*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Geralyn, that dresser is awesome!!!!!!!

Newleywed, I'm sure you'd be fine, but it never hurts to just update your doc.

Aww. Trust me Jcliff-your heart grows with love, and you just do love them both the same. They will be close and play mates too-will be cute watching their relationship grow too :)

Stacey-that's sad she can't have kids :-( but still, this is your baby and you deserve to enjoy dressing your boy how you wish. It doesn't mean she can't be a fun aunt though, so I think it's a balance that will work out in time for you guys. Your his mum, so you can decide on how much is too much. :flower:

Ps-think this post I'm rambling a bit...no sleep again! :wacko:

I know she means well its just over-baring and i'm a miss grumpy guts as its too hot for me :blush:

WOW - 10 weeks to go! technically 7 until i'm fullterm, i'm so excited but nervous at the same time! x

So we are spending the weekend at our cabin in Canada, about 1.5 hours away from where I live, and the hospital I am delivering at is 1.5-2 hours away from home, in the opposite direction. There are closer hospitals, but none have a good nicu. We also have a 10 minute boat ride, occassionally in choppy water, to get to the cabin. I never say anything to my dr about it, I just figure everything will be okay.. I'm low risk other than GD. Would you ladies be worried? I know when I get closer to my due date I'll stop going, but I don't know where to draw the line..

I think it will be fine. Is it in Ontario? The NICU's in Ontario are fairly spread out but if you needed one, they will bring you by ambulance. I was brought to a bigger hospital by ambulance when my daughter was born because the hospital I was at didn't deal with babies born before 34 weeks.

I got a call today that I failed my glucose test. They are mailing me the forms so I can go for the 2 hour one next week. I really don't want to have to drink that stuff again and I don't know what I am going to do with my daughter while I am waiting around for 2 hours. It was really hard to keep her amused for 1 hour and she was getting very hyper by the end of it.

I got a call today that I failed my glucose test. They are mailing me the forms so I can go for the 2 hour one next week. I really don't want to have to drink that stuff again and I don't know what I am going to do with my daughter while I am waiting around for 2 hours. It was really hard to keep her amused for 1 hour and she was getting very hyper by the end of it.

I'm sorry to hear that. : ( I hope you pass this time with flying colors!!! I totally understand being nervous about having to entertain your daughter while there. My son would not do well with that, either. He is a "lets go outside and play" kind of kid--not a "sit quietly and read for two hours."

I'm sorry to hear that. : ( I hope you pass this time with flying colors!!! I totally understand being nervous about having to entertain your daughter while there. My son would not do well with that, either. He is a "lets go outside and play" kind of kid--not a "sit quietly and read for two hours."

That's exactly how my daughter is. She brings me her shoes every morning and says "shoes on" and wants to go outside before we've even had breakfast. At least it is only a 2 hour test not 3 hours.

I finished painting the dresser for the nursery. You can't really tell in the pic but it's light gray and navy blue

Oh my gosh I love!! I love taking something and making it better than before!

That's exactly how my daughter is. She brings me her shoes every morning and says "shoes on" and wants to go outside before we've even had breakfast. At least it is only a 2 hour test not 3 hours.

Thank goodness it isn't longer!! Maybe just bring LOTS of different activities, so she has choices when she gets bored with one thing--maybe small toys, books, coloring sheets, etc. (a toddler tablet, if you allow it with her.) I'm sorry, because I know my DS wouldn't handle that well at all. I hate you have that added stress on top of already having to go back for the 2nd test. I'll be praying you get great results, and no more long appointments are necessary!!

So we are spending the weekend at our cabin in Canada, about 1.5 hours away from where I live, and the hospital I am delivering at is 1.5-2 hours away from home, in the opposite direction. There are closer hospitals, but none have a good nicu. We also have a 10 minute boat ride, occassionally in choppy water, to get to the cabin. I never say anything to my dr about it, I just figure everything will be okay.. I'm low risk other than GD. Would you ladies be worried? I know when I get closer to my due date I'll stop going, but I don't know where to draw the line..

I had a trip down to the states planned (I'm in Canada) for next week and my doctor advised against it, but I'm having twins of course so that could be why. He said it wasnt worth the risk even though it probably wouldn't be an issue you just never know. If check with your doctor for sure.

I finished painting the dresser for the nursery. You can't really tell in the pic but it's light gray and navy blue

LOVE It!!!!!

Starbrites-get well soon. Doesn't sound nice at all-doesn't sound normal pregnancy ailments, so definitely mention it :flower:

Geralyn-wow love the makeover you gave that dresser-looks amazing!

31 weeks today!! I'm aching in my hip bones today and can't wait to be full term now!

I do like hot weather but I'm finding it so difficult during pregnancy. I'm trying to sort things out ready but I keep feeling light headed.

29 weeks today! I can't believe next week is 30 already!! Been such a busy last few weeks it's flown by.

I was at the commonwealth games on Wednesday and it was a great day but it involved a lot of walking and yesterday I couldn't put any pressure on my hip at all so couldn't walk! Dh managed to swap some shifts so he could stay home to help with the kids as I literally couldn't get off the couch without help. It's still sore today but I can walk although it's a bit painful so trying to rest as much as possible with two little ones and hopefully tomorrow it will be even better.

We still have a couple of things left to buy for baby so will be going to get them next week and that'll be us all ready for him :) dh will know on Wednesday what holiday days off he can get so the scan studio said I can phone that day and arrange our 3d scan. The studio is a few hours away and it's my birthday soon so we'll be staying away the night to save lots of travelling in one day and to celebrate my birthday and probably do something the next day that is fun for the kids :)

Love the dresser Geralyn.

I'm still struggling with the heat too, we're not used to this heat in Scotland lol :)

Does anyone else just feel absolutely exhausted? My eyes hurt to keep open and I just feel so run down and sick :( I don't know if it's just third tri feelings or a side effect of my whooping cough jab the other day, all I know is I feel terrible and LO has been quieter these past few days too.

At my OB appointment yesterday baby girl was head down! Hoping she stays that way even though it's causing me a ton of pressure down there. Yesterday I went to the store and started getting sharp stabbing pain (think the pain you feel getting cut by a piece of glass) up in the back of my vagina and I had to stop to breathe through the pain a couple times! But her heartbeat is great and fundal height was 31! Doctor started me on ranatadine for my constant heartburn too.

Happy 31 weeks yoyo! You're in single digit weeks now!!

Allstar - happy 29 weeks!

I'm struggling with the heat too - and my bladder. I think she's resting on it again as it eased off for a few weeks. I'm still feeling a bit anxious that she's measuring 2 weeks behind. I'm going to the midwife again on Tuesday to check my blood pressure which was on the high end so I really hope she will measure baby again to check she's growing ok. I'm tempted to do another scan although we hadn't planned to. She is still kicking lots though and my belly has definitely got a lot bigger in the last couple of weeks so hopefully all is ok and it just means she will be on the smaller side which can't be a bad thing during labour! (Trying to stay positive!)

I haven't been too tired yet but am feeling it slightly more in the late evenings. I want to be making the most of going out for dinner and doing all the things I won't be able to do after October but all I want to do is sit on the sofa in front of the TV!! I need to motivate myself again!

Does anyone else just feel absolutely exhausted? My eyes hurt to keep open and I just feel so run down and sick :( I don't know if it's just third tri feelings or a side effect of my whooping cough jab the other day, all I know is I feel terrible and LO has been quieter these past few days too.

Yes, me! I'm not sleeping well at all, and the heat has made me swell, which has set off the arthritis in my feet terribly. I've started getting restless legs (and arms, who knew that was even a thing?!). I'm also getting quite breathless, even just sat down, because of how high my bump is getting. All added together, not a happy mama! It will be worth it in the end, but seriously, next time I'm pregnant, I want it to be in the winter! Need to plan for no. 2 to be a spring baby, I think!

I felt like a zombie most of this week, also not helped by the DTaP jab on Wednesday evening, which made my arm feel like it'd been hit with a brick, and it's bruised where the needle went in, too.

LO has been hyperactive the last couple of days, which is quite nice (he/she is still considerate enough to be quiet when I'm trying to sleep!).

Geralyn, I love your dresser :) It's lovely making things for our LOs, isn't it? I'm about to start on curtains for the nursery, as my friend just dropped round her sewing machine for me to borrow. I haven't used a sewing machine for about 20 years, so this is going to be interesting!

5 more weeks at work...!

Yes! I'm a few days past 27 weeks, and I'm completely exhausted. I got my tDap on Tuesday of this week--do you think that might be it? I've never heard of a connection there, but gosh that would make me feel better than thinking I was going to be exhausted for the next 13 weeks!!

Yes! I'm a few days past 27 weeks, and I'm completely exhausted. I got my tDap on Tuesday of this week--do you think that might be it? I've never heard of a connection there, but gosh that would make me feel better than thinking I was going to be exhausted for the next 13 weeks!!

I'm not sure, it feels like I've got heatstroke but I've not been outside:dohh: I've heard of some people not feeling well after having it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->