****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Me being an older mom we decided to go ahead and scratch the "itch" Beau was due 10/14/2010 and this baby is due 10/14/2011. We have older children that are close in age and are looking forward to these 2 being close in age as well.....

Going_Crazy - I can only imagine how hard it is for you, to have your little girl go through all those surgeries. :( But what a strong little fighter you have! And she does look so happy, probably because she has an awesome Mommy. ;)
So what kind of prognosis is there with heart disease? Do you have to follow any special diet or watch out for anything in particular? Sorry to be nosey. :blush: I'm just curious.

Wantabelly - That is super exciting! Trust me, I would have TONNES of kids if I could have afforded it and hubby would have been willing. Ah well, such is life! :shrug:

aww that must be lovely having them due the same day imagin if they were born on the same day have you have your scan yet hun?

MommyKC -
Maddison has 3 heart defects. To put it plainly, her 2 tubes are the wrong way round, she has a large hole in her heart and one of the tubes is no good......
They are saying her outlook is "fair", but also, with every open heart surgery, there carries huge risks (going on the bypass machine has the biggest risk :() - I don't think anyone can say for sure what the future holds :sad1:
Her diet is a learning curve for me..... She is on special high calorie milk, and when I give her solids, I have to add butter/cheese/cream/oil etc to it to boost the calories. We have even been told that after 6 months, we should start to offer her fried finger foods!!!
As you can imagine, it's a bit bizzare, as I would never have done anything like this with my older girls!!
Maddison often turns blue or has trouble breathing, and at first it was really scary, but now it's become a way of life and although it's still scary, we know what's going on and we don't panic quite so much!
Her next surgery will be when she is around 1yr old, and I'm not looking forward to that one bit :cry:, although I know she will be in the best hands.

To look at her, you would never know she is so seriously ill! She has hit all her milestones so far (she finds sitting hard though as it makes her puff) and I just hope and pray she will continue to amaze us.

Sorry for the ramble!!

Wantabelly - Congrats! I didn't even know you were expecting again :happydance:

She's an amazing little girl to go through so much with a smile! I hope and pray for every surgery to be a success and every surgery to help her feel better!

Awww, well bless her. Thank you for the info. :hugs: I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :( But she has been so strong already, I'm sure she will continue to amaze you and fight through this for many, MANY years to come!

It sounds like she has amazing support to help her along the way too. :)

sorrty you have to go through all that crazy. It sounds really hard to do but you sound like a very strong woman. and if its whats best for her then the stuff like diet has to be done :hugs:

Happy mothers day everyone.
I'm one lucky mummy, i got an adult expander bangle (like the kids ones but bigger) with mummy on, a locket with mummy on, a game for the wii i wanted for ages, and chocolates and flowers and a card off both her and my DH. I also got breakfast in bed, and we have been out for a meal with chloe dh, dh mum, my mum, and my 2 sisters and their kids had a lovely time

Glad you had a wonderful mother's day! Happy mother's day to all you UK mummies! It's mother's day in May for Canada. :)

Happy Mothers Day everyone. Sorry i've not been in here for a while. Had a lovely mothers day here with my two gorgeous girls. :cloud9: Hope you all enjoyed yours.

xxx

Yes, Happy Mothers Day to you ladies across the pond! :D

Rose is wearing her first cloth diaper! Just trying out some flats with covers to see how it goes. I am hating the flats though!! I'm sure once I get used to them it will get easier though... I hope!

im using aio or pocketed most btp 1st one arriuved today :D

I'm going with the cheapy flats at the moment, till I have some extra money to buy the other kinds. (Gotta see how much the dentist will cost me this month first!) I just changed her first diaper and it was completely soaked through to the cover! The cover held great though and no leaks! I just know I'll be going through a ton of flats all day! I will try finding some doublers though!

how much do they cost you hun, some chepie btp pocket cost about £5 each on ebay if you can get something similar there.
My post vn brought me another two packets :yipee:

I got a pack of 6 flats for about $12 Canadian and the covers are $9 each. I looove the taffeta covers! Also got some snappis ordered to hold the flats shut easier but my problem is Rose is a heavy wetter so she soaks right through to the cover super fast!

aww chloe isnt super wet so we should be alrigth. i cant wait to try my 1st few out :D

going_crazy, that's sounds hard but it also sounds like your coping well :)

I went for another fishy pedicure today and had my hands done too! Tristan had a go aswell :) He ended up grabbing a fish and throwing it on the floor!! :lol:

Attachments

• IMGP1531.jpg
    IMGP1531.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
whoops was the fish ok? did you have to pay for tristan or did they just let him have a go?

Look at the videos on my Facebook Kate :)

Phillippa they lady said just to roll up his sleeve and dip his hand in for a piccy! Hubby is not impressed! :( The fish is luckily ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->