****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

im going for a food shop late will def get some then as she cries every time she coughs bless her

If your LO has got a dry cough, you can get a cough suppressant, but if they have got a cough that is producing phlegm (yuck!) then make sure you get a cough expectorant.

The difference being it's not a good idea to try and stop a cough when it is productive - like when it is clearing mucus from the chest!

Maddison has got a horrid cough at the mo, and she's on red card status at our local hospital! Great!

Other than that, I am loving this weather....... Go my washing hanging out, been in the garden with Maddison and am going to take the dog for a walk in a while! Makes everything seem so much happier when the sun is out!

BB - I can see why Tristan came second.... he is a stunner! :D

Hope everyone else is good? xxxxx

Aww, hope the babies not feeling well get better soon! I'm dreading Rose's first cold or flu! The flu is going around here right now for a lot of kids, my cousin's baby is in the hospital right now with it. :( We're not vaccinated for it so I get a bit paranoid! I didn't feel okay about getting the shot while I was pregnant and I don't think Rose is old enough yet. Plus everyone I know that has had the flu shot still ends up getting the flu!

aww i hope she is feeling better soon crazy. chloes is def a dry cough not bringing anything up buts its really huring her got her some bendrill cough stuff in apple flavor and one dose has done the trick. (i hate cough medication when i have a cough hate the taste but i would prob use this if i a ever got a cough smells lovely)

Plus everyone I know that has had the flu shot still ends up getting the flu!

Perfect reason to just never bother putting that crap in your body! Make sure shes getting her vitamin D instead. :)

Aww I hope the sick babies feel better soon. :(

Aurora - I agree - I don't get the flu shot and neither do my girls. :nope: I get them their regular vaccines but that's it. I don't trust the flu shots at ALL, they clearly don't work! Virus' are constantly changing, how effective can a shot really be against it? :shrug:

BB - Aww what a handsome guy you have there! And 2nd place? Thats amazing, though not surprising. ;) Do you get anything for him coming in 2nd???

Alora hasn't been sick yet either :blush: *knock on wood*... I'm dreading when she gets sick because I'm sure my toddler will get sick too, and I can imagine how much fun that will be! :roll:

Brunettebimbo, can you tell me how you made those potato wedges for tristan again? ive forgotten and would love to make them for chloe

Thought it would be fun to see where everyone is at with their babies!!

Within the week:

Height:
Weight:
Can Roll from front to back:
Can Roll From Back to front:
Can sit unassisted:
Baby foods:
Can crawl/scoot:
Babbles:
Giggles:
Raspberries:
Favorite toy:
Favorite Song:
Sleeps through the night:
Sleeps in crib:
How often eat/how much:

CURRENT BABY PIC!:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's mine! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa Wray

Height: 27.5 Inches
Weight: 19.8 Pounds
Can Roll from front to back: Not quite, sometimes
Can Roll From Back to front: CONSTANTLY Drives me nuts sometimes when I'm trying to change her diaper lol.
Can sit unassisted: Depends on her mood lol
Baby foods: she LOVES Apples and Green Beans
Can crawl/scoot: She scooted backwards across the room once
Babbles: NO :(
Giggles: ALOT now :)
Raspberries: Always raspberrying
Favorite toy: Jumper
Favorite Song: ABC's
Sleeps through the night: Slept 8 hours last night for the first time ever!
Sleeps in crib: Just started to last week! :)
How often eat/how much: 5oz Every 3 hours

CURRENT BABY PIC!:

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2
Phillippa I just cut a potatoe into wedge shapes and drizzle a little olive oil and put them into the oven. I cut the ends off before giving him them as they can be quite sharp.

Good idea LilDreamy :)

Height: He's never been measured, I've just done it he's 24 inch.
Weight: He was 15lb 15oz on 15th March
Can Roll from front to back: Yes
Can Roll From Back to front: Nearly!
Can sit unassisted: Only for a few seconds because he is lazy, he sits up well in his highchair though.
Baby foods: He loves anything! His favourite so far is pear and potatoe wedges.
Can crawl/scoot: He has a nack of scooting on his back and can get pretty far!
Babbles: Always!
Giggles: Yep :)
Raspberries: Yep, including whilst feeding! :lol:
Favorite toy: A dog that has rattles, crinkles, teether etc on it, attaches to car seat and pram.
Favorite Song: Rhianna - Only Girl :rofl:
Sleeps through the night: Nope, never has! :(
Sleeps in crib: Yes he ahs been in his own room in his cot since 19 weeks
How often eat/how much: He breastfeeds when he wants,which is often alot and he has 3 meals including puddings!

CURRENT BABY PIC!:
P010411_08.08.jpg

height:28.5 inches
weight: 21lbs 10 oz
Can Roll from front to back: yup
Can Roll From Back to front: yes, but doesn't like to do it much
Can sit unassisted: sure can, for a couple minutes
Baby foods: doing BLW, he loves asparagus, broccoli, and refried beans :dohh:
Can crawl/scoot: he scoots, mostly while he's on his back. I also find him doing circles :haha:
Babbles: constantly!
Giggles:yes, and full on belly laughs, especially for his brother
Raspberries: yes, part of his babbling!
Favorite toy: either a rattle or the dog
Favorite Song: 10 little monkeys
Sleeps through the night: nope, but neither does my 21 month old
Sleeps in crib: nope, we have a family bed
How often eat/how much: whenever he wants, as he's bf'd. he has food whenever he grabs at it

Height: No idea, he has never been measured but he is long
Weight: 16lb 12oz at 26 weeks
Can Roll from front to back: almost
Can Roll From Back to front: yup
Can sit unassisted: yup
Baby foods: BLW and he hasn't turned his nose up at anything yet, he LOVES banana the most
Can crawl/scoot: he wriggles about but generally just goes in circles
Babbles: yup
Giggles: yup
Raspberries: just
Favorite toy: anything noisy!
Favorite Song: I love rock n roll by Joan Jett & the blackheads and anything by bon jovi
Sleeps through the night: nope, he has allergies that give him alot of tummy cramps that wake him :(
Sleeps in crib: yup
How often eat/how much: breastfed on demand

CURRENT BABY PIC!:
DSC02571.jpg
DSC02663.jpg

Height: Around 26" I believe
Weight: Nearly 17lbs
Can Roll From Back to front: Not yet, she just goes side to side, but she's close
Can sit unassisted: Not yet, she is strong though if I hold her
Baby foods: Well shes had different kinds but her favourite seems to be carrots and sweet potatoes, and sometimes pear.
Can crawl/scoot: Not really but she spins in circles constantly
Babbles: ALL the time :)
Giggles: Sometimes, especially when I tickle her
Raspberries: She loves blowing raspberries
Favorite toy: Sophie the Giraffe (teether)
Favorite Song: All of them
Sleeps through the night: Usually, she does wake 1-3 times for her soother though
Sleeps in crib: Yep, since Day 1 :)
How often eat/how much: She has four bottles per day, 3 are 6oz and she has an 8oz before bed. She has cereal in the morning, fruit for lunch and veggie at suppertime. :)

CURRENT BABY PIC!:

DSC04450.jpg

Height: Measurement from a little over 2 weeks ago - just over 26 inches
Weight: From 2 weeks ago - 21.3 lbs
Can Roll from front to back: Not yet! She's getting close though!
Can Roll From Back to front: Almost!
Can sit unassisted: Yep and getting better all the time! She sat on her own for a very long time today!
Baby foods: She loves carrots (her favorite!), squash, peas, bananas, pears, apples, sweet potato
Can crawl/scoot: She likes to scoot down when she lies on her back.
Babbles: Tons!
Giggles: Almost constantly! Her favorite is me pretending I'm gonna eat her foot, blowing raspberries on her belly, and peek-a-boo!
Raspberries: A little bit
Favorite toy: Her huffalump blanket
Favorite Song: Anything by Green Day or The Ramones, lol
Sleeps through the night: Yep, but sometimes wakes up after an hour or so for a little to eat.
Sleeps in crib: Yes, but the crib is in our room with us.
How often eat/how much: She has a fruit and a veggie in the morning, some oat cereal for lunch, then another fruit and veggie. Once ounce of each kind. She will have 1 or 2 bottles about 8oz each and breastfeed in between. Seems like a lot, but she's a big kid!

Recent picture of my baby girl:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/juless231/P3180119.jpg

Height: 25"
Weight: 17lbs
Can Roll From Back to front: Just did it today!
Can sit unassisted: For short periods of time
Baby foods: He loves food, every kind I've given him, he likes orange foods like squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots
Can crawl/scoot: Go in circles and scoot
Babbles: ALL the time
Giggles: Yup, the cutest giggle
Raspberries: With bubbles
Favorite toy: Toy Tiger
Favorite Song: Octopus Garden By The Beatles
Sleeps through the night: Nope he likes to breastfeed about 4 times a night
Sleeps in crib: Sometimes I try
How often eat/how much: Eats a vegetable and a fruit everyday and Breastfeed ondemand and Supplement sometimes with formula.

CURRENT BABY PIC!:
https://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/210384_10150148992899736_706134735_6359857_4896816_o-1.jpghttps://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/201625_10150148932819736_706134735_6359393_5795397_o-1.jpg

Your babies are lovely!

Height: 65cm
Weight: 17lbs 3oz
Can Roll from front to back: Yes she doesnt do much tummy time now as just rolls
Can Roll From Back to front: Yes but rolls back again really quickly
Can sit unassisted: Yes we sit and play together on the floor with her toys and she sits for 30 plus mins
Baby foods: Purees, brocclie, sweede, sweet pot, cucumber, rusk, carrots and more
Can crawl/scoot: she moves in a circle when lying on her back
Babbles: Constantly especially when out in the pram
Giggles: Yes really well especially when me and DH are laughing
Raspberries: Yes very cute other than when shes eating
Favorite toy: Her teach time triangle, and her stacking bricks as she likes to knock them over
Favorite Song: Nursery rhymes (any)
Sleeps through the night: Yes 12hours normally about 8-8
Sleeps in crib: She is in her cot but inside her moses basket to get her used to it
How often eat/how much: On demand with breastfeeding and 2meals at lunch and dinner including a pudding
Current piccie (to me this doesnt look like a baby smile of someone her age but sooo cute :cloud9: )

Attachments

• CIMG4348.jpg
    CIMG4348.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 12
October Bumpkins are so cute:)
Look at her teeth Phillippa!! Bless

Looks like I have a short baby :lol:

October Bumpkins are so cute:)
Look at her teeth Phillippa!! Bless

Looks like I have a short baby :lol:

Im tempted to get a big print of it and get it framed i love it that much. I really couldnt beleive it that i got that on camera, 1st time she ever done a smile like that. I was getting one of her in her cloth bum, and she just did that smile as i said her name while holding cam and i got that pic :thumbup:

i only used them yesterday as only have 4 postie needs to bring me some more :D
I found them really good i had litterly just put her in her 1st one when i got that pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->