*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

image.jpg

26 Week Bump! :)

Oh I forgot....about picking names. I totally get people waiting to announce. Once the names are officially picked most people will keep negative comments to themselves. They only speak up if there's a chance to change your mind. For us, we did announce the names but only after they were already on the nursery wall! No changing our minds now! Haha

Thankfully we haven't had any negative comments on them.

I'm so jealous of all these bumps! Everyone looks so wonderful! I still have nothing, but what looks like a little extra pudge. I keep waiting and hoping, but nothing comes! This is probably the only time in my whole life that I wish I wasn't so tall.

I'm not worried about visitors. Firstly because I live 6+ hours away from any family, and secondly if it was family I would be happy for them to come visit for a little bit at a time. I almost wish everyone could take time off and come up for a visit after he's born.

My MIL will be here, she's coming up two weeks before my due date and says she is staying until we kick her out. I'm really glad about that! The hospital is about 45 minutes to an hour away and if I go into labor while my husband is at work (also 45 minutes to an hour away, but in a different direction) we would both be too stressed. Especially since he's not always able to just drop everything and go.

And thankfully for me I have an AMAZING MIL. She really is awesome. All of my inlaws are great, I really got super lucky with them!

Newlywed sorry about your gerbil!

As for baby names my husband and I had names picked from long before we even thought about making a baby for reals. And we were never shy to tell someone our name choice, cause really I don't care if they don't like it, it's not their kid.

So I think I may have had a couple Braxton Hicks today....what do they feel like? Once or twice today it felt like the early stages of period cramps. Nothing horrible dreadful just uncomfortable and made me feel a bit sick.

Mamamac braxton hicks feel like your stomach is tightening. It goes hard for a little bit.....10 seconds or so? and during that time it can feel a little weird or uncomfortable for some people.

As for the smoking, your children come first :) I wouldnt worry about offending a smoker because its been proven over and over how dangerous smoking and second hand smoke is.

If a smoker wants me to visit I usually tell them no. My dad was the only exception and it was for special occasions only as he would visit us usually. I said I would come along if they smoked outside during our visit and made sure everyone else visiting smoked outside and aired the house out before we came.
I really didnt care if I upset anyone.

My mil smokes too but we dont visit her.

Stacey-can see why some of what you mentioned annoys you. Especially your ohs best friend. Sounds rather immature to me :dohh:

As for you mil, she's totally in the wrong being rude to you. With the tigger stuff, just humour you step mil and only put it in when you see her-you can take it off as soon as she's out the door. I had a really awful babygrow from a friend once, with a clown on it that looked like that one out of the Steven king film, but to save her feelings I put it on dd1 when she visited and it meant a lot to her.

I sound really horrible but shes bout 20+ outfits of tigger, i'm thinking of taking a few back to exchange them she wont even know, i'm grateful for every little bit of help but shes acting like baby is hers when hes mine, shes even tried naming him and is planning on taking him away on holiday for a week next year when hes my baby, its really getting to me now x

Yikes! That's excessive!! No you don't sound horrible at all-at that amount all your baby would wear is orange stripes for the first few months! It's hard-I mean, obviously she's excited, but she's ott!

Does she not have children of her own? It's tough when someone's overbearing and taking over (even if they don't mean to) like that.

As for the holiday thing-definitely put your put down and be firm now on that before she assumes it's happening honey

I've said point blank hes not going away with them, any family holidays will be with me and his dad.. No she can't have children and i think thats why she is been like this, i feel so horrible but this is my baby not hers, i know people will start calling him tigger if he wore it all i'd rather take some of it back and get stuff i like x

Did the glucose test make anyone else crash a few hours later? I was watching TV and fell asleep on the couch and only woke up when my daughter woke up from her nap.
Yup I took a nap when I got home and I am still tired now

Alsoooo... whats plan of action for after having babys?

I'm coming home and banning visitors until i'm ready to have them, OH doesn't agree with this and wants everyone there all time he loves visitors but i've put my foot down and said no point blank! Dogs have to get use to a new baby, we do and i'm breastfeeding so want to get hang of that without everyone passing baby round like pass the parcel!
I agree. I don't want a lot of visitors but my mom already is annoying me saying how all my aunts and uncles will want to come and do I want her to stay with us after the baby is born. I feel like DH, baby, and our dogs, and I need to get into a routine. I know she's trying to be helpful but I really don't want her staying with us.

I had my midwife appt this afternoon and she said I've gained almost 30 lbs! She said it's too much and I need to start walking more and watch my diet. I guess stuffing my face at the all inclusive resort on vac a last week didn't help. oops And then of course I almost cried getting in the car bc I feel like a fatass now

You aren't fat!!! I totally agree about routine, its hard with dogs as they will be excited at a new baby then all these visitors, i don't want the dogs resenting baby :(

JCliff you look fab and your daughter is beautiful :)

I don't want a lot of visitors at first, my family will probably come round after a few days but I know they won't overstep any boundaries and will make me lots of cups of tea:haha:

Is anyone else possessive over their baby already? He's not even here and I feel like I don't want people around him:blush: One of my sisters friends was round the other day and she said she was so excited and couldn't wait to meet him, I just stood there like who said you're coming anywhere near my baby. I feel terrible about it cause I've felt it when my own friends have said it too like once he's born they'll all be straight round and I don't want that. He's my son and I just want him all to myself for a while. Please tell me I'm not crazy lol

I'm exactly the same :blush: is it wrong i have a mental list of people who aren't having anything to do with baby?! i don't want their bad influence on my baby and i have rules what have to be followed around him if they don't follow a rule they don't have anything to do with him... People keep trying to touch my belly and i'm like hes mine not yours, i've only let OH and my friend touch while hes kicking lol... on about that i'd be pregnant forever if it meant he was just mine and no-one elses, i'm really protective over him... i'm going to be one of those mothers like my MIL whos heartbroken because OH is leaving home at 28 :blush: :haha:

I just wanted to pop in and say hi and finally post a bump pic for you! I took it in the bathroom at my work today at 29 weeks 2 days!

https://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab30/Laelani21/photo4_zps10fe1b49.jpg

Thanks everyone! She is the sunshine of my life and such a sweet funny little girl. I worry I won't know how to love #2 as much! (They will only be 16 months apart!)

Aww. Trust me Jcliff-your heart grows with love, and you just do love them both the same. They will be close and play mates too-will be cute watching their relationship grow too :)

Stacey-that's sad she can't have kids :-( but still, this is your baby and you deserve to enjoy dressing your boy how you wish. It doesn't mean she can't be a fun aunt though, so I think it's a balance that will work out in time for you guys. Your his mum, so you can decide on how much is too much. :flower:

Ps-think this post I'm rambling a bit...no sleep again! :wacko:

Soo I woke up in the middle of the night about 4am and every part of my body hurt. My toes, my fingers, my teeth, my neck... everything. I feel feverish and congested. I'm so stiff.. :(

It's really humid outside (98%) and rainy and I wonder if that is why. It's awful. Has this happened to anyone else?

Starbrites I've never heard of that before, maybe you caught something. You should get it checked out of it doesn't go away or gets worse.

I kept having awful nightmares that the hospital wouldn't give me my baby. Every time I would ask for him they would have another reason why I couldn't have him. I never once got to see him or hold him. It was awful!

Soo I woke up in the middle of the night about 4am and every part of my body hurt. My toes, my fingers, my teeth, my neck... everything. I feel feverish and congested. I'm so stiff.. :(

It's really humid outside (98%) and rainy and I wonder if that is why. It's awful. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh no, I hope you feel better. Watch your temp if you're feeling feverish and call the OB/nurse/midwife if you spike a fever.

Luckily I don't actually have a fever.. Just feel icky. I have an OB appointment at 4 today so I will ask her.

So we are spending the weekend at our cabin in Canada, about 1.5 hours away from where I live, and the hospital I am delivering at is 1.5-2 hours away from home, in the opposite direction. There are closer hospitals, but none have a good nicu. We also have a 10 minute boat ride, occassionally in choppy water, to get to the cabin. I never say anything to my dr about it, I just figure everything will be okay.. I'm low risk other than GD. Would you ladies be worried? I know when I get closer to my due date I'll stop going, but I don't know where to draw the line..

StarBrites-I hope that you start feeling better soon! I would definitely mention it at your appt.!

Mushy-That dream sounds horrible, you poor thing. :hugs:

Newlywed- I can see how you would worry. Given that you aren't at high risk things will probably be just fine though. It may be a good idea to phone your provider and let them know, that way they also have the opportunity to ease any fears you may have. I hope that you have a great time, it sounds like a wonderful getaway!

I finished painting the dresser for the nursery. You can't really tell in the pic but it's light gray and navy blue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 11
Newlywed i just flew 6 hours international 30 weeks. All was fine. In sure u will b too

Newlywed-- I would say you're safe, but as Tulip said maybe just phone the Dr. to give them a heads up. I had the same conversation with my DH he wants to do a weekend trip to Virginia September 26th-October 10th. I told him I'm not sure I'm comfortable being that far away from our hospital and family that close to my due date.

Geralyn-- The dresser looks amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->