*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

MamaMac- Oh my word, I love it!!! I second what Ashley had to say. I could only imagine how tired you must be already. FX'd that you are able to avoid induction and prayers for energy to keep working.

Zephyr- love the retro bump pics!

I am going to go for my glucose test tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to that. Last time, I felt really nauseous while I was sitting there waiting.

I am going to go for my glucose test tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to that. Last time, I felt really nauseous while I was sitting there waiting.

see if they willset you up in a room. Thats what they did for my 3 hour because I was feeling really crappy. They put me in a spare room so I could lay down, gave me blankets and pillows, icepacks to cool off, it was really nice. Every hour a nurse came in to take blood. :hugs:

see if they willset you up in a room. Thats what they did for my 3 hour because I was feeling really crappy. They put me in a spare room so I could lay down, gave me blankets and pillows, icepacks to cool off, it was really nice. Every hour a nurse came in to take blood. :hugs:
That sounds like heaven! When I had to take the 3 hour with my daughter I just sat in the waiting room!

The rh factor only matters if you're type O blood.

LaMere-- I did the test and it told me "Formula cannot convincingly determine the gender of a baby for given dates" It made me laugh.

Geralyn-- Congrats on your double digits!

I never knew that but im O- so that seems weird lol

I'm very curious as to why you haven't had the shot if you are O- blood type. I am O- blood type and HAD to have it. Basically if my husband had a positive blood type, our children would have a positive blood type (which he does and she does). Then not having the shot could be very dangerous if I ever chose to have a 2nd, or 3rd, or more babies. Basically our bodies could potentially create antibodies that would reject any further babies.

The rh factor only matters if you're type O blood.

LaMere-- I did the test and it told me "Formula cannot convincingly determine the gender of a baby for given dates" It made me laugh.

Geralyn-- Congrats on your double digits!

I never knew that but im O- so that seems weird lol

I'm very curious as to why you haven't had the shot if you are O- blood type. I am O- blood type and HAD to have it. Basically if my husband had a positive blood type, our children would have a positive blood type (which he does and she does). Then not having the shot could be very dangerous if I ever chose to have a 2nd, or 3rd, or more babies. Basically our bodies could potentially create antibodies that would reject any further babies.

Yeah ive looked into it before but could never work out why. Im in new zealand if that makes a difference.

I know during my second pregnancy it was explained to be by my midwife at the time.

I dont even think its routine here tbh
I was under obstetrician care with my twin pregnancy at the hospital and it was never mentioned then either.

Im curious now! I must ask at my next appointment.

I think I've been having Braxton hicks contractions the last few mornings. They just sort of feel like light period cramps and don't last that long. Is that what it is??

Zephyr - love the pics of your twin bump last time.

My glucose test was a 2 hour one but I drank the drink at home and just travelled in for the blood test after 2 hours so the wait didn't seem that bad except for the hunger! I passed it phew.

Had my 28 week midwife appointment today and baby was measuring behind. There were two midwives and one said I was measuring 2 weeks behind and the other said I was one week behind but they didn't seem overly concerned. My blood pressure was 140/70 which is verging on high so I have to go back next week to check it again. Everything else seemed fine though.

Zephyr-- Maybe you've been lucky and all your babies have been rh-.

Newlywed-- Yeah I definitely felt crappy after the test yesterday, but feeling back to normal today. I even got home after work and took an hour and a half nap.

28 weeks today, 12 weeks to go if he arrives on time. Will be so exciting to get to single digit weeks!

That would be nice. I have to go to a lab so there's no rooms to go in, I just have to sit in the waiting room. I didn't end up going this morning. I have to walk there and even though it's only a 5 minute walk, I didn't want to do it in the heat. Today is very hot but tomorrow it should be cooler so I will definitely go tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to trying to keep my daughter amused while waiting for an hour, especially if it makes me feel like it did with her.

That would be nice. I have to go to a lab so there's no rooms to go in, I just have to sit in the waiting room. I didn't end up going this morning. I have to walk there and even though it's only a 5 minute walk, I didn't want to do it in the heat. Today is very hot but tomorrow it should be cooler so I will definitely go tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to trying to keep my daughter amused while waiting for an hour, especially if it makes me feel like it did with her.

Sorry you couldn't get it out of the way today--but I don't blame you in the heat!! I am actually at my test right now. I already drank the stuff, and now I'm waiting. (They were actually very sweet and asked if I needed a place to lie down...so far I feel ok.) I was also able to get the tDap taken care of today, which was nice!

30 weeks today which means there is 70 days left:dance::wacko:
I feel huge and i've been leaking a huge amount of milk :( keep waking up in big wet patches as it's too hot to wear anything to bed.
I've sorted all his stuff and I think he has more shoes than me:rofl:

Here I am today at 30w1d. 69 days until due date! :)

Attachments

• 30w.png
    30w.png
    436.8 KB · Views: 12
I did my 1 hour glucose test at 10:45 this morning. Has anyone else felt really tired afterwards?

I was pretty tired, but bounced back by the next day. I hope you pass!

The 3 hour test was much much harder to recover from, took me a couple days.

My test was 2 hours.. I felt awful after for a day then i was fine after a good nights sleep :)

I feel huge and i've been leaking a huge amount of milk :( keep waking up in big wet patches as it's too hot to wear anything to bed.

Haha Alistair has more shoes then me! These are in all different sizes, only 3 are small for when hes born so thats my excuse to buy more and justify it :blush:

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 8
lol, that's so cute, all those shoes lined up.

I haven't bought anything except furniture and little pink hangers for the baby yet. There is a babies-R-us, a target, and a mall 2-3 miles down the road from my house. I think I'm just like-- Okay, let's get these big ticket purchases out of the way and then all the minutia will get purchased in one big old trip. Something about buying clothes, I'm almost nervous to do it until I meet her. I know that all of my friends and family will be getting her little outfits and onesies, so I'll probably wait and see what the shower brings before getting anything smaller.

In other news, my swivel glider arrived today, we have a nice double dresser (that we'll use as a changing table as well), and we're picking up the crib today. I found a convertible crib on craigslist that is really nice that was only used with one baby and it comes with the toddler rails and everything. It's only $200 and matches our other nursery furniture perfectly. I'm hoping it looks as nice a the picture when we go to check it out at 6:30.

The only thing is, they are also giving us a mattress with it if we get it. I don't know how I feel about that. I'm thinking I'm just going to dispose of the mattress and get a brand new one for the crib. Something about used mattresses gives me the creeps... kind of like the used breast pumps I keep seeing advertised on craigslist. Ew.

You could always tape breast pads on.

I believe breast pumps can be fully sterilized. You just have to buy new tubes and parts that touch your breasts. I got a used mattress for our twin bed in the nursery, I was looking out for a clean secondhand one, but over the weekend at my family reunion my cousin offered me hers and it's in great shape and I feel better about it being from family lol. We've got most of the furniture.. just waiting to hear back about a dresser. Hoping it's still available because it's only $20!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->