• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Yes, we always said we wanted it like that but with his comments and the way im feelign now im not sure if it will end up the way we said :haha: we always said 6years ish between 1st and 2nd then a year or 2 between 2nd and 3rd (if we have a 3rd)
Things are set to try us. yes one one my sisters has 4 they are all quite close together though, 8,7,5 and 4

Wow, good for you ladies! Right after I had Kyree, I felt like I never wanted another baby. :blush: I loved having her but I was so tired, hormonal, stressed, sore... I didn't want to go through it again ANY time soon. I started to get the "itch" when she was around 8 months old... that was when I wanted another baby. And it drove me INSANE until I got pregnant again, 6 months later! :haha:

I always knew that I wanted my children close together.... mine will be almost 2 years apart which is perfect for me. :D Six years would be too much for me, but everyone has their reasons and their plans! :) But a 6-yr age difference, they wouldn't have anything in common and would never really be able to play together. But on the upside, one would be in school and you could spend more time with the new baby.
This is my last baby though... even if I get that urge again to have another, which I'm sure I will... this is our last. Financially, we always agreed on two kids. So once this pregnancy is over... it's over... and that makes me sad, as much as I want her here... it bothers me too, to think in another week I will never experience these little wiggles inside of me again. :(

Wow, good for you ladies! Right after I had Kyree, I felt like I never wanted another baby. :blush: I loved having her but I was so tired, hormonal, stressed, sore... I didn't want to go through it again ANY time soon. I started to get the "itch" when she was around 8 months old... that was when I wanted another baby. And it drove me INSANE until I got pregnant again, 6 months later! :haha:

I always knew that I wanted my children close together.... mine will be almost 2 years apart which is perfect for me. :D Six years would be too much for me, but everyone has their reasons and their plans! :) But a 6-yr age difference, they wouldn't have anything in common and would never really be able to play together. But on the upside, one would be in school and you could spend more time with the new baby.
This is my last baby though... even if I get that urge again to have another, which I'm sure I will... this is our last. Financially, we always agreed on two kids. So once this pregnancy is over... it's over... and that makes me sad, as much as I want her here... it bothers me too, to think in another week I will never experience these little wiggles inside of me again. :(

:hugs: kate it must be really hard. Thats why me and DH have said 3 max due to finace if you have a 4th you have to get bigger car ect and thats just for a start. But they say neve say never as you never know whats going to happen. As they say no contraception is 100% effective.

I was just talking to my mom today and I told her I'm not sure if I want another one, at first I wanted to wait at least 3yrs now I look at my little boy and just want to have him forever and having just him was fine with me, but OH is already wanting to know when we want the next one. Just wait though he'll get a bit older and I'm gonna want another.

Congrats Kay and bumbleberry! Hope your little ones are doing well! Congrats Serenity on the engagement! What an exciting year for you, you're going to be very busy organising a wedding and dealing with bambino! lol.
xo

Phillippa - It's true, you should never really say never... but after this baby, my hubby will be getting a vasectomy so it really will be 100% effective. ;) I would love to have tonnes of kids, but in today's world it's just not affordable. :(

Casey - My hubby was the same, when I was pregnant with my first, he actually kept talking about trying for #2... and I kept telling him to SLOW down since our first wasn't even here yet. :haha: But once I had the baby, he wasn't sure he wanted any more children. :shrug: Which surprised me, but babies are alot of work so I did get it... but I didnt mind that he wasn't sure because I wasnt sure either... but once I did decide I wanted another, it took me a few months of passive nagging (okay maybe not so passive :rofl:) to get him to come around and agree to try for baby #2. But I'm SOOO glad he did change his mind. I cannot wait to have both of my girls. :cloud9:

OH and congrats Serenity...forgot to say that earlier! :)

I thought after my first son i would NEVER have another baby, I was actually traumatised by my three day labour and was shocked at how bad the pain was. I knew it was going to be sore but not THAT sore :haha: But by the time my little man was just over 2 I started to feel that longing for another baby. Got pregnant and was delighted to find out it was identical twin girls, but that wasn't meant to be as I lost one of my precious little girls when I was 6 months pregnant. So after that pregnancy I decided there was no way I was having another baby, I couldn't go through something as emotionally painful again, it was like my heart was being ripped out and I ended up with PND. Then when the pain eased, after a couple of years I got broody again and along came DS 2. This time I got seriously broody and down because my youngest DS went off to nursery and is starting school next year and I desperately wanted another baby. I said that was definetely it, no more babies, four was enough, but like you said the thought of not feeling those little wiggles and going through the joy of it all upsets me :cry: Think I would probably have a job convincing my fiancee though because he just had to buy a new car to accomodate this baby, think the next step up would be a minibus :haha: No but seriously I don't honestly know if I will have another, my head is telling me one thing my heart another and financially we would most likely struggle, my fiancee works two jobs as it is so as I can be at home for the children xx

:hugs: kate it must be really hard. Thats why me and DH have said 3 max due to finace if you have a 4th you have to get bigger car ect and thats just for a start. But they say neve say never as you never know whats going to happen. As they say no contraception is 100% effective.

Ha ha, that's what we just had to do, get a bigger car. Bigger car means more expense on petrol, more expense on road tax and the initial cost of buying the car. We traded in the old car but would still have had to put the rest of the car on finance, but my MIL paid off the rest of it and now we are paying her back instead

mummyKC there's a six year age gap between me and my brother and we get along really well always have! I'm going to have at least one more, maybe a 3rd depending on if hubby gets a pay upgrade! But mine will be fairly close together bout 2yrs age gap between 1st and 2nd.

Hiya everyone Lexi-Marie was born 21st oct at 10.59pm weighing 8lbs 2ozs, at 5 days she weighed 8lbs 3ozs and todays weighs 8lbs 6 ozs, she had a big growth spurt and wow i can feel the weight piling on her lol xx

Hiya everyone Lexi-Marie was born 21st oct at 10.59pm weighing 8lbs 2ozs, at 5 days she weighed 8lbs 3ozs and todays weighs 8lbs 6 ozs, she had a big growth spurt and wow i can feel the weight piling on her lol xx

Hi :hi:, congratulations on the birth of Lexi and welcome to the parenting thread :flower: xx

Meant to say if anyone wants to add me on facebook this is me: https://www.facebook.com/search/?q=...0.4425477883190057#!/profile.php?id=828724381 xx

Congrats hunnybun
Ive made a pic thread with all my piccies of Chloe on https://www.babyandbump.com/photo-gallery/450023-my-little-princess-chloe.html#post7525667

mummyKC there's a six year age gap between me and my brother and we get along really well always have! I'm going to have at least one more, maybe a 3rd depending on if hubby gets a pay upgrade! But mine will be fairly close together bout 2yrs age gap between 1st and 2nd.

But did you play together as children? Now as adults, I understand completely that you get along (tends to happen once we grow up lol)... but did you play and interact as children? Me and my brother were 3 years apart and even THAT put us on completely different wavelengths. The difference between an 8 yr old and 5 yr old can be enormous. But like I said, it depends on the parent and what they are comfortable with... NO judgement from me! :nope: I just wanted mine close together as well because from experience, I just knew I wanted it that way. :D

Hi everyone :) can i join you all? lewis sean smith was born 24th october after an 26 hours of labour and an emergency section in the end but totally worth it:cloud9: i probably wont be able to get on here much as im so tired all the time and getting up every 3 hours for my lil mans feeds :coffee: but didnt want to loose contact with everyone ....

Is anyone else getting up every 3 hours ?? hes a week old now and tbh i thought id be getting a little longer between feeds to get my head down lol ??

xx

MummyKC yes we did play together as children although my sister took on a more responsible role especially to my brother.

Congratulations Steffy and I get up every 2hrs at the mo. I had one night where he went for 4hrs and it was like heaven! But he's back to every 2hrs now and won't settle after his 6am feed so end up having him on my chest from then &not really sleeping. I hope you start to feel better soon - every day it'll get easier.

Congrats steffy

Chloe now weighs 10lbs

Had health visitor over today and Lexi-Marie is briiliant.We have a problem with her sleeping at min, she wont sleep in her moses basket.She will sleep anywhere else.Health visiotor has said to make her sleep in it at every sleep time ( she would only fall asleep on me and wak every hour when in moses basket before) We have started this today but its not going well, she is really unsettled so i can see tonight being a very bad night tonight.She used to sleep really well and wake every 3 hours for feed and straight back in moses basket to sleep now she sleeps and hour here and there.Last night she slept 2 hours on and off.

Tristan has a cold and a rash on his face :(

Been to the Doctors and he has been given nasal drops and a cream for his face.

He won't be put down and woke about every 45minutes last night, he is so snuffley :(

Congrats to the new Mummy's and Congrats on your engagement Serenity!! :D

Bit late I know ladies but just wanted to let you all know my little girl, Belle, arrived on the 27th.....15 days late!!!

Thank god for induction or she would probably still be in there! Have put piccie on 3rd tri :cloud9:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->