****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

A doctor actually told you that you would never take her home??? :shock:
Wow, talk about reassuring! :dohh:

But what a strong little fighter you have! I bet you're a very proud Mommy! :cloud9:

We're doing good over here... except I've caught a cold. :( First the stomach bug, now a cold... apparently I can catch everything but a break! I'm pretty tired, I can't seem to sleep. :nope:

Hope you feel better soon MommyKC :hugs:
And yes, when M was born, the NICU doctor told us to "prepare for the worse" and that she "probably won't be going home". We've since found out that he isn't a cardiac doctor and he had no right telling us that!!

Hope you get some rest/sleep soon x x x

Wow! Rose got her first tooth! It's exciting, but sad to see her so uncomfortable tonight - she just didn't want to settle to sleep!

Yay for 1st tooth Juless.

Sorry i havent been on much ladies on wednesday i was rushed into hospital with right side abdomen pain. They tried to say it was gynological which i tried to explain it wasnt as im under them for other things after having chloe as many of you know.

Well thursday at abour 2pm i go an ultrasound scan even thought i was promised the scan would be 1st thing thursday morning, my appendix was enlarged and no gynoclogy problems, but they said this couldnt be 100% accurate and wanted to do a laperoscopy to see if my appendix needed removing i didnt get this op until 4pm on friday (between wedneday evening and friday when they did the op not even morphine was getting rid of my pain, they said i wasnt a priority) Well in the laperocsopy op my appendix was very swollen so it was removed my keyhole surgery. Luckly after the surgery the morphine actually started to work.

The whole time i was in hopsital chloe was with me and so was DH we were in a side room, and DH had to be with me as another adult had to be there 24/7 incase i took a turn for the worse. My care in hopsital was appaling having to puut a formal complaint in.
Im home now got discharged 9am on satuarday left hospital 4pm satuarday.

I had to go to minor injuriges yesterday as glue came off my biggest wound and left it open, they sorted it out for me and also found out i shouldnt have been let out of hospital until sunday (48hours after my op not, not even 24 hours after the op) and i also had morphine satuarday morning which would have been masking my pain when i want home, so im actually in more pain today than i was when i left hospital.

Hope everyone else and their babies are ok.

Oh man, mummytochloe, that sounds awful! I hope you recover quickly and good for you putting a complaint in!

Yes i definightly will be they left me in pain for that long telling me i wasnt a priority i was nil by mouth for 52 hours proberly more and i needed to be able to feed chloe as she wont take a bottle.
The 1st 2 dayss before my op, when the morophine wasnt working i didnt see the point in having it just for it to go into chloe system and it was making me realyl sick to, well i said no to a 3rd dose but they gave me 1 anyway. Also about 10 times it took more that 30mins to answer buzzer. thursday they didnt keep other paid refilef up to date (made me wait 2 and 1/2 hours at one point)

Wow thats awful hun. :(
I'm sorry you went through all of that and I hope you feel better ASAP. So how did you manage to keep BFing Chloe through all that???
You are one tough cookie! :hugs:

going_grazy I want to slap the "Doctor" for you! :growlmad:

Phillippa that really sucks! Hope your ok :hugs:

Tristan still has no bloody teeth but is still teething! :(

I've finally caught him sat up on aided on camera! He's a little monkey, he won't do it for long, as soon as he realises you've let go he throws himself down!

Has anyone reached the screeching stage? Tristan's is ear piercing! :lol: He can be chattering away and next minute he lets out an ear piercing scream then carrys on chattering away! :rofl:

Attachments

• P240411_07.08.jpg
    P240411_07.08.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 5
We have a tooth! finally! poor Little Man has suffered hugely these past 3 weeks and even ended up with a blood blister over his gum :( but yesterday the first corner of it finally broke the skin :)

Has anyone reached the screeching stage? Tristan's is ear piercing! :lol: He can be chattering away and next minute he lets out an ear piercing scream then carrys on chattering away! :rofl:

Oh yes!!! Sophia is the master at it, its hilarious! Had to close the back door yesterday for fear the neighbours would report us as it wasn't just Sophia screeching, Bella was screeching back at her making it into a game so there was no stopping them at that point! So hard not to encourage them by laughing though! :blush:

Philippa that's awful hun, really hope you recover soon now you're out and you get somewhere with your complaint. Big :hugs:

Hope you girls and all the babes are well, so sorry for not getting on here much, my laptop's been out of action but my OH has finally fixed it for me!!! :happydance:

xxx

:rofl: I sometimes think the same Charlie! O and the fact that he has now taken to screaming and getting hysterical everytime I leave the room :(

Buttonnose that's great! :) Wish Tristan's would hurry up and stop hurting him!

Rose seems so much more content now that the tooth is finally through! A lot less drooling now too! She can finally wear clothes that don't have to constantly be covered by bibs!

Jules and Buttonnose - Yay for first teeth!! :yipee:

Mummytochloe - That is an appalling way to be treated, and definately get a complaint into writing asap..... I hope you are starting to feel better now? It sound like you had an awful time :hugs:

BB - Well done Tristan for sitting unaided!! :happydance: Sounds fun with the screeching.... he's giving his vocal chords some exercise :haha:

Maddison is showing no signs of any teeth, and I don't think she's teething either :confused: She's still a happy, content baby (who is crap at eating and putting on weight - but that's nothing new!!) She'll probably have her birthday before she has any teeth :rofl:

xxxx

I am so blooming excited!!

I wanted too do Little Man a Peter Rabbit nursery when we move into out new house but I gave up the dream because the peter rabbit stuff is so expensive and I couldn't justify the expense (£138 for just 1 set of bedding). So we decided too go for a jungle theme but I wasn't really feeling it, then last night I decided too look one last time for the peter rabbit stuff and found a website with a voucher too get it for £49.99!

Little Man is getting his Peter Rabbit nursery after all yay!!!

Wow thats awful hun. :(
I'm sorry you went through all of that and I hope you feel better ASAP. So how did you manage to keep BFing Chloe through all that???
You are one tough cookie! :hugs:

TBH i really dont know how i managed to keep feeding her, from wednesday when i 1st got the pain and including now it huts my tummy/abdomen very time a fed her. its kinda worse now as well as i have to be really careful of my wounds and she has a habbit of kneeing me when im feeding.
I do think its really taking it out of me, as i am still not eating properly as my belly is so swallon it hurts to eat much and i feel to tired and sick with the tablets im on, however some how my body is still producing milk, about the only thing it is still doing. Everyone says im looking awfully thin especially round my face ect, im guessign thatr will not be eating normally in 1week.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, hopefully in next few days i will feel better, ment to be going to the zoo on thursday, so ive rented a wheelchair hoping i will be well enought to at least be pushed around in that.

Yay for all the babies with teeth, its so nice to see alot more babies gettign teeth, chloe is getting her 5th and 6th through atm i think, her 2nd top one is able to be seen buut not quite broken the surface and that 6th on is another bottom one, which is going really sharp under the gum just like other have before they broke through.

And chloe does the screaming thing, but hers is whens shes content, she scremas goooo and arrrrh in a really high pitched way but its so cute.

:yipee: for the peter rabbit theme room, i absolultly love peter rabbit, chloe's got all the books i handed down to her (i had them as a baby) and she got brought all the new baby and chirstening set in peter rabbit :D

Phillippa - I hope your recovery goes quickly and you feel back to normal ASAP! :(

Both my girls have done that screeching thing when they were small (Kyree still does it sometimes as she thinks its funny! :dohh:). It is hard not to laugh because they seem to enjoy it and get a kick out of how loud they can be! :haha:

buttonnose- YAY for finding a great deal on the peter rabbit bedding! :yipee:

Ali is teething again too. She's been grumpy (which isn't like her) and drooling like crazy, I keep checking her gums to see if any more have popped out and none yet... but I have a feeling they will soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->