****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Jules - I actually have been doing that method with Alora since she was 8 weeks old. I read a book called "The Baby Whisperer" and she basically teaches the same technique, to show our babies how to fall asleep on their own in the crib.
It took me a couple weeks before Alora completely got the concept, but since she was about 2 months old I simply swaddle her, give her a soother and put her in her crib. She goes to sleep on her own 99% of the time, for naps and night time. It works great! :thumbup: It does take dedication at first, but totally pays off!

Oh and Lildreamy, all babies are different. ;) Alora drinks anywhere from 24-26oz per day, but that's HER. :shrug: As long as she isn't spitting up or seem uncomfortable, then I'm sure she's doing just fine! :D

Good to know it works! Amazingly I think it's already starting to make a difference! I nursed Rose till she was very close to sleep and put her in the crib. She cried for a minute, I calmed her and she fell right asleep! Took less than 5 minutes! She didn't sleep long but it was a good start! Hopefully tonight will be the same!

That's good Jules :)

We've been lucky on that front, we always put Tristan to bed awake ad have done since about 3 weeks old. He rarely crys and will just fall asleep.

He's been brilliant this week. After such a terrible few weeks I feel like we have turned a corner (touch wood). He's been in his own room for a week now. The first night he woke 4 times. The night after I decided to swaddle him and since then he has only woken once a night :yipee: He even slept 8pm-5am then went back down until 7.30! :D

He's constipated :(

Oh no! Poor guy! I hope he doesn't stay that way for too long!
I really wish I had started putting her to bed awake from the start, it's taking all my patience to get her to bed at night! It took nearly 2 and a half hours last night. She never cried, she would just get super sleepy, almost fall asleep then suddenly wake right up! I just put her down for a nap and she fell right asleep, so for naps it seems different somehow. Tonight I'm going to make sure she's really tired before trying to get her to bed again!

Jules - Yeah it can be frustrating at first, until they get the hang of it. And because Rose is tad older, it might take her a little longer because she's used to falling asleep with someone. Just hang in there, she will get it soon! :)

BB - Poor Tristan! Load him up with fruit to get things moving! :)

Wow, I'm loving the updates. I've been so busy, some good some bad but wanted to check in and see how all the wee October babes are doing. Such cuties, I can't believe how big they're all getting. Congrats to the mummies to be :) How exciting.

Luca is just fantastic, a wee gem. he's laughing, rolling, sitting and chattering. I can't believe how fast it has gone. I'm finishing my rostered service so I'm back on 12 hour shifts but dh is loving having him on his days off and my mum and dad spoil him rotten on the day he is with them. Expressing is working out great although I've had a few comedy moments pumping in work :lol: Tommee tippee bottles are the best thing ever, he swaps easily between the breast and bottle with them. We're holding off on solids until six months and going the BLW route again, introducing finger foods etc, he seems content enough but he is very interested in what everyone elseis eating so when the time comes he should know what to do :lol: .
Our family is definitely complete. Dh had the snip done on Wednesday, he had some complications but is on the mend now.
This is my boy now.

Attachments

• holdbtl.jpg
    holdbtl.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 5
  • liver.jpg
    liver.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
  • lu.jpg
    lu.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
  • lucasitting.jpg
    lucasitting.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
Gorgeous pictures Trumpetbum! :cloud9: What a handsome little guy!

And I know how you feel - just in case you missed it, my hubby had the snip a week and a half ago aswell! So our family is complete too! :) He was sore for about a week but he's doing really well now. YAY for not having to worry soon! :D

Wow all the October babies look so big and happy. Nice to see all of you again. Anna is doing really well. She has gotten so big (well big for her) She is almost 12 lbs now.

As for sleep Anna will go down awake or alseep. She likes her sleep and hopefully that doesnt change. We havent started solids yet but in the next couple of weeks we will be starting solids.

BB- Try Tristan on oat cereal. Anna has digestive issues and the doctor told us to skip rice because it is so gassy and harder to digest than oat.

Some updated pictures

https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/newtabix/IMG_3978.jpg

[SPOILER][IMG]https://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/newtabix/IMG_4322.jpg[/SPOILER]

So cute girls :)

I've tried him on Baby's First Museli and it makes him really sick :(

Is he still constipated? If he is, maybe try some pureed prunes? Beware though, if you give him TOO much he may have diarrhea. I used to give Kyree prunes whenever she was backed up and it would work, a little TOO well! :shock:

Newt - love the photos! The Bumbo picture really makes me laugh, only because Nathanael hardly fits in it, his legs are so big! We have to push his legs into the leg holes, and then when we pick him up, the Bumbo comes with him, so we have to pull it off. Oh, and our dogs just love it when he's in the Bumbo because he's at just the right height for licking him to death. He seems to get a kick out of it too, as he's all smiles when he's getting slobbered up. :haha: Its also funny that my DS1 still fits in the Bumbo, no problem, and he loves to tease us by going in it.

Silver_Penny - that's hilarious! Alora's legs have to be pushed into the slots too! :haha: And my oldest daughter still fits in the bumbo aswell! But Alora has these really chubby legs! The rest of her is pretty "average" but her legs are HUGE!
I laughed at your comment when you pick him up, the bumbo comes with him... I know that ALL too well! :rofl:
And that's awesome that he loves the dogs. We don't have any pets right now but I'm trying to convince hubby to get a cat or dog. I've always had pets my entire life so not having any right now feels strange. But I've been so busy with a new baby and toddler, I didn't bother getting one... but now that things are easier, I am missing having a furball around. And I just know my girls would love it!

Yeah, I don't know if I could live without amy animals. We've got 4 dogs, a cat, three goats, two horses, and a turkey. We had chickens and ducks, but they are no longer around. We are hoping to get some more chickens soon, as soon as we get a better place for them. So, yeah, I couldn't imagine life without animals!

Hi guys, I'm back! Leo's recovered from his cough and cold and so have his mummy and daddy who he decided to share his germs with!!!! Fun times! Took him to be weighed today and the HV asked me how I was weaning him. I said baby led weaning she said fine come back in 4 weeks so we can monitor how it's going. He'll be 24 weeks then so 2weeks shy of 6months -don't think she really understood it!!!! Lol!

On the putting to bed thing, Leo generally goes down sleepy (very sleepy) but finishes off the job himself as it means he doesn't wake me as much in the night. It's good stuff. I'd recommend the no cry sleep solution as it's fab with loads of suggestions as to how to help your baby sleep better even if you co sleep (which I do part time!)

On another note, is someone pregnant again? If so congratulations.

LOL silver penny. That sounds so cute. We have lots of pets too 1 dog 3 cats. The dog loves Anna and vice versa. The cats dont really like her sporadic movements. I love goats and would have one if we had a bigger yard. Do you use the goats milk?

Starsunshine....Laura is pregnant again :) Someone else is too!

We went to baby massage today which was really good, when I put Tristan on his belly (which he usually screams after 2 seconds) he rolled onto his side for the first time!! :yipee: He got stuck on his arm then and screamed but it's a start! :mrgreen:

Lovely to see so many bumpkins doing well!

Grrrr... this weaning lark is all too confusing to me! I've had 3 children already, successfully weaned them and are all doing well (except DD#3 who suffers with quite bad asthma), so you'd think I'd know what to do by now right??????

Wrong!

My little madam has to have butter/cream/cream cheese/olive oil added to all her foods, and when she can have finger foods, she's allowed (in fact - encouraged) to have fried chips/fish fingers/sausages etc etc :saywhat: Seriously, people look at me as if I'm mad, but I've seen the dietician, and even been given a leaflet stating the above!!!!!

So, yesterday she had carrot, swede, parsnip, sweet potato and butter for tea! and today she's got broccoli, cauliflower & cream cheese! For pudding she's having various fruit with cream :haha:

On another note, we took her swimming and she absolutely loved it!! She was wearing an extra warm wetsuit (looked like her pj's!) and she managed 45mins without going blue!

She's also managed to sit up on her own for a whole......................... 11 seconds today :happydance: (before she realised I wasn't holding her and she toppled to the side!)

Does anyone have any recommendations on amber necklaces/bracelets etc? Looking into one for madam, but wanted some reviews first!!

Hope everyone's ok?? xxxxxxxxxxxx

dino daisy have some really nice amber teething necklaces, and they are well rated :) i got mine from ebay though :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->