*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I believe breast pumps can be fully sterilized. You just have to buy new tubes and parts that touch your breasts. I got a used mattress for our twin bed in the nursery, I was looking out for a clean secondhand one, but over the weekend at my family reunion my cousin offered me hers and it's in great shape and I feel better about it being from family lol. We've got most of the furniture.. just waiting to hear back about a dresser. Hoping it's still available because it's only $20!

Yeah, I think it's more of the idea of a second hand breast pump that skeeves me out. That's nice that you found a mattress from family!

I feel like these people area really clean that we're going to buy the crib from (they are young parents living in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, and I facebook stalked them after the girl pintrest stalked me, lol). I dunno, maybe covering it with a mattress protector would work. I still feel slightly weird about the whole used mattress situation (big sponges for body fluids, dead skin and mites). No matter how clean they are, you just never know!

I believe breast pumps can be fully sterilized. You just have to buy new tubes and parts that touch your breasts. I got a used mattress for our twin bed in the nursery, I was looking out for a clean secondhand one, but over the weekend at my family reunion my cousin offered me hers and it's in great shape and I feel better about it being from family lol. We've got most of the furniture.. just waiting to hear back about a dresser. Hoping it's still available because it's only $20!

Yeah, I think it's more of the idea of a second hand breast pump that skeeves me out. That's nice that you found a mattress from family!

I feel like these people area really clean that we're going to buy the crib from (they are young parents living in a nice house in a nice neighborhood, and I facebook stalked them after the girl pintrest stalked me, lol). I dunno, maybe covering it with a mattress protector would work. I still feel slightly weird about the whole used mattress situation (big sponges for body fluids, dead skin and mites). No matter how clean they are, you just never know!

I don't see anything wrong with buying a new mattress for your crib :)

Have you all picked names yet?
My poor baby is still nameless (although we like Thomas, it's still just a name we like and not 100% sure it will be what he's called)
I'm finding naming a boy harder than naming girls.

Yo yo were having name issues!! Finally decided on 3 girls names DH says are "ok", I love Ethan for a boy, it's been the only name I've loved since having my eldest, he now reckons he doesn't like it!! But seen as he hadn't come up with any others I'm fighting for it lol. So nothing set in stone like previous times :-(

Maybe it's just harder to pick nice names the more kids you have! :dohh:

Ethan's a lovely name by the way! :)

It does get harder cause the names have to "go" with the others too.

My poor baby is still nameless (although we like Thomas, it's still just a name we like and not 100% sure it will be what he's called)

We *think* we're naming him Leo but still not 100%:dohh: I want to see what he looks like before deciding on anything, took us ages to find names that we liked which is weird because if he'd been a girl his name was set in stone lol :)

I feel like girl names are harder for us but luckily we don't have to worry about that this time. :haha:

LO will be Finn Hunter [Surname]. Hunter is still up for debate, but it's the one middle name we haven't been able to shake just yet. :haha:

Is anyone else finding pregnancy just absolutely exhausting, particularly in this heat? I have vagina pain all the time (and I find it's way more pronounced if I have gas, almost as if the gas pressure is baring down on it), and it makes it painful to walk. Also the breathlessness, and everything swelling up (I can't fit my wedding rings on anymore!!). I'm just feeling kind of 'over' this.

Totally with you Whigfield! I'm sat here with two fans going! I can't go out in it as I feel faint with my low blood pressure.

Being heavily pregnant in summer is much harder than having a winter baby (my girls are both December babies)

I do recommened using a fan and staying out of the heat for long periods. Put your feet up with a cool drink at every opportunity :flower:

We haven't long to go now ladies-third trimester now :happydance: and all totally worth every niggle and bit of stress etc :cloud9:

Loving the names ladies-I'm going to get my book of names out with dh tonight, see if we can get this baby named!

Yep mine are dec and jan babies so this lugging a bump in the peak of summer thing is really hard lol. I'm back at work tonight after some annual leave, n it's always sweltering on our ward :-( not looking forward to that!! But only 4 working weeks left whoop!

I'm not handling the heat at all, I've got every window open and fan going and I'm still too hot. It's making me feel really dizzy and faint. I've never been heavily pregnant during the summer before and it's a lot more difficult! All worth it like you say though :) although I'm glad we're getting near the end now!

Our little guy is going to be Jaxon Flynn :)

Agreed ladies! I've been pretty grateful our summer has been pretty mild but we keep gettin pockets of hot humid gross for 2-4 days at a time and yesterday was sweltering! I had to take the kids I nanny to sports for 2 hours mid day and sit in the sun. I thought I was going to pass out or puke or both! Then I felt sick all afternoon.

Work itself is getting really hard for me. Seems like I handle it worse and worse everyday. I talked to my boss this morning. They still don't have a replacement for me yet. I told her I don't think I'm going to make it to end of August. Hopefully twy get someone new in next week or two so I can help train her before leaving. I just found out they're on vaca first week of Aug though so at least I get a break! That should help.

The good news is I'm in double digits now!!!! :happydance:

Have an OB apt today. Hopefully all still going well :) besides feeling lousy I think babies are doing good. I feel them a lot more now and DH can usually feel them when they get going. :) I sure love them! Don't want them too early or anything but I sure can't wait to meet them! And to not be pregnant anymore haha

All I can say is thank goodness for my central air! I don't know how you ladies are doing it without air conditioning.

I have my glucose test this morning and I'm already starving. Pregnant women shouldn't have to fast. I have a midwife appt later this afternoon

We have a first name picked out (Carson) but absolutely no clue on a middle. We have said Eli might work but it's really hard to say. I really wish something would just come to us. :haha:

I feel like girl names are harder for us but luckily we don't have to worry about that this time. :haha:

LO will be Finn Hunter [Surname]. Hunter is still up for debate, but it's the one middle name we haven't been able to shake just yet. :haha:

Is anyone else finding pregnancy just absolutely exhausting, particularly in this heat? I have vagina pain all the time (and I find it's way more pronounced if I have gas, almost as if the gas pressure is baring down on it), and it makes it painful to walk. Also the breathlessness, and everything swelling up (I can't fit my wedding rings on anymore!!). I'm just feeling kind of 'over' this.

Yes this heat is something else. I mean I don't mind it that much but I agree with just kind of being over this whole thing. I mean everything and I mean absolutely everything about pregnancy is worth it but this one has been rough on me to the point I just want to be over and done with and have my little guy here. Sigh. Oh well about 10 weeks left to go for us and he will be here.

Geralyn-- I'm with you we have central air too. I think I would be absolutely miserable without it. Good Luck with your glucose test.

MamaMac-- Congrats on double digits!

I am having a tough time with his feet being in my ribs already. I am so sore by the end of the day.

We have decided on a name for our little man... Collin David Philip. It was not easy to come up with a name

Got our crib yesterday :). We bought it used from this nice young couple. It's a convertible crib, becomes a toddler crib and day bed. Came with the toddler rai, Simmons mattress, and is in like new condition. All for $200. She even gave us two sheet sets just because she was making room. Found the same one in a picture on google, here it is :). So excited to have had that work out!

Edit: original link wrong. Its crib # 2 in this link. https://davidandjenw.blogspot.com/2011/10/vote-for-your-favorite-crib.html?m=1

I'm sitting here for my glucose test and I'm starving!! They should not make pregnant women fast. I just chugged down that drink and now I have to sit here for two hours. Ugh!

I'm sitting here for my glucose test and I'm starving!! They should not make pregnant women fast. I just chugged down that drink and now I have to sit here for two hours. Ugh!

Ugh!! Thankfully here, we have a one hour initial test, and they don't ask you to fast before. You just can't eat while you're waiting to have blood drawn. Good luck!!!

I passed mine yesterday! Yay!! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->