October Bumps

The old wives tale about heartburn was true for me, I never had it in my life until I was pregnant with my daughter, she came out with a full head of hair over an inch long!!! Had it again this time so expecting another hairy baby 😉

Last time I had horrendous heart burn throughout and my son came out looking like a fluffy blonde chick! He also had fine, downy hair across his shoulders. Within 8wks he was as bald as Phil Mitchell! :haha: This time its only flared up in 3rd tri.

Anyone else really having a raw deal with BH's? Mine are nightly atm. Thankfully they're not as painful as they were on Thursday night but its scary to feel like they might be doing something

I had horrid heartburn with my daughter and she was as bald as they come lol I haven't had heartburn hardly at all this time and at my 36 week scan we could see the baby's hair floating in the amniotic fluid... I can't wait to see how much hair he really does have :)

I had a little heartburn with my DD and she had a little hair, not too much. I have had LOADS with this boy and we saw hair on the last scan so I am thinking he may be tuftier than her ;)

I am getting loads and loads of BHs at the moment, it's insane. Always makes me desperate for the loo!

I had no heartburn with my 1st and she had hardly any hair, but grew fast and she has the most lovely, full thick hair now that grows really quickly!

2nd daughter I had mild heartburn and she had more hair than my 1st but not over the top

this time ive had heartburn soooo bad since early on, and cant wait to see if the tale is true that heartburn = full head of hair as I'd love a baby with plenty of hair :-D

I have never had heartburn (ever... even when not pregnant lol.)

Dd1 - bald as they come! Her hair grows soooo slowly but she has reeeeally tight curls and I love her hair. I never ever see children with hair like hers!

Dd2 - a little hair but not loads. Now, at 1, she still has hardly any so is also very slow to grow. The back has started to curl up, and Im hoping she has the same hair as her sister! (Im not convinced it will be as curly though.)

Very curious to see what this LO is like! My family all had quite a bit of hair when born but on her daddya side they were all bald... could go any way!

Here is my dds hair the other day (after a morning at nursery! Wish my hair wouls look so good after running about haha)
https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/sept%202014/20140925_123950_zps9a2769d9.jpg

Your daughter has beautiful hair.My niece has similar hair but red curls. Hers isn't as shiny though

No heartburn for me with 2 very hairy boys... Expecting this babe to have hair as well as my DH is East Indian while I am Caucasian so we will see.
So much pressure down there and lots of bowel movements. Constant BH every afternoon and night as well... My body sure likes to practise. So excited to meet this little one...

No heartburn and she was as bald as anything haha, bless her! Expecting another baldy, I reckon that's just how I make them :)

Our ultrasound lady saw hair on our little man, so excited to see that!

Under a week to due date! :happydance:

I've never noticed hair in any of my ultrasounds. If I have another before she's born, I'll have to ask if they see hair. My son was a baldy with a sprinkle of white fuzz until he was about 18 months and I clearly remember one incident of heartburn because I was wondering what the heck it was until my coworkers informed me. With this one, I've been getting some sort of reflux that burns the back of my throat when I lie down. We joke about how she's bound to be the exact opposite of her brother, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had a head full of hair. That's actually what I was expecting the first time, but somehow ended up with a baldy turned blondy.

Congratulations Jinga! Is she a blonde baldy too? ;)

No heartburn here but my son had a full head of hair! Same this time around...

coming over from september bumps.. looks like my baby wanted to be an october baby haha. 40 weeks and no signs of labor.

Welcome, it appears I will officially have to share my birthday month with little man! :happydance:

Thanks, Notnic! I didn't expect my October bump to be September bump instead. She was actually born with a full head of black hair! Unfortunately, she's spent most of her time in the NICU so far. First she had some fluid to work out of her lungs, then she started having blood sugar issues. She's doing much better now, so I'm really hoping she gets to come back to my room in the morning and can come home when I'm discharged in the afternoon.

Congratulations Jinga!! Glad to hear she is doing better and I hope she is back with you very soon. :)
Does she have a name Yet?

How is everyone else keeping? I wonder who will be next to have a little baby! (Renee, hopefully you!) I am pretty sure mine won't be here for a while lol.

Congrats Jinga! Best of luck to you and your LO.

I am hoping to hold out for a couple more weeks, so much to do! Fingers crossed a few of you ladies meet your LOS before I do lol

Headed to the doctor today however and can't deny that I am hoping I have made some progress :)

Thanks for the congrats :) Her name is Claire Sophia.

Jinga, really pleased to hear your LO one is doing much better!

As for hair.. my DS was born with some, not loads and it was quite fine. Now he has a really thick head of hair that grows so quickly!
This time round I've had bad heartburn in the last trimester but I'm thinking that's more down to lack of room in there rather than how much hair my little lady has. I had no idea that you can see hair in the ultrasounds... I had a scan a week or so ago to check if she was breech and I could have asked then how much hair it looked like she has! Drat! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->