****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

I've been making and freezing all my baby food myself. I've tried Alora on sweet potatoes and carrots and she doesn't seem fond of either. :nope:
I'm going to try apples tonight and see how that goes. :shrug: She's been a little constipated since starting solids so maybe some fruit will help. And if she likes apples, I will just mix some veggies in with it. :haha: Sneaky Mommy.

And she cut her first tooth today! :shock: At only 4.5 months, I was very surprised! But it's definitely there!

Wow, that's early! When did Kyree cut her first tooth? Do you have early teethers? I ask because my DS1 was a late teether and am wondering if I should expect the same with DS2. DS1 didnt get his first tooth until 9 months, it was nice. I didn't have to worry about the nipple biting as much with him!

Kyree got her first tooth around 5.5 months, so Alora was a little bit earlier but both of them teethed fairly early. From what I've HEARD from other mommies, second babies do tend to get teeth earlier than first born babies (I have NO idea why?) but not drastically earlier in comparison. ;)

Anna cut her first tooth yesterday. YAy! and she did a push up everything was off the ground except her toes and hands. We also started Anna on solids but I am backing off a bit as she has been having tummy problems.

MommyKC- we are making our own baby food too. Its nice to know what exactly is in their food.

I make Tristan's food too :)

I made Potatoe, Courgette and Watercress Puree and Sweet Potatoe, Pea and Leek Puree the other day :) He likes them alot!

Tristan's still teeting and still no teeth, bless him :(

Had him weighed yesterday....15lb 15oz :D

Alora was weighed on Monday and she's 16lbs 5oz! :) Healthy girl.

Yeah I'm backing off on solids a bit too. The only thing Alora likes is her cereal, everything else she gags on or just cries. So I will keep giving her the one bowl of cereal per day but I think I will wait a while before giving her veggies/fruit again. It's just too much of a fight to get her to eat any, and I shouldn't have to force her. :nope:
Besides, from what I can remember, I gave Kyree just cereal for the first month or so of her being on solids before trying anything else, and she ate other stuff easier since it was later on. So maybe I just need to be patient. :shrug:

BB - I will definitely try pear and spinach for Alora once I get going on the fruits and veggies again. Thank you! :D

Kyree got her first tooth around 5.5 months, so Alora was a little bit earlier but both of them teethed fairly early. From what I've HEARD from other mommies, second babies do tend to get teeth earlier than first born babies (I have NO idea why?) but not drastically earlier in comparison. ;)

Would three months earlier be considered drastic? :haha: Found Nathanael's first pearly white is cutting through and he's 6 months tomorrow! I guess he just wants to be like his big brother, except faster and fatter :dohh: :haha:

:haha: Well, they say second-born children usually do everything faster (crawl, walk, talk, etc)? Must be true for teeth too! :rofl:

Aww bless her kate hope the teeth dont cause her too much trouble i was shocked when chloe got her 1st two, t 4months 1day and 4months 2days

I hope Rose's teeth come in soon... she's been screetching and hollering a lot the last few days! She is going to bed at 7:30 or earlier though which is AMAZING cause she sleeps through the night!! :D

Wow Jules, the screeching part isn't fun but YAY for her sleeping all night! :thumbup:

Yay for sleeping! :)

Just thought I'd share some pictures :D

Attachments

• IMGP1458.jpg
    IMGP1458.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP1461.jpg
    IMGP1461.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMGP1422.jpg
    IMGP1422.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 8
  • IMGP1424.jpg
    IMGP1424.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
He's such a beautiful boy! Thanks for sharing! :)

I am joining our local roller derby league and my gear arrived today!! I am SOOO excited!!

BB - Very handsome little man you have there! :cloud9: And Im totally jealous that it's warm enough over there that you can take him out in a stroller with just a coat on! It's still so darn cold over here, Ugh. :(

Jules - Sounds fun! :)

Sounds fun Jules! :)

Kate it's gone dull now :( England is a tease! It gives you a few days where it's warm enough to wear flip flops etc and then it goes dull again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->