October ladies...it our month!!

Well, not much for change after all the contractions I had! Was 2 cm and 30% effaced, now 2-3 cm and 40% effaced. She said the awful and dreaded "See you next week if you're still pregnant" again, so I'm guaranteed another week lol.

I just went in, and my obgyn stated he doesn't think i'll make it to my due date... That is a jinx if i've ever heard one.

Although I am 2 cm and 50% effaced. I got excited when I saw a little bit of blood, but quickly realized it was due to the exam :(.

I'm 37 weeks friday, but my growth scan estimated baby at 6 lbs 14 oz, so that's big enough, right? Lol

Well, not much for change after all the contractions I had! Was 2 cm and 30% effaced, now 2-3 cm and 40% effaced. She said the awful and dreaded "See you next week if you're still pregnant" again, so I'm guaranteed another week lol.

I just went in, and my obgyn stated he doesn't think i'll make it to my due date... That is a jinx if i've ever heard one.

Although I am 2 cm and 50% effaced. I got excited when I saw a little bit of blood, but quickly realized it was due to the exam :(.

I'm 37 weeks friday, but my growth scan estimated baby at 6 lbs 14 oz, so that's big enough, right? Lol

Don't they know if they keep saying that we'll be pregnant forever!? :) I am 38 weeks tomorrow, doc predicted today that baby is 7 1/2 pounds......... meaning if we go to the due date we will be around 8 1/2 pounds...... ow.

Don't they know if they keep saying that we'll be pregnant forever!? :) I am 38 weeks tomorrow, doc predicted today that baby is 7 1/2 pounds......... meaning if we go to the due date we will be around 8 1/2 pounds...... ow.

My first one was 9 lbs 1 oz... Got stuck. Fingers crossed for my vbac this time!! So close to the end for us, it cannot last forever :)

Ouch. I'm used to my little 7 1/2 pounders. My oldest was born at 38+3, that's the longest I've made it. I just want a baby now... I think I'm sick of staring at green and yellow. I want to know what color bany stuff I get to pull out of storage! But I've decided to let it go and enjoy the ride. No more sex. No more letting others get me worked up that baby isn't here yet. Everyone was so sure it was happening over the last week that I got swept up in the excitement and now that nothing is really happening I'm getting the daily texts and FB messages saying "No baby yet?" And telling me to go for a walk and make my hubby come home and poke at it. Bah. I won't spend possibly the next 2 weeks (or more :cry:) obsessing and stressing it.

Had my 38 week appointment this morning. She said he was so low that he was throwing the measurements off, I was measuring 33 weeks when I had measured 36 at my last appointment. I was expecting to read that I was full engaged but she wrote 38 in my measurements and 3/5s. Never been more than 3/5s with the others so hoping that things could possibly be moving sooner rather than later. She said his heart beat sounded relaxed and like he wasn't going anywhere yet though.

Now you guys talking about being jinxed by being you wont make it to your next appointment has me hoping that she has worked the magic the opposite way and by saying his going nowhere yet he will get moving soon LOL

Boo to all these doctors cursing us! hope they actually they were magic doctors and get it right.

ooh lots of team yellow - that's exciting.

I lost a huge lump of plug today, followed by lots of crampyness...then when I got home from the inlaws I haven't been able to stop cleaning (in fact last night I couldn't sleep as kept thinking about all the cleaning I had to do.) I SOOO want it all to be the start - but really trying not to read into it too much.

It's so much like when we were TTC and symptom spotting!!! I feel like I'm having the "clear out", feeling moody and off, a bit nauseous, very crampy, and keep telling myself "Don't get excited!!!" but lets face it....I am on edge waiting for some contractions here.

I was a week late with my son, so although I know that anything can happen from now, I'm just not expecting it! I mean, I still check my liner, toilet paper and toilet for evidence of anything and if I start having period pains I'll know...but I'm just not expecting anything to happen until closer to 40 weeks.

I'm driving myself crazy looking for signs that labor is near! I had this feeling that she'd be early because the doctor said so, so I let myself get excited. But my due date is now two days away and no signs whatsoever. Going nuts here! :wacko:

I was a week over with DS1 and was fine, not impatient at all oddly. Then with DS2 I was all relaxed and fully prepared to go over again and he surprised me the day before my due date. DS3 was 3 days late, so I don't really have anything to go on as to where this one will turn up. Hoping he follows the pattern and is a little bit early.

Arghhhh I'm so excited that we're all having babies this month!!!!!!!

I hope mine isn't more than 8 days late as I want it to be a Libra as that's compatible with mine and OH's star signs. Not usually into horoscopes but have to do something to pass the time while waiting to pop!!

Haha yeah we definitely need something to help pass the time.

I think half of my impatience is caused by the thought that whether or not baby comes now or late October, I return to work a couple days a week November 1st. I teach cake decorating classes and this is the busiest time of the year. Thankfully its only a few hours in the evening (poor dh...bedtime for the older kids) but I dread it already and don't want to spend 3 hours away from my baby if he/she is only a week or 2 old... going off my first two births we assumed we would be having a baby by 39 weeks for sure. I feel like that won't happen right now. Bah.

I can understand that impatience. Its not a nice thought to have to go back so soon after birth and leave your baby.

:hugs: to you craftymama! I can't imagine having to go back so soon and leaving my bubba! We moan a lot about the government in the UK but I definitely wouldn't change the maternity rights we have! So much better than the US.

I do cake decorating in my spare time but wouldn't have the guts to quit my job and take it up as a career (as much as I would love to)! Show us one of your creations... :) xx

It does stink. I'm grateful it's not a daycare I have to leave the baby at, but it still breaks my heart. I love to decorate cakes! I taught myself when DD turned 1, so that I could do her a nice cake instead of a grocery store cake, and it just blossomed and became an obsession lol! I would love to make it a full time career, but it would be so hard to get started here with a bakery. I started out working at a craft store, and then started teaching the cake decorating classes through Wilton. Here's a link to my facebook album of all my cakes..it's a public folder so should be viewable! https://www.facebook.com/aime.dewitt/media_set?set=a.347603920755.158998.534615755&type=3

Here's a picture of a shower cake I did for my cousin's baby shower though!

Attachments

• animalprintshowercake.jpg
    animalprintshowercake.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
Weird, I have the album set to public. I'll have to look at it!

That is fabulous! Couldn't see your fb page either! I got into it about a year and a half ago because I wanted to make my own wedding cake and its still probably the most ambitious one I've ever made although I've done lots of birthday cakes and things since. We actually still have the top tier as we kept it for baby's christening or just for visitors who come to see baby (it's a tradition over here). It's now about 18 months old so I hope it'll be ok although it's absolutely loaded with brandy so I'm sure that'll help preserve it :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 8
Album worked for me, just had to log in to view it. Very cool! You can see the progression of talent from the very first cake you did to the ones you are making now - super impressive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->