****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Yes im like that torn between the two i want my baby back but i love how they really interact ect with you now

Yeah I agree, their nice as newborns since they fit so perfectly in your arms... but I love seeing my baby smile and laugh and learn new things almost daily! :)

I always really liked 8ish months with my firstborn too. They learn so much all the time at that age, and yet are still relatively easy since they aren't REALLY mobile yet so they aren't constantly into everything, climbing everything... all that fun stuff! :haha:

Oh golly gosh not sure how I'll cope when Leo's moving quicker you have to have eyes in the back of your head already!!!!!

yes i already do with chloe she somehow manages to get all over the room even though she cant quite crawl

Yeah they definitely get all over the place once they figure out how. But once they start walking, then you're in trouble! :rofl:

Question for the girls who breastfeed - How do you cope with teething? Tristan has started biting as soon he latches on and now that he has teeth ot hurts even more! Tonight I gave him his usual bedtime feed and instead of feeding he just bit down! I gave him some Anbesol and Nurofen then his teether and he finally latched and fed! X

I dont really have much problem with chloe biting but when she does i take her off the breast for 1 min which makes he reaslise if she bites she doesnt get dinner, if she does it again after i put her back on i take her off for 1minuet 10seconds ect until she doesnt bite and feeds properly

I've had no problems with little man

All I could suggest is try anbesol 2/3 mins before every feed

I just can't get over how more mobile Little Man is getting every day, I can't leave him alone for a second anymore without him getting into mischief! How do they know what things they shouldn't get into? ..... he seems too make a beeline for anything he shouldn't have lol

Leo does the same- toys everywhere but all he wants is the wires and plugs! Leo hasn't bitten me since he was 4mths as I screamed out in pain. it upset him so much he didn't do it again.

chloe is exactly the same she doesnt want toys but baby wipe packets her clothes/coat or the packet with cotton wool in along with my mobile :dohh:

tbh chloe doesnt need to learn to crawl she can get all over the room by rolling around it :haha:

Little man does a kinda bunny hop/break dancing move, it is so funny lol

little monkey spent 15 mins this morning playing with the spring door stop attached too the wall, he loves cables, remote controls, mobiles, the cat scratch post! and the cat toys, and today he kept making a bee line for the DVD's and kept pulling out my sex & the city movie one lol

maybe he wants you to put sex in the city on the telly :haha:

Jasmine is so mobile too, she manages to get around so quickly even though she's not crawling, she just pulls herself along the floor. Another thing she has started doing is wanting to stand all the time, she will stand up against the sofa now for a while, its good but difficult sometimes to get her to sit, she goes stiff as a board and you just have to lie her on the floor lol.

We're having lots of problems with food, I'm waiting for on call doctor to ring back as she has had severe diarrhoea for past three days, thought it was clearing up but no. On the plus side I've just received her allergy clinic appt - 8th July, just seems everything has gone downhill on the feeding side since her reaction. We think she might be allergic to something else too but not sure what - could be either tomato or kiwi (MIL gave her some the other night without asking me :dohh: )

oh no! tomato & kiwi are both 'high risk' food allergies when you have exsisting allergies, but if it is a egg allergy, then they add egg too so much ..... reading packets are a real drain but honestly you would be surprised! I was shocked when we had too cut out dairy & soya, I mean they even put dairy in some tomato ketchup's!

proud mummy moment!

Little Man has learnt how too sit up from laying down all by himself, so he can he sat in 1 place, lay down and crawl too somewhere else and sit himself back up!!

buttonnose that must be difficult cutting out dairy and soya one or the other isnt so bad but both must be a nightmare i'm vegan so dont have dairy if i had to cut out soya i'd not be able to eat 90% of the things i do!!

i got frank weighed today 16lbs 1oz, hes just on 9th percentile, hesonly small but im not worried and either are HV's hes just a weedy baby!
he was rolling around the room but has stopped now, and hes not crawling yet.
i'm loving this age though, so so funny i love just watching him play and be busy its so cute! :cloud9:

is it a bit of a nightmare but honestly wouldn't have it any other way, Little Man is so much happier now without dairy & soya before he would scream in pain for hours and also he would poop slime like 6/7 times a day and his eczema was awful, now we have none of that, just the odd skin flare up if I have accidently eaten some dairy or soya

We have Oat milk and use pure sunflower spread, then I just cook everything from scratch!

Aww all these allrgies must be hard.

and yay for little man being able to sit himself back up :D

my 1st birthday as a mummy with a n acutally baby and not a baby belly on sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->