****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

is anyones LO still suffering with reflux?
health visitors aren't concerned because hes always gained weight fine and is very settled in general.
but hes soooo sicky still, i was expecting it to go when he started sitting as people said it usual does but it hasn't hes not eating alot yet as we are mainly blw and he just likes to taste at the moment, so hoping it will go when hes eating well.
but its sooooo messy, he doesn't seem to care but he needs a few outfit changed and constant wet bib and i'm always covered in his sick!
dont know what to do!

Glad Little Man's check up went well Buttonnose.

Sorry cant help Veganmum, Jasmine hasn't suffered from reflux, hope you get some answers off someone soon though :hugs:

My oldest had reflux for quite a while. :( It is hard, she would always throw up at least 1-2 times per day and I always had to cover the furniture with blankets in case she was sick all over it.

This continued until she was about 8-9 months. I know all babies are different but I guess her stomach just matured at that point and she could handle her food better.

I hope poor Frank feels better soon!

Veganmum some babies are sicky until about a year old just one of those things! Buttonnose yeah for passing check up with flying colours!!!! What did they check?

Veganmum have you thought of doing a little TW aswell?

We do BLW with Tristan but because he suffers with reflux we do some TW.

For Example -

Breakfast - Tristan will feed himself something like toast then we will feed him something like weetabix.

Dinner - Tristan will feed himself something like sandwiches, cheese and Organix snacks and then we feed him yoghurt.

Tea - Tristan will feed himself whatever we are having for tea whether it be chilli and rice, a roast dinner etc, he then likes to be fed some when he's fed up of feeding himself, we then feed him pudding with is something like a yoghurt or pureed fruit.

It might not work for you but it works for us :)

Yay for tooth BB :happydance: hopefully Tristan will settle a bit now, Jasmine did for a few days then started getting unsettled again about a week after and then another tooth popped through.

Had a long night again, Jasmine has always been a fab sleeper since very young but over this last week she has been waking often and last night it was every 10-15 mins crying, think its possibly a combination of things namely her cold and her teeth. Hopefully its just this and not something thats going to continue - though that would be typical just as I'm soon to go back to work! :dohh:

Oh and on that note we're off to have another visit with the childminder this afternoon to finalise things. Wish I didnt have to go back to work full time :cry:

yay for Tristan's tooth!

bumbleberry hope it goes ok, big hugs :hugs:

I am so pissed off :( We were at BIL's this weekend and I was feeding Little Man and BIL looked at me like I was a freak of nature and went 'your STILL feeding him yourself?!?!' so I got a big confused and said yes and asked why, to which he looked disgusted and said 'well your not meant too breast feed after 6 months!' .... So I started saying how it is a MINIMUM of 6 months they recommend and he tried too tell me I was wrong and it was a MAXIMUM of 6 months! ugh! I could have poked his eyes out!

hugs button nose some people are narrow minded :hugs:

yay for 1st tooth bb

I really don't get that buttonnose! Babies aren't allowed cows milk until 12 months so why do they expect you to stop before then?? :growlmad:

So I'm so upset :( I've been told by CAB that whether I go back to work 2 days, 3 days or quit we will still only be entitled to £42 a month child tax and no working tax which means I have to go back to work 3 days a week from July. :cry:

Veganmum have you thought of doing a little TW aswell?

We do BLW with Tristan but because he suffers with reflux we do some TW.

For Example -

Breakfast - Tristan will feed himself something like toast then we will feed him something like weetabix.

Dinner - Tristan will feed himself something like sandwiches, cheese and Organix snacks and then we feed him yoghurt.

Tea - Tristan will feed himself whatever we are having for tea whether it be chilli and rice, a roast dinner etc, he then likes to be fed some when he's fed up of feeding himself, we then feed him pudding with is something like a yoghurt or pureed fruit.

It might not work for you but it works for us :)

i have tried, at first it was just blw but cos he wasn't eating much and he was also gagging badly on food, i started feeding/letting him feed himself purees but it seems when he mastered moving the food around his mouth and not gagging he just wont have puree just spits it out.
it ended up being messier than blw because he grabbed the spoon and always put his hands in it...so i cant say i mind. just hoping he grows out of it soon!

thanks for the advice everyone :)

I know :( he recons that's what they were told by their dr when they lived over seas! Little man won't even take a bottle anyway lol

Wow buttonnose, I would be PO'd if someone said that too! :roll:

I've done TW with both my girls, with some BLW integrated in with it. :shrug: Both my girls started seeming really hungry by 6 months old so I started the TW. It's always worked for us! :)

we do BLW and Little Man has really started eating more these past 2 weeks, he loves everything, the only thing he has turned his nose up at so far is raspberries but too be honest they were tart!

I think he might be allergic too grapes though which is a shame because he LOVES them :(

I think Little Man is getting his first cold :( he has woken up and just keeps sneezing :( what can you use for a baby cold? I don't want vapour rubs as I don't know how they will effect his skin

I am fed up, every bloody time we go too SIL's & BIL's he ALWAYS ends up coming down with something!!!

I use Olbas Oil at the moment as Jasmine also has her first proper cold, I put a couple of drops on a piece of muslin cloth that I tie to her cot so she cant get to it and it works a treat.

karvol plug ins are great lewis has a cold at the mo and they really help him at night time :)

Hugs about the work BB why cant you get working tax that seems really really silly.

Yes button use the vapor rub on a muslin or the plug ins, and also i use saline nasel drops when chloe had a cold as she was struggling to breastfed properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->