October bumpkins 2019

Wow sugger. I m sure you ll b overwhelmed.
A big baby is sure enough reason to ask for early induction or csec..

I had our first NST today.. thnk God passed with flying colors. I m being given IV fluids every alternate day and the needle hurts :(
They prick the hand, just below fingers and today it took them 3 bloody attempts to get it right..!
Hve to take 2 more and then a scan next week. My placenta has also matured and started calcification so probably 37 weeks is the max I'll go.. hope can keep cooking till then.. fingers crossed

Sorry to all the craziness everyone is having!

My appointment is supposed to be tomorrow. Check for dilation, growth scan, NST, blood work everything, but there is legitimately a hurricane coming this afternoon/ tomorrow so I think it’s going to be canceled til next week :(

I have had a lot of lightning crotch this week and more spd pain which makes me think baby has dropped! I really want to make it to October though so hoping nothing gets to crazy over here

I’m over here reading all your updates on the edge of my seat! Nothing that exciting is happening over here, waiting on my consult next Friday to hopefully (!) get a section date. Definitely won’t be until October though, no September baby for us!

Having a security system installed today, when we first moved into this house our neighbour 3 houses down was shot and killed :shock: Its not that bad a neighbourhood - the shooting was a drug related thing - but there are a lot of break ins that happen in the city so it’s nice to have an alarm haha. Plus it lowered our insurance enough that it was basically free :haha:

DS1 also has a doctors appointment today - he’s had a funny lump on his back for ages. We took him in around 8 months and they did X-rays that came back normal, so now we just go back to check up on it. The doctor is guessing it’s just a rib that’s poking out a little. It’s been 6 months since we were there last so we’ll see what he says today.

Hugs to everyone having a rough go, it must be a bit stressful to think about premature babies and inductions and sections etc! Hoping everyone has smooth deliveries and healthy babies :)

Awe Sugger, everything will be alright. Dont worry so much, everything will work out you have to believe in yourself that you can do it. We all can do it and we will... hugs!!!

I'm so scared hon I've been doing nothing but crying. I know I cant push out a big baby I have had 2 very traumatic births and now I'm so scared of tearing and him getting stuck like DS1 and needing forceps. I just hope and pray he comes b4 my induction[-o<

@Suggerhoney did they ever say if he got to a certain size they would bring you in earlier?

Why can't you have a section again?

No hon they dont do anything if ure having a big baby. I cant have a section because I'm at to much of a high risk of bleeding out on the table due to my liver anti rejection medication.
I saw the consultant after and I still have no induction date. I'm absolutely gutted and cant stop crying because I'm so frightened. Esp after 2 previous traumatic births. I just can not do this hon.
I asked her if she cud give me a rough date but she said it will be the week starting the 23rd so anyway that whole week so I cud go to 38 weeks and he will be 9 1/2 to 10lbs but they dont seem to care hon.
I was so hoping I wud get my actual date today but now I have to wait another 2 weeks to get it when I'm 36+2. :-(

Ohhh sugger don’t be sad. Have you expressed your anxiety to your consultant? I wish they could be a little more understanding towards you and your situation, especially because of your past pregnancies and complications :(

Yes hon I have but feel like I'm not being taken seriously. I'm so angry and hurt and upsett. They dont want me to have a section so why push me to go so far knowing that he is a huge baby which will then put me at a risk of a emergency c section. Its literally makes no sense. I was talking to her about my 2 traumatic births and she was just didnt seem all that bothered. She just said I wont have to go over 38 weeks but he will be 9 to 10bls if i go that far. Thanks for ure kind words hon.

Afm...

I went for a wee and wiped and had some plug (have been having for maybe 2 weeks now) little and often come away... but this time it had tinges of blood in it?
I have a midwife app today so I will bring it up. But does that mean anything?

I had my plug some away bit by bit for a couple of weeks before having my son, but never any blood? X

Hon I had my whole mukas plug and the bloody show come out on sunday so I'm hoping that means things are close and I will go into labour on my own b4 the induction.
My mukas plug was big a kind of light green in colour with brown on the inside of it and it looked like rubber it was so thick and large. Can see why they call it a plug now. I've never seen one b4. I also had the bloddy show just after when I wiped which was just normal mukas but with blood in. Had nothing since tho.

Ladies I do hope I go into labour b4 induction and it isn't to far of . I've been feeling very odd since losing the plug and having the bloody show.
Extreme lighting crotch that is feels as if a knife is being jabbed up ther . Lots and lots of presure in my lower abdomen and cervix area. Also sharp twinges between the vjay hole and butt hole (sorry TMI)
Babies head feels so so low. I have extreme exhaustion and lower back and pelvic pain.
Also feels like my waters are about to break and pain in my groan.

Bump has dropped loads is so so low.
Really hope he will be here in the next week or two. I did want him to stay put until 37 weeks but not now I know he is so big.
20190902_213214.jpg

I've been in the ICP support group on FB expressing my worries and again being told that the growth scans are not accurate. My bump isnt even that big so I just dont understand it.

A lovely girl she had a growth scan and they told her her baby was going to be only 6lbs and her baby was 9lb 7oz so it was way way way out with her. I dont know maybe I shouldn't take the growth scan so seriously but I was just so gobsmacked when she said 6lb 13oz that's nearly 7lbs and I cud have another 3 to 3 and a half weeks to go. :cry:

Sorry to all the craziness everyone is having!

My appointment is supposed to be tomorrow. Check for dilation, growth scan, NST, blood work everything, but there is legitimately a hurricane coming this afternoon/ tomorrow so I think it’s going to be canceled til next week :(

I have had a lot of lightning crotch this week and more spd pain which makes me think baby has dropped! I really want to make it to October though so hoping nothing gets to crazy over here

Are u near Florida hon oh please keep safe sweetheart I'm thinking of you.

Are u near Florida hon oh please keep safe sweetheart I'm thinking of you.
I’m in SC on the coast so not far from Florida.. we’ve had some winds pick up tonight and over night tonight and tomorrow will be the worst. We’re expected lots of rain and wind and so much storm surge to cause flooding issues. It floods so bad around here just with the tide of the ocean that any kind of storm creates problems much less having a hurricane.

My appointment was canceled but praying things aren’t too bad around here and I can get in early next week. I’ll be 36 weeks come Sunday/Monday so very interested to see where we are on the growth scan as well as dilation and effacement. Really want to make it to 10/1 at least even with all the aches and pains! But we’ll see!

Sorry to hear about all the craziness ladies. Hope all our little babies stay put a while longer!

AFM things look brilliant with my OH. We've been doing great. Maternity leave started today so that's me finished until the 29th June 2020. I'm so glad because I was getting absolutely exhausted in work and the pains I've had are insane. First baby so not sure whether they are braxton hicks or that lightning crotch but it's just a sharp pain that makes me double over and then a tightness then it goes away. It comes and goes whenever it feels like it, so it seems haha!

I have midwife on Tuesday and hopefully baby is still head down because she has a tendency to flip about a lot but was head down 2 weeks ago. As I'm low risk I only see my midwife every 3 weeks. I've been having sickness every now and then and lots of acid reflux but other than that and the pains all seems good.

I reckon I'll go overdue but hopefully not. Everyone thinks I'll go early because I'm very petite and my bumps getting very big. I would love to go around 39 weeks as soon as baby is proper full term.

I’m in SC on the coast so not far from Florida.. we’ve had some winds pick up tonight and over night tonight and tomorrow will be the worst. We’re expected lots of rain and wind and so much storm surge to cause flooding issues. It floods so bad around here just with the tide of the ocean that any kind of storm creates problems much less having a hurricane.

My appointment was canceled but praying things aren’t too bad around here and I can get in early next week. I’ll be 36 weeks come Sunday/Monday so very interested to see where we are on the growth scan as well as dilation and effacement. Really want to make it to 10/1 at least even with all the aches and pains! But we’ll see!

Stay safe xx

Dont want to jinx myself too soon here! But after being in hospital the last few days and needing steroids and all other medications for a very eager baby at 30 weeks, there is a big chance baby could be an october baby (originally due 9th November) I will be 36 weeks on October 12th, and basically he could arrive any time between now and then, I dont want a September baby, he will be too premature! But from October, that will be okay! Fingers crossed hes still a november baby, but if not, he will be apart of your group instead :)

Dont want to jinx myself too soon here! But after being in hospital the last few days and needing steroids and all other medications for a very eager baby at 30 weeks, there is a big chance baby could be an october baby (originally due 9th November) I will be 36 weeks on October 12th, and basically he could arrive any time between now and then, I dont want a September baby, he will be too premature! But from October, that will be okay! Fingers crossed hes still a november baby, but if not, he will be apart of your group instead :)
Fingers crossed baby stays put but if not babys born from 30 weeks can do very well after a NICU or scbu stay so dont worry too much and the longer you go the better he will do x

Oh Britt please stay safe hon I am thinking of you. [-o<

Sorry to hear about all the craziness ladies. Hope all our little babies stay put a while longer!

AFM things look brilliant with my OH. We've been doing great. Maternity leave started today so that's me finished until the 29th June 2020. I'm so glad because I was getting absolutely exhausted in work and the pains I've had are insane. First baby so not sure whether they are braxton hicks or that lightning crotch but it's just a sharp pain that makes me double over and then a tightness then it goes away. It comes and goes whenever it feels like it, so it seems haha!

I have midwife on Tuesday and hopefully baby is still head down because she has a tendency to flip about a lot but was head down 2 weeks ago. As I'm low risk I only see my midwife every 3 weeks. I've been having sickness every now and then and lots of acid reflux but other than that and the pains all seems good.

I reckon I'll go overdue but hopefully not. Everyone thinks I'll go early because I'm very petite and my bumps getting very big. I would love to go around 39 weeks as soon as baby is proper full term.

Oh Jessie that is so good to hear about u and ure other half what a lovely turn around.
Keep an eye on them pains hon if they get regular like 10 the 5 mins apart and get stronger it cud be contractions. Or it cud be the lovely Braxton hicks practice contractions. Isnt pregnancy fun Haha.

Hello sweety and welcome to the October Bumkins. U already know me :hi:
Everyone else is lovely in here so ure fit in perfectly. Good to have u on board hon.
heres a profile pic of baby, it was the best she could get as babys head is very very low down x

View attachment 1067514
Awww cute hon. I got an amazing profile of my little dude with his chubby little cheeks Haha. But he was low so cudnt see that much. He was sucking his thumb bless. I didnt get a photo tho so I cant share with u all sadly.
Ure baby is beautiful hon.

booked in for induction on the 27th of this month! cant wait x

So glad u got ure date hon. Hope I get mine next it's been such a long wait to get one. Been told it will be the week starting the 23rd September and the earlier side of 37 weeks but looking forward to having a actual fixed date. Will get it on the 18th September when I'll be 36+2. Seems a few of us are having September babies.
The September thread is so quite so I haven't been over there for a while now but I'm sure it will pick up again soon hopfully with lots of lovely birth announcements.

So ladies been having niggles all night and I've been having a few contractions on and off all day but now they have got closer together. Not been timing them but if they keep coming i will. They feel different to Saturdays ones and way more period crampy and sharp. I've had back ache all night and day and I have diareah and I feel sick and really not hungry. Not feeling the extreme exhaustion as much today just very achey. And off.
Lots and lost of preasure in the cervix and foof:oops::oops::oops:

Back keeps cramping very odd.
Prob turn out to be nothing but I'm keeping an eye on it.

thank u sugger, im praying that u get ur date soon aswell, forgot to mention aswell baby is estimated at 5ib 5 atm x

@Suggerhoney I'm part of the September facebook group there has been a few babies born.. just not updated bnb x

Anyone can join.. it's a very active fb group x

We came out ok from the hurricane! It stayed off our coast thankfully so we didn’t get too much damage. A few trees and limbs down and power was out for about 10 hours so not that bad! We still have some rain and gusts of wind but I think we’re out of it now!

Calling tomorrow to reschedule my dr appointment

Work from home started for me today.
So I can work from home till the time I don't have the baby and no leaves get deducted, yay..

Busy week lined up.. scan on Tuesday.. pls pray for me that the growth/fluid pick up and placenta behaves.. I really want to keep this babe cooking till 37weeks atleast..

I was in a tonnnn of pain last night! So much pelvic pain which was mainly the right side and then back pain and then some weird constant ache around my entire belly and then pressure in my butt like you get before having baby! It was a rough night!

Have to call this morning to reschedule my appointments.

Also realized last night dh andni will need to rearrange our room because my side of the bed is right by the bathroom door and the bassinet will take up too much room and we will be able to get in and out of the bathroom. So we will have to move things around a little because it’s much easier for baby to be within arms reach than me having to get up and walk to baby 100 times a night and unless he wants to do that for me we’re rearranging the room!

The doctors office was closed again today so I couldn’t make appointment.. I’ll have to try again Monday

How is everyone??

I dont know about the rest of you but for me I dont feel like I have much to say so not posting much :shrug: I am reading everyone's posts tho...

36 weeks tomorrow and omg I am dying with heart burn.. even prescription tablets aren't helping me.. water and ice caused me to have bad acid reflux like seriously water!!!!! I cannot wait to not be suffering with that anymore...

Monday 2 weeks till my section and I still haven't packed my hospital bags lol.. I have everything I just need to sort and put into my bag. Hoping to do it tomorrow lol.. everytime I go to sort it I get so tired and just leave it :shy:

I was reading the first couple of pages on this thread and how far we have all come.. pretty much have spoke to all you lovely ladies for most of 2019 :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->