I already know! Was a different story first time around I was there every 2 wks on the dot! :haha: Am surprised she's doing so well sleeping through the night and putting on all this weight as she doesn't overfeed, she only probs takes around 25oz of milk a day, I make up 4 7oz bottles but she leaves about 1-1.5oz on 2-3 of those. I'm holding off on the weaning as she isn't really showing signs yet but since she's such a chunka, I can't imagine that will last long. I'll review at 5 mths. She is starting to watch us eat a lot more but think that's pretty normal. She's napping well day and night and I think that's a good sign she's still getting enough from her milk.

xxx

Aww glad tristan is sleeping well BB, most nights now chloe sleeps from 8-6 last night she woke up at 2am then slept until 8am so i get good slints as she wakes half ways though.

Hope Alora isnt picky with her food so you havent got to faf around with it all :D The only thing chloe wont have is jars which doesnt bother me as i would rather make her food as IMO much better for her.

Beanie glad LO is still sleeping really well hopefully it will stay that way for a while

Rose is now going to sleep around 11 or 11:30 instead of 2am. It's a much better change! I still want her to sleep earlier though, so I'm going to try some things to adjust the schedule.

Beaniebaby - I may hold off with Alora too. :shrug: I tried her on some cereal today and she really wasn't interested. She just spit it all out (which I know is normal but I don't think she ate ANY. :nope:). When I started Kyree on solids around 4 months, she gobbled it up... so maybe Alora isn't ready yet. :shrug: She also seems to be gaining weight fine, she is a good sized baby and she only drinks about 24-26oz per day too but she's clearly thriving!
I will try her again tomorrow (mix the cereal with some formula this time) and see how it goes, if she's still not interested I may put it off for a few more weeks. No rush!

Kate, i'd defo leave it if Alora doesn't go for it again tomorrow. If anything i'm happy to put it off whilst she's thriving as to be honest its much easier sticking with the milk for the mo. I've already got Bella to feed! I think the longer I leave it the more able she'll be and the quicker she'll probs pick it up. I'm thinking i'll try her in the next 2-4 wks, so 5-5.5mths approx and see how it goes. If she's not interested I won't push it, i'll just try again at 6 mths. Good luck tomorrow, let us know how she gets on.

Beanie glad LO is still sleeping really well hopefully it will stay that way for a while

:rofl: I think I tempted fate as she woke up at 11.30pm and hubby's just given her a bottle! She hasn't woken up this side of midnight (of this side of 5am!) for wks! Last night she did 7.30pm-7.30pm which she usually pulls off 3-4 nights a week! She was really happy and wide awake so not sure what woke her. She didn't even have her late afternoon nap today so should be tired!

xxx

Yeah I agree, trying to feed the two of them breakfast this morning was very hectic! :wacko: I don't mind putting that off for a bit... it's enough trying to get Kyree's meals ready, let alone getting TWO seperate meals ready since they eat different stuff, every time. :roll:
I will just see how things go, I'm not going to force her.

My point exactly :haha: Its funny 2nd time around i'm not as eager to bring on the next stage! I'd be happy to delay crawling too until she's about 2 :rofl: as I know the sooner she's on the move the more difficult my life will be! (that's when the playroom will need seriously vetting and all Bella's little toy bits and art stuff etc. putting up high!) There's that and there's hanging onto her being a little baby :cloud9:, with her being my last.

xxx

I couldn't agree more! I am in NO rush this time around! :haha: I love the baby phase and I remember with Kyree, it goes ALL too fast. :( As much as I am loving every minute of watching Alora grow, I am terrified of when she's mobile. :shock: I'm worried Kyree will leave little things lying around that Alora will get a hold of, or not watch her close enough and trip over her or something, and it's hard enough keeping my eye on Kyree all the time (who likes to get into EVERYTHING), let alone TWO of them! It's going to keep me on my toes, that's for sure! :wacko:

With the solids I tried it, she'd spit it out so I waited a few days and tried again. Suddenly one day there was hardly anything on her bib! hehe Is it okay to just feed them fruit/veggies instead of cereal? Rose has no interest in it since she tried other things.

Alexa won't eat Cereal ir rice either. She is in love with green beans and apple sauce. She'll sit in her high chair with her mouth open anticipating the next bite lol!

Sooo the baby sitter told me she's been ab;e to sit up on her own for a few weeks now, sooo I tried it out, and wahhhaaa!

Attachments

• 5Mar11 + Easter 029.jpg
    5Mar11 + Easter 029.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
Aww so cute Lildreamy! :cloud9:
And I love the new signature Jules!

I think its fine to not give them cereal if they hate it. :shrug: That's just what I start with, my first daughter loved it so I'm hoping Alora will come around just because it is good for them. I tried again this morning and she just spit it all out again. Her bib was COVERED! :wacko:
I am going to wait another week or so I think, and then try again.

Just curious.... How much do your babies eat?? Maybe it was already stated in here...

But Alexa... I feel is eating WAY WAY WAY too much. :/

5 Oz. every 3 hours day and night. a total of about 40 Oz. + one solid food a day. :/

I'm really not sure how much Rose is eating since I breastfeed her in between feeds/bottles. I sometimes worry she's eating too much, but my aunts who are nurses assured me that if a baby eats too much she'll just spit it up.

Last night was.. interesting! I've mentioned before how Rose goes to bed for the night super late. Well, I've read a book called "The Lull-a-bye" method. Basically you put your baby in her crib while she's almost asleep but still awake. You talk to her and lull her to sleep, rub her belly, etc. If she gets really upset, you pick her up, calm her down, but put her back in the crib before she's alseep. It's to teach them it's okay to fall asleep in your crib and how to self-soothe at night so they can fall asleep on their own. (So you don't have to talk them to sleep each night!). Usually I nurse her to sleep, so she goes to bed already asleep. It sometimes takes her so long to be ready for bed this way though! Plus I don't want to have to go through what my sister is going through as she's weaning and trying to teach this at the same time!
We started last night and it took 2 hours, but we did it! I never imagined babies were so strong-willed, lol! She only actually cried at the end when she was so sleepy and overtired. In the beginning she just yelled angrily, lol! It took a lot of patience, but around 10:30 (a new early record for her!) she smiled at me and drifited off to sleep, still smiling. :) It was lovely! I'm hoping after a few nights it will take less and less time. It's a lot of work, but will be worth it. It will be nice to be able to lay her down for her naps and know that she's getting enough sleep. I know some people co-sleep or do think nursing to sleep is the way to go, and that's totally fine! It's up to each parent of course! I just want to start now to teach her these things before she's older and it gets much harder! I had some friends on facebook saying they co-sleep or want to nurse them to sleep which is great. Though one said that babies are too young to know how to put themselves to sleep which isn't quite true. Right in the beginning they don't know, but after a few months they do develop an internal clock and do know how to do it, if you let them. Wow, sorry for the novel! Guess I just want to be sure I explain it all properly, as I don't want to offend anyone who puts their baby to sleep differently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->