October bumpkins 2019

Hello everyone how you all doing?

Tommy is 7 weeks old today and weighs 11lbs.
We took him to see a doctor and he has colic.
I'm not gonna lie the last few weeks have been so hard and I got really really low.
I just keep telling myself that it will pass.
The past 2 weeks has been the worse and I'm not gonna lie I have broken down a few times in tears because I Just feel so helpless and useless.
We have tried everything and nothing works.
Some days are worse than others and the doctor told is it usually settles around 12 weeks.
Hopfully it will be b4 then.
I have been so snappy with my husband and I feel like a horrible person. Dont think it helps matters that I'm on AF and my goodness it's so heavy.
Hope ure all ok and babies are ok.

Hi Sugger,

Sorry Tommy has colic. With my DS1 it stopped at 11 weeks, hopefully it’s the same for you (or sooner!!) Best advice I ever got for dealing with colic, was wearing a pair of headphones and playing your favourite music loud enough to drown out the crying, so you can rock/comfort him without having to hear the crying. That helped me a lot! That and taking a moment to put him down and take a second for myself. It will get better soon xx

Emmett is 4 weeks today, he’s been doing really well. He has a fussy period every day where he’s difficult to comfort - but for the most part he’s eating and sleeping well. For the most part I’m thankful that I can put him down - Elias had to be held 24/7, so I’ve never had a baby I can just set down. It helps because I can still spend time with Elias, and I get time to myself when I can put Emmett down to nap. It snowed here today! I took Elias out to see it for the first time for real (it snowed last year but he was still so little). He was a fan, but he lost his shoe and ended up walking around in the snow without me noticing he was only in a sock :wacko:

How’s everyone else doing?

E667D9BA-4FCF-460E-BA73-D2C642D3305E.jpeg C55AC1FF-CDD9-4E99-A199-DE8353172AD1.jpeg F21F1351-541E-4279-AB72-BED7772EC866.jpeg

So sorry to hear about Tommy's colic sugger.. It sure can b very heartbreaking and exhausting for parents. But on the brighter side, only few weeks left now..

Rio is 7weeks today and is showering us with his cute lil smiles. He generally stays unsettled in the day and has to b held for a while but sleeps well in the night.. going 3-4 hours between feeds.

Life is busy with 2 around and my parents r leaving on the weekend. Thankfully I have my nanny around coz DS1 has become very demanding and wants me to do all his chores and play with him... Guess the insecurity of having a brother has crept in now.

Here is my cutie. Weighing in at around 9.5lbs. we go fr next round of jabs today..

Screenshot_20191112-104420.jpg

Sorry about Tommys colic @Suggerhoney it's hard going, my little one is the same, though I know it eases 12/14 weeks.

Gorgeous pics @Demotivated and @Sander

We have just had our 6 week check up, ds3 is 6 weeks today, is 12lb 8oz, started smiling last week and daddy had some cooing over the weekend. I've expressed some milk here and there and he's happy enough to take a bottle as well.

I hope everyone is ok and all looking forward to Christmas x

Ladies, I was in disbelief to find our thread in the 2nd page lol.
How is everyone swaddling and cuddling? Konnor and I are doing well, my milk stash is building slowly but surely, and we are still waking up every 3 to 4 hours for feedings. Konnor doesnt have a routine cause his mother is a bit cray-cray now, haha.

AF has made her way into our busy lives, I am cd3 with her. Ugh, how I hate seeing her face!

Konnor is starting to coo here and there, we havent got him to smile at us only while he's sleeping. He also has a love hate relationship with tummy time. In the month of Nov his (
konnor) two cousins (both 8LB'ners) has arrived and currently theyre all in the same weight class. lol We have one more coming at the end of this month and one more in December.

Hope all our babies are thriving, growing super and Mommies are getting their beauty rest.

20191105_074448.jpg 20191107_201357.jpg

Last edited:
Awww loving all the pics ladies.
Tommy is 2 months old now and he is cooing.
It's so cute.
He is smiling to but not alot yet. Really can't wait for more smiles.
He gets excited now and really kicks his little legs normoly when he is under his play gym or in his changing mat..
It's so funny.
We have put him on Dr Brown bottles now and his colic really isnt that bad anymore.
He is having his last feed around 11pm and sleeping until 5am.

AF was so heavy and lasted about 6 days but I've finally stopped bleeding now.
Been feeling so much better the last few days and even managed to get all my housework done and been doing alot or sorting and organising.
Really hope we have seen the end of colic now that was really really tough. I felt like I was losing my mind.

So good to see u ladies posting again. I hope everyone else is ok.

Aw glad Tommy is feeling better Sugger! He’s so adorable. We also get a big stretch at night, he usually goes down at the same time we do (too late, lol) at around 1am, then sleeps 6 hours, up for a quick feed and down again for another 4 hours. During the day he’s usually up 10am-1pm, then sleeps till 4ish, up till 6/6:30 and up again at around 11-1.

I’ll be honest though, I’m looking forward to Emmett being old enough to sleep train :haha: I love putting my older son to bed and having a straight 12 hours to myself haha

Loving all the baby pics!
Everyone is around the first smiles stage and it’s one of the best milestones!

Miles is 5 weeks old and weighing a whopping 14lb lol.

67C6999C-5AB4-43E4-8F88-17B2B3092372.jpeg

When am I to expect my first period? I don’t feel as though I’ve ovulated yet though? But surely I have by now? X

He is so cute hon.

My AF came at just over 6 weeks post partum.
Day 1 was just spotting then the next day I was (TMI) flooded out.
I then bled very heavy for 5 days and then it stopped.
I'm on cycle day 18 now and started bleeding again urghhhh.
It's only light tho.
I'm not sure If I ovulate on the mini pill but i had ovulation signs about 10 days b4 AF. Lots of EWCM that had that sweet smell.

Took some photos of Tommy today.
IMG_20191122_183451_925.jpg
Hes really cooing now and it's so cute. IMG_20191122_183654_867.jpg

Aw glad Tommy is feeling better Sugger! He’s so adorable. We also get a big stretch at night, he usually goes down at the same time we do (too late, lol) at around 1am, then sleeps 6 hours, up for a quick feed and down again for another 4 hours. During the day he’s usually up 10am-1pm, then sleeps till 4ish, up till 6/6:30 and up again at around 11-1.

I’ll be honest though, I’m looking forward to Emmett being old enough to sleep train :haha: I love putting my older son to bed and having a straight 12 hours to myself haha

I'm looking forward to them 12 hours sleep stretches as well hahaha. Tommy is still in his moses basket at the moment but will be moving him into his cot in the next few weeks.

Me and hubby have DTD a few times unprotected, we do want a 5th and final baby though x

Oh gosh hon are you trying now?
My hubby is still keen to ttc again but so not ready yet. Gonna hold off untill 2021.
Just want to enjoy Tommy first.
But at the same time me or my husband dont have age on our side. :-(

Were not technically trying yet, hubby said after xmas, I just miss being pregnant so much :( I do want to enjoy maze abit more yet though x

We want a 6th and have dtd several times as well, though I'm breastfeeding and I've not had af start until I stop bf, So if it's the same as my other 4 will be months + ish. The Older 3 are happy for another sibling as we've asked them there thoughts as well.

Ds3 is so chilled out, it's like he's always being here yet only 8 weeks on Tues. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

We’ve also dtd unprotected but I didn’t get my first pp period for 8 months with DS so am not expecting to have it anytime soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->