****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

If i do get into uni i will leave her exactly 1 month before she turns 1 :shock: she feel asleep on me tonight while having her feed before bed, she never ever does this normally. So i sat and had an hour long cuddle with a sleeping baby.

Hi Girls,
Sorry I haven't been around, we've moved house so dont gave internet yet.
Tristan is now 10months old, he was 19lb 11oz 2 weeks ago. He is just going into 6-9 clothes, hes such a midget! :lol:
He's crawling now and pulling himself up on furniture. This age is amazing :cloud9:
He's still BLW and is doing brilliantly, he rarely has milk in the day anymore as he self weaned but I still breastfeed him before bed, first thing in the morning and during the night.
Tooth number 3 has just come through and I think I can see a fourth coming.
Are any of you still having sleepless nights?

Yeah my baby is still more TW. I try to get her to eat herself but she just prefers being fed. :dohh: I think it's partially my fault at this point but I like feeding her. :blush:

And most of my nights are pretty solid. Alora wakes up occasionally for her soother or just a cuddle, but most nights she sleeps straight from about 8pm-7:30am.

Sorry, not much help. :(

Yep we're up all night long. I really need to sleep better bit don't have the heart to just cut out feeds, i cant bear to hear him cry so I'm doing the no cry sleep solution. Its taking ages but he's now waking every 3 hours instead of hourly so some improvement! Arggggg if anyone has any bright ideaa on how i can help him to sleep better please let me know.

I sorry ladies i cant help you guys with baby's who still dont slepe throught the night chloe's slept through since about 4months.

However she is so clingy today i really dont know whats wrong with her, she just cries every time i put her down :( and doesnt want to play or anything :(

yup im still having sleepless nights although i think its more to do with him not being able to be in his own room yet but he does wake up every night at around 3 for a feed i think thats more habit than anything but we tried giving him water and putting him back down he just screamed for hours so maybe he just needs a top up he only drinks 3 bottles a day 12 oz over 24 hours hes loves his solids though and is eating more or less everything now :)

i agree bb this age is lovely lewis isnt crawling yet but is pulling himself up furniture and ran across the room for the first time with his hand held walker yesterday he even shocked hiself:haha:

Lewis is getting his 3rd and 4th tooth at the minute theyre just poking through (his top front 2) he is constanley clicking tehm together :wacko: goes right through me lol

yeah sleepless nights still here!
the best it gets is 3 wakings between 8pm-6am but its usualy more like 4 or 5 wakings.

also loving this age, and i am so excitied for his birthday and already excited for christmas :haha: hes crawling free standing but yet to take first step.
i havent had him weighed for 3 weeks but he was 18lbs hes in 9-12 clothes but they are very big on him 6-9 are just a wee bit small in length.
no teeth yet either! we are blw and he eats everything himself but i think he will find it much easier with some teeth!

Well I'm glad its not just me! I'm back to work tomorrow, very depressing! Love the summer hols but September's always a nightmare!!!!

Good luck going back to work! :( I go back in 6 weeks. Booooo. :cry:

Thanks, I went back to work just before the summer break and hated it but its been ok this tkme. I'm doing 3 days and feel much better, respect to those full time mums!

Hi just had to share, little man's taken 9 steps in a row!!!!!! And he can do the square and oval shape sorter woo! :)

Hi Ladies,

Not posted for a long time!!! Cannot believe my baby is over 10 months!!! What a fast year it has been. Back to work now which was a depressing thought. Nice to see everyones babies coming on :)

xx

Wow I haven't posted in here in awhile, everyone's babies seem to be growing too fast. My LO started walking a day before he turned 10 months so the last 3 weeks I feel like all I've been doing is chasing after him! He says mama and dada and dog and sometimes gabba (after yo gabba gabba). I only have 3 more cans of formula after that I'm never buying it again, gonna start him on milk, He's already eating soo many solids, what are your babies favorite foods and dinners?

Click to see Video
https://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g444/yummymummy2avery/th_Video0077.jpg

Yeah my baby girl just switched completely over to whole milk. :) I love it, formula is just so gross. :sick:

Alora eats almost anything these days. Obviously i have to chop it up or mash it, but seriously - she will eat almost anything I put in her mouth! :shock:

Dumb question lol but if i start lewis on cows milk do i have to wean him or can he switch over straight away ? , does it fill him up more or less than formula im guessing less but he eats 3 big meals a day really anyway i always thought you had to wait until 12 months ?

x

yeah here the advice is 12 months.
i dont know about switching so no advice sorry

my lo drank orange juice from a carton today, i was drinking it, he grabbed it and i kind of humoued him and let him have it, he put the straw in his mouth and he drank it, i was amazed as i didnt expect he would be able to just do it, and whilst watching him it just hit me, hes not a little baby any more! hes babbling, crawling, standing, almost walking, hes perfected his pincer grip over the past few weeks and watching him just casually pick up a berry or cheerio just melts my heart.

our babies are almost one! :shock: :( :)
it feels like just yesterday we were in third tri saying next month is our month!

I've always heard that you give the first couple half formula and half milk so they can get used to it then after a few like that give them straight milk I only have 2 and half cans of formula then I'm switching to milk.

Here they say you can switch to whole milk between 9-12 months. I switched both my girls around 10 months and they were fine. :) As long as there aren't milk allergies in your family, it is usually fine.

And it's better to wean them, not just switch them over. It can be alot harder on their tummies that way and they need to get used to the taste too. I gradually put less and less formula in my bottles, and added more milk... until it was all milk. :)

i can't believe our babies are going too be turning 1 VERY soon :(

I won't be switching Little Man onto milk any time soon, he can only have oat milk due too allergies and that contains none of the fats they need so he will be on his specially prescribed formula for goodness knows how long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->