October bumpkins 2019

growth scan done. placenta and cord look normal. Femur length is still under 5th percentile, estimated fetal weight has dropped from 12th to just under 5th percentile.
The scan woman think this is mostly due to the unusual leg measurements throwing off the weight calculations, but need to see what the midwife thinks tomorrow (consultant is on holiday this week!)
Trying not to stress, because she kept reassuring me that everything else looked fine, but it really wasnt the news we were hoping for...!

May b he is just a short baby.. it is ok.. as long as had circumfrence/bpd are ok.
could also be that growth spurt is on the cards and femur will catch up..

With us, it is always abdominal circumfrence, which is low.. and it throws off the calculations for weight, but doc says to expect a thin baby only.

I can understand your anxiety, but you are almost there.. I have my growth scan too on Saturday, and expecting him to drop as well but its fine. may b we just make small babies :)

May b he is just a short baby.. it is ok.. as long as had circumfrence/bpd are ok.
could also be that growth spurt is on the cards and femur will catch up..

With us, it is always abdominal circumfrence, which is low.. and it throws off the calculations for weight, but doc says to expect a thin baby only.

I can understand your anxiety, but you are almost there.. I have my growth scan too on Saturday, and expecting him to drop as well but its fine. may b we just make small babies :)

I've calmed down a little now - a little shortie is most definitely something I can deal with, and his head is the most important and which is just under the 50%ile, so I need to keep looking on the bright side! Could really do with the next few weeks to hurry up though, the stress is going to give a heart attack haha!
good luck for Saturday.xx

At my weekly appointment now! I expect everything to still look good! Next week should be when things start to get real! I’ll have a growth scan, all my other checks and he will check to see if I’m dilated any and it’s possible he may start NST! We’ll see!

Sounds like you’re growing a cute shorty Doddy :p

Exciting to hear about weekly checks now!

I have a ton of doctors appointments over the next couple of weeks. Since I’m getting a 2nd opinion on the section and it’s in a different city, I have twice the appointments - so like 1 for the OB here in town, 1 for the anesthesiologist consult in town, then both those appointments again in the other city. Plus the regular midwife visits - so a lot of doctors!! It’s nice though, being so busy makes the time fly by.

I’m having a hard time slowing down and taking it easy. Basically there are a bunch of things I want to get done before baby comes (and winter!) so it’s been kind of chaotic. We’ve never owned a house before let alone taken care of a yard, and ours is becoming overrun with crabgrass. So I’m out there every day pulling up more and more crabgrass, then we’re supposed to re-seed it all in the next week or two. Plus we have these giant unruly shrubs that need constant trimming and attention. Ugh I can’t wait until winter comes just so I can stop doing yard work :haha:

That and we have a few leaky faucets that need to be fixed, one of which is relatively involved. Going to rip out the bathroom closet and make it open shelving.

Aaaaaand at some point we should probably set some things up for the baby :haha:

Anyhow. This next month will just disappear I’m sure, then it’s baby time!

Husband rant:

First let me say this.. he is great! He’s an amazing husband and has been awesome this entire pregnancy! He’s a wonderful dad. Most of this is because I’m huge and pregnant and hormonal and tired and hurting and uncomfortable and all the things at this point!

So here’s my rant.. and I just need to get it out here to feel better and move on with the rest of this pregnancy!
Background about us to make this make sense more:
He is partners with his dad and uncle for a new construction plumbing business. So he is the boss but also does physical labor too. Some days he doesn’t have to do much and gets home like a normal person some times he works til 8:30-9:00 at night.. perks of being a boss right! I have always been PRN (work as I’m needed when people take off) in X-ray and really it was only like 1 tome a month maybe more but not much. Then a year ago the plumbing company basically needed me to work so for the last year (which means this entire pregnancy) I’ve been working there 30-40 hours a week, granted a lot of my work can be done from home so the more pregnant I get the more I stay and work from home instead of going into the office. Even though I work from home most days of the week now, I STILL have both kids 24/7. Whether I go into the office or not they’re with me. So I get them up, I get them changed, I get the breakfast, I load them up in the car by myself, i do all the appointments, all the activities, I am 100% stay at home mom + full time working at the office/home at the same time. I also have a photography business.. I control how busy that is and I really kept it slow this year because I was pregnant and I am officially on maternity leave for that. He does keep the kids at the office for me when I go to my appointments, he plays with the kids when he gets home, he helps with baths and bedtime every night, he will take a kid sometimes both if he is outside doing stuff.. he definitely does his “share” after work with them.

So basically I think most people would agree we both work and we both take care of the kids.. what’s the big deal lady?

Normally, nothing... lately everything because I’m so pregnant. I’m “nesting”. I hurt, I can hardly breathe or get up from sitting and sleeping is a joke. Y’all agree I’m sure. So when it comes to housework and dinner and such I need all the help more now than ever! We had sooo much laundry a few weeks ago, probably a good 8 loads plus 2-3 that needed washing. I did ALL of it in one day so that we could be caught up with it. He has literally helped with 1 load since and now it’s piling up again and I have a very hard time bending over to get laundry in and out (we have front loaders and they are so low). I physically have a difficult time with it. Why should I have to ask him to help? It’s his laundry too and I’m working just as much! Dinner.. I’ve been the one to cook dinner for several months probably. We normally go 50/50 here but he has hardly had to cook dinner recently as I’ve just done it. Tonight he cooked dinner. 4 little pork chops and 1 cup of rice for a family of 4 (one pregnant lady, 1 toddler that eats like a teenager, him and our 4 year old daughter) this is clearly not enough food for our family. I feel so selfish speaking like that because I know there’s so many people that don’t even get dinner, but by the grace of god we’re blessed to have plenty of food to feed our family. We just got done working on a couple projects outside and I’m totally hurting and paying for it now so he cooked the dinner. He puts our son in the high chair in dining room, daughter at the bar top in the kitchen and he comes and sits with his food on the couch (I hadn’t gotten up to get my plate yet) I got sooo mad he left our 19 month old son alone in the dining room to eat!!!! Like seriously? His response.. he eats by himself all the time! Um bull crap no he does not! You can’t even see him! So he gets up finally and goes in there with him! I get up get my plate and there’s seriously like nothing on it. I immediately thought he gave my plate to one of the kids or just didn’t know how much I wanted.. I really only wanted the rice. The small pork chop was still plenty for me. I ask if there was more rice and he said no that’s all everyone got. When he said that I got heated again because literally you KNOW that’s not enough dinner for our family open a dang can or corn or green beans or something man! Really? His response was “I was cooking I couldn’t tell how much it was” y’all insert smoke blowing from my ears!!! I was like really? I’m sooooooo sorry you had to cook one night! So sorry to inconvenience you! But if you’re cooking you can see how much food you have!! I wanted to say so much more but I just shut my mouth cause of the kids. But this kind of stuff is just setting me off! Like I work my butt off too, I’m very pregnant and I have our kids 85% of the time by myself! Like I shouldn’t have to ask you to do ANYTHING! You can see what needs to be done. I bust my butt to straighten up every single day after the kids and keep our home cleaned up! Throwing some laundry in the wash or dryer or folding it or putting it away should be something you’re willing to do without being asked. Saying I’ll cook dinner tonight should be something you’re willing to do. Like don’t half ass stuff because that’s my biggest pet peeve and we’ve been together 13 years you know that! And then when I do get pissed do not feel like you have a right to get pissed off back! Not this time! Not to mention he still gets to do his hobbies whenever he wants!!! I’m not saying he doesn’t take a kid but he doesn’t ever have to wonder who will take his kids or if he can do it because of the kids. It’s just he’s going and no discussion about it... if I do say something about him not going then everyone and their momma get mad at me. Its also another pet peeve!!

Ugh! Sorry this is soOooo long but I just needed to get it out!

Ugh Brittany how frustrating. I get it, DH does zero laundry and zero cleaning. Anything I want done around the house (mowing the lawn, take out the garbage etc) I have to ask or it won’t get done. Plus although he does cook, he makes the world’s biggest mess!! I could cook dinner and clean up in the meantime in the same amount of time it takes me to clean the mess he makes from cooking.

Anyways, he’s a good dad and he helps a lot - but I do understand the frustration!! I think it’s a guy thing :shrug:

Ugh Brittany how frustrating. I get it, DH does zero laundry and zero cleaning. Anything I want done around the house (mowing the lawn, take out the garbage etc) I have to ask or it won’t get done. Plus although he does cook, he makes the world’s biggest mess!! I could cook dinner and clean up in the meantime in the same amount of time it takes me to clean the mess he makes from cooking.

Anyways, he’s a good dad and he helps a lot - but I do understand the frustration!! I think it’s a guy thing :shrug:
Yes I think so too! It’s just by the end of the day after work and having kids I’m exhausted and in pain and just over the day and so he gets most of my frustrations, but some of it he brings on himself!
Yes I cook dinner and clean up as I’m cooking! It bugs me to have to clean a kitchen after dinner. I mean plates and such is one thing, but as I make everyone’s plates I go ahead and wash the pot or pan.. takes 30 seconds and it’s done. Feel better today but I’m sure something will set me off tonight lol! Ugh!

Don’t want to rush the last month with my 2 babies and the very last time I’ll be pregnant but also so ready to not be so moody and in pain and big.

It is frustrating..and many times I lash out on my husband as well.. but I give him the benefit of doubt.. on most days he is a great husband and excellent father, so we get by with it. I know several folks who don't even change baby's nappies or play with them . Well :|
Another few weeks!!

Have my growth scan in an hour. Expecting him to drop as has been the pattern but really hope the flow, liquor n all r maintained..

As expected, crap scan and I am really scared now.
My amniotic fluid has gone down to 7.2 so I have to get IV fluids and steroid shots today.
Baby is measuring 4lb 3oz and his tummy is measuring really behind so very thin, like really thin.. so that is freaking me out.

The reason is that my placenta is small and nutrition to baby is sub optimal. I just have to wait it out. I m yet to meet OB but I reckon there are several scans, IVs and NSTs lined up for me in next 3 weeks.

Tentative csec now at around 37 weeks.

As expected, crap scan and I am really scared now.
My amniotic fluid has gone down to 7.2 so I have to get IV fluids and steroid shots today.
Baby is measuring 4lb 3oz and his tummy is measuring really behind so very thin, like really thin.. so that is freaking me out.

The reason is that my placenta is small and nutrition to baby is sub optimal. I just have to wait it out. I m yet to meet OB but I reckon there are several scans, IVs and NSTs lined up for me in next 3 weeks.

Tentative csec now at around 37 weeks.

I'm sorry it didnt go well! Glad you have had the steroids and that they are monitoring closely though.
Fingers crossed you get to 37 weeks without too much more drama! These babies are troublemakers!x

has anyone lost any of there mucus plug? i have lost about 3 bits this past week x

no Loss of plug but lightning crotch came this morning. First time this pregnancy

Hi ladies
I haven't had the chance to read through the thread yet but thought I wud update you all.
It's been a very eventful 2 days.
Yesterday I started getting the contractions again but brushed it off as Braxton hicks. Anyway as the day progressed I noticed I kept getting these pains and my lower back was so painful and I had so much presure like something was forcing down.
The contractions ended up getting to 3 mins apart then 2 mins. I was kept in hospital and examined but cervix is soft but still not dilated so they kept me in over night to keep an eye on things.
The contractions fizzled out for about 1 hour then returned again but were not as close together.
Somehow I managed to get some sleep but not much but by morning the contractions and back ache had completely fizzled out so I was sent home.
However since being home I've lost my mukas plug. I was losing small bits of it which looked stringy and thick but then I lost a massive bit which looked like rubber and had dark brown inside it. After losing that when I wiped I had the normol clear mukas but it had blood in it. Which I believe is the bloody show. It happened twice when I wiped after losing the huge plug.
I have rang them and ive been told to put on a sanitary towel which I have and if the contractions come back and get painful and regular or if my waters break I need to call them and go back in.

Baby is also now 4/5 engaged. He was completely free on Friday but he is starting to go down now.

I feel ok at the minute. A bit period crampy but its not contracting just feels like when ure period is about to start. Back is a bit achey but not as much as yesterday and the tops of my legs ache which is a bit odd.
They said it definitely sounds like I've had the show but that I just got to sit tight rest and keep an eye on things.

I know u can lose bits of the plug and it be like a yellow colour and that doesnt mean labour is about to start any time soon. But this had blood In it. Its was sticky and just gross. It actually looked like a plug to which is weird lol.
Bit worried because its still a bit early but do u guys think things cud be stirring?

I was also told to get my hospital bag packed which I have done today so there all packed now just incase.

On a brighter note its September which means baby will hopfully be here this month. Hoping I can get ti 36 weeks tho and things dont start in the next week.
I'm I wishful thinking?

Last edited:
Hi ladies
I haven't had the chance to read through the thread yet but thought I wud update you all.
It's been a very eventful 2 days.
Yesterday I started getting the contractions again but brushed it off as Braxton hicks. Anyway as the day progressed I noticed I kept getting these pains and my lower back was so painful and I had so much presure like something was forcing down.
The contractions ended up getting to 3 mins apart then 2 mins. I was kept in hospital and examined but cervix is soft but still not dilated so they kept me in over night to keep an eye on things.
The contractions fizzled out for about 1 hour then returned again but were not as close together.
Somehow I managed to get some sleep but not much but by morning the contractions and back ache had completely fizzled out so I was sent home.
However since being home I've lost my mukas plug. I was losing small bits of it which looked stringy and thick but then I lost a massive bit which looked like rubber and had dark brown inside it. After losing that when I wiped I had the normol clear mukas but it had blood in it. Which I believe is the bloody show. It happened twice when I wiped after losing the huge plug.
I have rang them and ive been told to put on a sanitary towel which I have and if the contractions come back and get painful and regular or if my waters break I need to call them and go back in.

Baby is also now 4/5 engaged. He was completely free on Friday but he is starting to go down now.

I feel ok at the minute. A bit period crampy but its not contracting just feels like when ure period is about to start. Back is a bit achey but not as much as yesterday and the tops of my legs ache which is a bit odd.
They said it definitely sounds like I've had the show but that I just got to sit tight rest and keep an eye on things.

I know u can lose bits of the plug and it be like a yellow colour and that doesnt mean labour is about to start any time soon. But this had blood In it. Its was sticky and just gross. It actually looked like a plug to which is weird lol.
Bit worried because its still a bit early but do u guys think things cud be stirring?

I was also told to get my hospital bag packed which I have done today so there all packed now just incase.

On a brighter note its September which means baby will hopfully be here this month. Hoping I can get ti 36 weeks tho and things dont start in the next week.
I'm I wishful thinking?
omg sugger i hope ur ok and baby stays put abit longer, i have also lost some of my plug, about 4 bits over the past week x

Screenshot_20190901-194447_Gallery.jpg

This was after my contractions had settled a bit but then came back not as regular

omg sugger i hope ur ok and baby stays put abit longer, i have also lost some of my plug, about 4 bits over the past week x

Oh hon bless ya. It's ok to lose bits of it and it's just a pale yellow colour. Its mainly when u have the show as in the bloody show which I believe I had. I had a little pinky stretchy stuff when I wiped but it wasnt alot and then I had thick pale yellow stringy gloopy stuff and I was like I'm losing bits of my plug but wasnt to alarmed as there was no blood and it was only a few bits. But then I noticed a bite increase in mukas and that's when the actual plug came out. It was alot and big and was pale yellow but on the inside was dark which I think was old blood. Then when that came out and I wiped it was all this mukas with reddy pink blood.
Sitting here all worried now waiting for the next thing. Having presure In my vagina to urghhhh.

Hopefully he doesn’t come yet!!! He needs to bake a little more! Stay rested and sitting as much as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->