• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October IUI Buddies

Sweet Lullaby

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Looking for October IUI buddies. My name is Avalyn, i have a 3 year old DD who was a result of IUI.

I am now TTC #2 going thru IUI again.

Currently on my 1st IUI cycle with Gonal F injectibles. I am on CD8. Went for routine blood test today.

Things are alot diffrent this time round. Last time.. my FS put me on BCP first then start treatment as soon as AF hit. This time she didnt do thst. Last time they put me on Puregon... this time Gonal F.

I wonder why the change? Do you think it has anything to do with last time my AF being all over the place and coming every 14 days... and now i am more regular?

Hi Avalyn!

I have a feeling more people will be joining you in this thread depending on the outcome of the ladies on the September IUI thread. If this IUI isn't successful I will be joining you.

I'm not sure why doctor's switch meds. They didn't say anything when they wrote your prescriptions out? I'm sure a nurse will be glad to give you some insight on it.

Just curious...how many IUI's did it take before you conceived your DD?

Hi Redhead
I should have asked my FS about the switch. I did ask the nurse what the difference was... She said no difference apart from the fact that Gonal F was much easier to administer?

I got pregnant with my DD on my first IUI cycle. I was TTC for over 2 years... My tubes were ok.. But i never always ovulated and my AF would come every 14 days. DHs
sperm was low count and low motility

When i went for my U/S to check follicles... I grew ONE! Only ONE. I was bit upset by that... I thought i'd have more (you know.. More eggs better the chance)
And to top it off... It took ages for my body to start responding to the meds. But it worked.

How abt you... Is this ur first IUI

I am one week into my tww with my first IUI. If this doesn't work then I will be with you gals here. I am worried because I only have on filly too. It was nice to hear your worked with just one. Thank you!

Can I join you? I am just about to start my first IUI cycle. Hubby wants to try only once....and he's going out of town for 11 days this month. I'm REALLY hoping he is back in time for O - which he technically should be, unless I O really early? I guess I'll see what happens....

I am one week into my tww with my first IUI. If this doesn't work then I will be with you gals here. I am worried because I only have on filly too. It was nice to hear your worked with just one. Thank you!

Not a problem :) Hope all works out for you. Fingers crossed. I remember this journey, its all coming back to me now, for my 2nd Baby. How is the TWW going? It made me insane.

Have you tested if the trigger has left your system? at 8DPO it was gone. By 10DPO a faint positive appeared..

Can I join you? I am just about to start my first IUI cycle. Hubby wants to try only once....and he's going out of town for 11 days this month. I'm REALLY hoping he is back in time for O - which he technically should be, unless I O really early? I guess I'll see what happens....

Hey Zimmy. Welcome. How exciting for your first IUI. Praying that this one attempt will be it for you :)

I was told, that with the meds, you usually wont Ovulate until the trigger?

Oh that would be great if I didn't ovulatye until the trigger! We could work out the timing perfectly :)

Hello ladies,

I will be doing my first IUI this month. I am currently on CD10. I took Clomid days 2-6
100MG. All I am monitoring ovulation with is OPK's. I started them on day 8. Hope we all get our BFP!!!

Zimmy: That is exciting that this is your first iui! I hope this works for you? May I ask why DH only wants to try one?

Sweet Lullaby: I did a opk on 4dpiui and it was negative. That is all I have done. What exactly do I need to do to test it out? Sorry this is my first IUI. The tww has been insane. I can’t help but think every twitch or whatever is a symptom. I am trying to be realistic, but it is hard. How are you doing?

Want2beamamma: Yay! I hope you get your +opk soon. That is exciting. How is the Clomid treating you?

Hey ladies- I am waiting on AF so that I can start the injectibles on CD2. All info is in my siggy but IUI#1 with 100mg clomid in August BFN, Sept my FS put me on Femera because the clomid thinned my lining... but IUI was canceled because my one good follie was on my no tube side...we tried naturally on the off chance that the egg made it over to the good side but my FS said that is very rare so I'm not really holding out much hope. I think AF is coming because I have been majority moody and really hungry. My temp has dropped a little but still above the cover line so maybe next week.
Zimmy I remember you from the Clomid thread :)

Zimmy: That is exciting that this is your first iui! I hope this works for you? May I ask why DH only wants to try one?

Sweet Lullaby: I did a opk on 4dpiui and it was negative. That is all I have done. What exactly do I need to do to test it out? Sorry this is my first IUI. The tww has been insane. I can’t help but think every twitch or whatever is a symptom. I am trying to be realistic, but it is hard. How are you doing?

Want2beamamma: Yay! I hope you get your +opk soon. That is exciting. How is the Clomid treating you?

I actually got a positive OPK this morning but it's only CD10. I started testing CD-8 and it was forsure neg and CD9- definate neg AM and PM. I am worried about booking for IUI when it could be too early and just a false positive. Is that possible? I do have some EWCM and everyday before this I have been very dry.

Clomid wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am always cold but not the days I took the clomid. People were wondering how I went from one day wearing so many layers to the next wishing I was in my bathing suit with the AC on haha. I was emotional just one day. Besides that it was great :)

Wanttobe- maybe call and ask if they could do an ultrasound to double check? I know that when I was on the clomid my cycles were a lot different than my non medicated cycles. Try a Clearblue Easy OPK- I would confirm with one of those after I thought I had a positive with the cheap ones. That's what my FS wanted me to use but since I was a POAS addict I used the cheapies from Amazon and confirmed with CBE diggy

Thanks!
I am going to test again tonight and see what happens. If it is positive I will be forsure calling them :)
Here is a picture of the tests CD8-10

The numbers on the test are the cycle day NOT the time they were taken :)
Excuse the urine still on the test but it went that dark that fast.

Attachments

• IMG091.jpg
    IMG091.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG087.jpg
    IMG087.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 8
Could be a +. I agree with trying a Clear Blue Digital. That is what my RE said as well. Good luck!

Hi everybody! I am currently on CD12. My ultrasound today showed a 19mm follicle on my left ovary and my lining is measuring at 9mm. My doctor wants me to go back for another ultrasound tomorrow and he says I will probably be triggering tomorrow night. If so, I will be doing back to back IUIs on Friday and Saturday. :)

I am supposed to go to a wedding on Saturday but I may skip it. I know they say you can go about your business after the procedure but last time I stayed in bed for a couple days afterwards and that one worked so I want to do the same thing this time. What a busy weekend for this to be on - a wedding and Thanksgiving!

I am excited but scared at the same time.

:dust: to us all!!! :)

It's really a financial thing. Nothing is covered for us, so with the injectables it will run us upwards of $1800 per cycle. The clinic is also 2 1/2 hours away by car, so we have to factor those costs in. My biggest worry this month is not the cost though, it's the fact that DH is away from CD 5 to CD 12! :nope:

Really hoping I don't O early!

I remember you too! Nice to see a familiar face :) After my 6 rounds of Clomid I was really bummed, so did not come around here much. More hope in my heart this month, as I am at a new clinic and they are 'going right to the good stuff' as they say and starting me on Goanl F injections with IUI :) Clomid didn't work for us, but my doctor at the time did no monitoring or anything so it really was just a crapshoot :growlmad:

Hello ladies,

I will be doing my first IUI this month. I am currently on CD10. I took Clomid days 2-6
100MG. All I am monitoring ovulation with is OPK's. I started them on day 8. Hope we all get our BFP!!!

How exciting. I remember feeling so excited and nervous when i did my first IUI. For this time, i just pray it works. Its been 3 years now since my last IUI.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Oh sorry, i meant i monitored after the insemination (after the Trigger to ovulate). I didnt test the ovulation, My FS did it via blood test and confirmed it.

I started POASing with HPT from 8DPO to see if the Trigger shot was out of the system (they cause 2 lines (BFP's). What DPO are you now?

Hey ladies- I am waiting on AF so that I can start the injectibles on CD2. All info is in my siggy but IUI#1 with 100mg clomid in August BFN, Sept my FS put me on Femera because the clomid thinned my lining... but IUI was canceled because my one good follie was on my no tube side...we tried naturally on the off chance that the egg made it over to the good side but my FS said that is very rare so I'm not really holding out much hope. I think AF is coming because I have been majority moody and really hungry. My temp has dropped a little but still above the cover line so maybe next week.

Hope AF comes soon. Its funny isnt it, this is the only time we wished AF showed sooner!!

Hi everybody! I am currently on CD12. My ultrasound today showed a 19mm follicle on my left ovary and my lining is measuring at 9mm. My doctor wants me to go back for another ultrasound tomorrow and he says I will probably be triggering tomorrow night. If so, I will be doing back to back IUIs on Friday and Saturday. :)

I am supposed to go to a wedding on Saturday but I may skip it. I know they say you can go about your business after the procedure but last time I stayed in bed for a couple days afterwards and that one worked so I want to do the same thing this time. What a busy weekend for this to be on - a wedding and Thanksgiving!

I am excited but scared at the same time.

:dust: to us all!!! :)

Wow..its all happening isnt it. Wish you all the baby/sticky dust :) I know what you mean by playing it safe and doing what you did last time, because it worked.

For me, my FS has changed so many things, i am worried lol!

It's really a financial thing. Nothing is covered for us, so with the injectables it will run us upwards of $1800 per cycle. The clinic is also 2 1/2 hours away by car, so we have to factor those costs in. My biggest worry this month is not the cost though, it's the fact that DH is away from CD 5 to CD 12! :nope:

Really hoping I don't O early!

Positive thinking hun :) It WILL work out :)

I am new to this. So please bare with me. I just had my first failed iui with clomid/bravelle/ovidrel. Clomid thinned out my lining, so RE is switching me to Gonal F with ovidrel. I was wrong to think that the process was going to be easy. That's why I'm here now. I need someone who's going through the same thing as I am. I spent the entire two week wait reading other people's post and driving myself crazy. So I'm happy to be here! Good luck to everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->