October Bumps

I'm due on October 13th with a little boy :D

I'm having a lot of Braxton hicks and a lot of pressure feelings but I've been like this for a week or so so I'm trying to not get too excited!

Ooh there's a few of us in the 'teens who had 39weekers before. It'll be interesting to see if any if us have a 39wker again. My mw reckons that in her experience, women with spontaneous births first time at 39wks are most likely to deliver at that gestation again. (More so than deliveries at a different point). Obviously that's a big sweeping statement and won't be true for all but it'll be fun to see if her theory is right here. :)

Hmmmm, interesting! That's in TWO weeks :wacko: I'm curious to see when the rest of you deliver too :)

I didn't think I was going to make it to October last night :wacko: Had the most horrendous Braxton hicks for three hours with cramping and pain, was being sick and spent a good hour in the bath. It felt very much like the false labour I had first time around - more painful than early labour. Have to admit I completely panicked because we are NOT ready for number 2. As soon as I've had some breakfast I am packing that hospital bag and getting baby clothes out. I was going to do cleaning, but that can wait!!

Are any of you ladies feeling a sort of dull pain (its not really a pain at all, but not sure of it feels like pressure either) right around the pubic bone? Its constant when I stand up/walk but dont notice it really when im sitting.
Im hoping it means that baby has dropped into the pelvis but I have no idea! (Neither of my girls were engaged until labour really) could just be a sore pubic bone haha

Ooh there's a few of us in the 'teens who had 39weekers before. It'll be interesting to see if any if us have a 39wker again. My mw reckons that in her experience, women with spontaneous births first time at 39wks are most likely to deliver at that gestation again. (More so than deliveries at a different point). Obviously that's a big sweeping statement and won't be true for all but it'll be fun to see if her theory is right here. :)

Yes, that's interesting! I have a feeling I'll deliver at 39 weeks, just like last time, too.

Are any of you ladies feeling a sort of dull pain (its not really a pain at all, but not sure of it feels like pressure either) right around the pubic bone? Its constant when I stand up/walk but dont notice it really when im sitting.
Im hoping it means that baby has dropped into the pelvis but I have no idea! (Neither of my girls were engaged until labour really) could just be a sore pubic bone haha

I've been feeling pelvic pressure on and off and some weird stretching discomfort-type feeling in my cervix/pubic area. I was reading it could be separation of the public bones in preparation for labour, or maybe cervical effacement pains. Not sure if what you're feeling is the same thing, though.

I have no idea either lol. I dont think its my cervix, probably just the wear and tear of hauling around a big ol' baby in there ;)

I tend not to think anything productive is happening as I dont like to get my hopes up, especially after having 2 inductions already, so anything else is a bonus!

I do feel pressure on my public area when standing and walking. I believe it's the pressure of the baby as he has definitely dropped. I didn't feel it before his drop.

The last few days I've been feeling a lot of cramping. I swear if I wasn't pregnant I'd be starting my period any second. I even have the pms symptoms! What in the world is going on? Lol

I do feel pressure on my public area when standing and walking. I believe it's the pressure of the baby as he has definitely dropped. I didn't feel it before his drop.

The last few days I've been feeling a lot of cramping. I swear if I wasn't pregnant I'd be starting my period any second. I even have the pms symptoms! What in the world is going on? Lol
I've been feeling the same, I actually said to my husband this morning I feel like I'm about to start my period, hoping that's a good sign. Had loads of BH today but nothing unusual for me to be honest. I'm constantly looking out for signs at the moment and it's driving me nuts!! Especially as it could be a good few weeks yet. This weekend would be ideal for me though as my dad is around to look after DD and husband is off work. Not expecting anything to happen though

I have been getting a dull pressure/ pain on my left hip bone for sometime now... it feels like the little fella is pushing hard against it. As soon as I stand up it is gone. I wish there was a window in there so I could tell what all the parts poking and pushing on me were lol

Heading out for some bowling with coworkers.... maybe that will get things moving, but I doubt it :)

Hmmmm, interesting! That's in TWO weeks :wacko: I'm curious to see when the rest of you deliver too :)

I didn't think I was going to make it to October last night :wacko: Had the most horrendous Braxton hicks for three hours with cramping and pain, was being sick and spent a good hour in the bath. It felt very much like the false labour I had first time around - more painful than early labour. Have to admit I completely panicked because we are NOT ready for number 2. As soon as I've had some breakfast I am packing that hospital bag and getting baby clothes out. I was going to do cleaning, but that can wait!!

Oh my, that sounds intense! Maybe things are starting for you??

I have been nauseous all morning and am definitely not ready to birth yet. I have my sisters wedding in a week on Saturday and I really want to attend. 39 weeks would be perfectly fine by me!

I haven't had any low pelvic pain (besides lightening crotch on and off) but I was told by my doctor yesterday that my baby hasn't yet engaged.

Definitely pressure on the pelvic area but not so low as to feel like the cervix when I get up and walk around.

Feeling like crap today. After the baby did some acrobatics, I started to feel nauseous with low back ache. :sick:

My pain is more of sharp pains in my bladder and cervix mixed with LOTS of pressure. Like you, I feel fine sitting, but when I stand up it's like this heavy weight is suddenly bearing down inside me. I have to make sure to get up frequently to pee or it's a huge surprise when I stand up and get that weight pushing on my bladder and have to fast-waddle to the bathroom. I've had it for a few weeks now, but I was told my baby was already head down and very low at 34 weeks, so I am guessing it has something to do with the baby dropping (although they have not used that term).

I took a trip around our city centre today for a few hours and then wow the pressure . Bowling ball inbetween the legs feeling .

And the electric shocks in cervix are unreal .

:wacko:

I've had a few cervix shocks too but they only just started today. This symptom spotting is crazy! Last night I was so convinced my water was going to pop and now I'm just a regular old pregnant lady. Lol. It reminds me of when we were first wondering if we were even pregnant, trying to examine every little symptom! Lol :dohh:

Paris - it was horrible! I couldn't get my stomach muscles to relax. I think I panicked because I'm just not ready. I don't wish to scare any first timers but my post partum experience with DS was far from good, and I haven't had the time to mentally prepare. I'm also embarrassed to admit I haven't written a birth plan or packed my hospital bag yet. Don't know why I'm procrastinating about it. It's a 5min job! Ideally I'd like another week please.

Kern, I never thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, the waiting and questioning every little symptom is like deja vu from the TTC period. Pretty much every day I go through the whole cycle from thinking she'll be in there for awhile to thinking she's about to bust out any minute.

NotNic, I'm feeling a bit panicked myself and having weaned off my anti-anxiety meds, I'm worried I'll actually have a panic attack when I go into labor. I remember a lot of the not so wonderful parts of labor and the weeks immediately after. The first 6 weeks after my son was born were so hard, especially since he woke to feed every hour day and night. I'm so excited to meet my little girl and be able to move around much better, but there's a lot of things I'm not looking forward to dealing with just yet. My bag is packed, but I didn't bother with a birth plan this time. I had one all written out last time, but my labor was not anything like I imagined (although it was a very good experience other than the pain before the epidural set in). No idea if I'll have the same sort of labor this go around or something completely different so I have no idea how to plan for it!

I'm feeling very sorry for myself and need some sympathy!!

I bought loads of meat the other day from the butchers and froze half and left half in the fridge to cook today. Then came to cook it - after chopping FOUR onions that is! - to realise it was ALL off. 1200g of mince and 1200g of chicken. I was so pissed off!!

So now I've sorted it by using some other chicken I had in the freezer with the onions I'd chopped and making a curry..and I'm halfway through, and I just can't stand up anymore :( My back is SO sore and getting really bad period pains. And I can't find any paracetamol! I've looked where they should be and in my bag and I don't have the energy to look anywhere else. WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

OH is due home from a 12 hour shift in 10 minutes and he's insisting that I just sit down and he'll cook the rest of tea but I feel really bad :( I just feel like taking some cocodamol (which is all I can find and it's taking me everything I've got not to take it!) and going to bed :cry:

Shew, girl. I feel your pain. I want nothing to do with anything today. I'm officially over being pregnant today. Moody, tired, it hurts to stand for any amount of time. Ugh. Can we just sleep the rest of the pregnancy? :dohh:

I genuinely think I might! I've already decided I'm not going out anywhere now unless I absolutely have to... so no going visiting friends/family. They can come here! I'm busy being heavily pregnant :thumbup:

All of this was just made worse, by the way, by the fact that I went to pour some rice into a cup and it went EVERYWHERE 'cause someone had cut the bag stupid. :nope:

Hi girls how's ya feeling today ? I went for a meal last night and when I got back I didn't sleep a wink .
Because of heart burn , wow heart burn from hell .
Wonder if the old wife's tale correct and baby got lots of hair .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->