****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Buttonnose did you try that Aloe Vera I suggested? It's really cleared up Tristans :)

Lovely pictures Jules :)

Is anyone elses babies "saying" words? I swear Tristan says Baba! I know he won't know he's saying it but it's so cute! He started it yesterday!

BB I am really tempted but also scared too because everything we use seems too sting so badly and he is reacting too so many lotions & creams I am worried about trying something else ..... does that make sense?

Aww poor little man! I hope he gets a cream that works for him. :(
I've always had pretty bad eczema on my hands, the only thing that helps is oatmeal-based creams or hydrocortizone (sp?) creams. :(

we use both of those and neither are working :(

Yeh I know what you mean, I'm not sure, would it sting, it's just Aloe Vera?

I have very sensitive skin and growing up Aloe Vera was sometimes the only thing that didn't sting. It doesn't have any chemicals or anything in it (at least it shouldn't!) so it might be worth a try? Maybe if it comes right from the plant? I would ask your doctor and see what they think. It might even be good just to soothe him when he's extra sore.

BB im gonna sound mad now but i swear the other day lewis said chicken lmao he has got a little chicken teddy and he loves it i was saying chicken over and over and he made a noise that sounded just like it :) i cant wait to hear him talk i always wonder what his voice will sound like hehe

Aww cute! :)

Buttonnose I took Tristan to the Doctors today as the dry patches are popping up all over his body, he said it is very mild baby eczema and gave him a low dose cream of hydrocortisone that we are to use for 2 weeks at the most and doublebase gel.

Here's videos of Tristan saying Baba :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz4cKHm_orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2JVVdAdcC8

double base is fab hun, what you can do with it is put it on thick all over his body before putting him in the bath, this protects his skin from the water (water dry's the skin out more) then you use it as a soap when washing it off :)

we have used hydrocortisone for about 4 months now and he has just been put onto a strong steroid cream instead because the hydrocortisone isn't working for him :(

god I am EXHAUSTED today, I just want too curl up and go too sleep

BB - Tristan is adorable! :cloud9:

Buttonnose - I know the feeling. I feel pretty exhausted almost everyday! :haha:

My little girl is 6 months today, already! :shock: Time flies by that's for sure!

So cute BB, thats how Jasmine started then progressed to DaDa :) she's stubborn though and wont say Mama!!

I've been feeling so tired lately (more than usual!) I've put it down to the assignments I'm trying to write in the evening once she's gone to bed but I do an hour and I've had enough! Doesnt help when I log onto here instead either....

Bumble i know it could be the assingments but do you breastfed or anything could your iron levels be low as that always makes me feel really tired.

Cute video BB :D

happy 6months alora :flower:

Anyone else dreading going back to work?
I'm really working myself up over it :cry:

I aint going back to work but going to uni in september and even thought im really looking forward to it im dreading leaving her and i get a bit worked up about that too :(

She's got another top tooth thats her 6th tooth :shock:

We had to stop using them for a bit whiel i was in hospital as just couldnt keep up, but other than that its going really well thanks getting a right stack of them now :D and i know she will have a full set by 1 at this rate

ooo great!

real nappy week is soon (next week or 2) so there will be loads of nappy offers on websites selling them so keep an eye out!

Oh i didnt know thats will def keep my eye out want to add about another 5 or 10 to collection :D

have you had a look too see if your local council does an incentive scheme??

some councils, like mine, give you money back, for our council if you spend £50 on nappies they give you £30 back

so worth looking into!

Yes we have got one we have sent away fr if we spent 50 we get 25 back just waiting for it back now :D then will use that 25 to add a few more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->