****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

How much life has changed in a year! Wow. Most of us were just gearing up to birth last year and now we're gearing up to a birthday party. Craziness. Bets year of my life. Truly xx

Im away from chloe most days now and she wont take formula milk and i cant express breastmilk, would it be ok for me to provide whole milk for the day time with food ect at childminders and then breast for morning and bed? Chloe is still deciding she doesnt want to let go of the furniture im kinda glad atm as weekdays im not with her so hoping she'll walk unaided for 1st time at a weekend.
Really looking forward to doing chloe's birthday party, but i donbt want her to turn one and go from a baby to a toddler :( i know its close though as my nephew's birthday is today, this time last year i remember being my full term day :haha:

COngrats kitty on the pregnancy

Congratulations kitty!!!!
I give Leo whole cows milk when I'm at work (Mon, tues, wed) as i dont have the time to express. He's been fine with it, I've not done half and half, just gave him tge milk. He has 6ounces & a massive feed before and after work-so big he doesn't eat his tea!!! Haha!
I can't believe I've booked Leo's bday party either! Crazy stuff, this time last year i gave up work, was already full term!

Awww congrats Kitty!!!! :yipee: Thats awesome!!! I had no idea! :)

You lucky girls, already on your next pregnancy! I'm jealous! Though I shouldn't be since I have two already, but I'm jealous that I'm done having babies. :(

Congrats again Kitty! :happydance:
I use cows milk for LO with brekkie but she won't drink any milk these days, which is a PITA as her milk had tonnes of calories in!

LO has got a date for her MRI, TOE, 3D echo & xray, which means her next surgery is getting closer :(

Nice to see all the October Bumpkins are doing well :D Not long before the piccies of 1st birthdays will be appearing! xxx

Congrats Kitty!
Can't believe that in less than a month Avery will be 1, I can't wait for his party, I'm doing colors as his theme, its a weird theme but it's gonna be amazing! What kind of themes are you ladies thinking about?

We are officially starting to wean him from formula, so far he hasn't any problems with the milk, which is great news I would rather buy a gallon of milk rather than a can of formula, it's soo expensive!

Hope all the babies are doing great!

Congrats kitty ! fab news ! jealous a little too :haha:

Thanks ladies for all the advice on weaning off formula i shall give it a go some time this month fingers crossed he has no probs :thumbup:

Casey cakes deffinatley intrigued by that theme lol you shall have to share youre pics :winkwink:

Lewis is cutting his 5th and 6th teeth already hes growing up so fast he looks like a propa lil man now with his 2 front teeth dont they come with a pause button i want to keep him this age forever !! :haha:

I'm doing a bug theme for my LO's birthday. Her cake is going to be a ladybug (making it myself) along with butterflies, bees, etc. :D

My oldest is having an Elmo-themed birthday this year (both my girls are November babies). :)

Chloe is have just a 1 theme, really girly one and ballons on the cake, and plates ect.
Its 3weeks tomorrow chloe is 1 :shock:

Anna is having Timmy time theme which is almost next to impossible to find Timmy time gear in Canada.

We weren't going to do a party but I'm starting to feel mean! Lol. Tristan only has 3 friends his age so not sure what to do!

He cut tooth number 5 a couple of days ago and it looks like number 6 is already on its way!

Little Man is 1 a week today :( we will be away on holiday so will be taking him too a farm or something on the actual day then he is having a birthday lunch on the saturday when we are back ...... it was meant too be a small family thing but we are currently at about 30 people lol

I am making him a jack in the box cake, so excited!

OoOoOo they all sound so good !! cant wait for pics !!

Lewis's 7th and 8th teeth are on there way now too :) 4 coming through at once bless him and he still good as gold :cloud9:

we are just doing a family party cos frank only has a few friends too, and i dont really want to do the whole family and friends mixed party thing.
just going to go out on the morning somewhere after opening the present i've got him, and then when we get back i'm doing a meal for everyone and cake and presents from others.

we haven't got a theme really, cake and wrapping paper is dinosaur the decorations i have got are just 1 themed, so its just a bit mismatchy!

frank is still toothless!
he went in his own room for first time tonight its actually nice seeing a cot in his room, it looks like a propper little nursery for the first time rather than a spare room/dumping ground lol. :)

Yeah Im just having family for Alora's party too. :shrug:

I'm only inviting other kids to my oldest's party because she actually has some little "friends" but Alora won't notice if kids are there or not. :haha:

We have about 30 adults and 20 kids coming to chloe;'s birthday :dohh: it was only menna be small. but my family and dh's family wanna come, then god parents and their children, then chloes 3 baby friends, 1 has an older brother and he cant come unless older brother can, and another baby friend has 2 sisters and her mum cant bring baby without other 2 so ups numbers, then my 5nephews and neice, and stephen's neice and nephews
BB could you pay for his friends to go to a soft play centre on his birthday or near it? then maybe home to yours for play and cake after?

On chloe's actual birthday we going out for a meal with dh's sister, niece newphew and mum, to a place with a play barn so they can all play after and before dinner. we are saying no guests before 12, so we get some special time with her.

Im one proud mummy today chloe has worked out how to say the word oscar, which for a baby is not the easiest of words, it my sister (her childminders dog) she suddenly said his name and pointed at him :shock:

Aww what a smart girl! :cloud9:

And sounds like a big party! Im sure Chloe will have a blast though! :)

Yes im really looking forward to it, other than the actual turning 1 bit lol. We ordered her cake today, the place we got her christaning cake have been brill, if you want a picture they dont have they normally only scan them (like the asda picture cakes) but we explained we wanted it in the gel colour and bubble writing and they doing it specally for us as we like the christaning cake so much and what we wanted wouldnt have worked as a scanned picture cake. Gonna start wrapping up her presents tonight.

Also anyone having parties what are you doing to entertain the little ones like games ect? and also what you putting in party bags for the under 3's?

I've booked the soft play centre as couldnt face the cleaning up!!!!! Lol, they sort out everything kncluding party bags. I just have to bake the cake. i was thinking of doing a monkey.
The party bags Leo's brought home have had chocolate, sweets, colouring books, crayons (eatable safe) and stickers. Hope that helps. :)

Oww never thought of stickers that seems like a good one, im putting rasins in instead or sweets and choc for the little one , as want to be able to do choc in the pass the parcel and i dont think some parents like to much choc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->