• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

@sil I don’t blame you for wanting to double check! Dreams can be quite convincing!

@Penguin20 so lovely to hear from you! We had been wondering about some of the November ladies so I’m glad you’ve popped in. We understand how your feeling lovely! The nausea and tiredness is really hard work. Mine started to ease about 16ish weeks. Still have an odd wave of it and an odd nausea wave on the school runs but defo feel better so hopefully you’ll feel better soon too.

@daniyaaq thats amazing you’ve had such a low rate of cases. It’s nice actually seeing people. I’ve got to wait until 28 weeks. Never mind hey!

Hello all

Not sure how many remember me, went offline for a quite a few weeks as I been so ill with morning sickness or should I say all day sickness and been so exhausted to the point I could fall asleep at my work desk luckily wfh the moment so knowing can catch me haha... even now it’s still bad but fingers crossed I get a couple hours break where I feel ok. I am now 12 weeks 1 day and have my first scan on Wednesday, so excited :)

Hope you ladies are all doing ok, had a catch up on few pages here and there but being so tired makes it hard to concentrate but hopefully I’ll try be on more often I’m just taking each day as it comes
Hey hun welcome back and thanks for popping in... so sorry you’ve been dealing with bad MS, mine started clearing up not until 16 weeks here and now it’s still there but I’m able to get off my butt and do stuff. Hopefully 14/16 weeks brings you some relief soon. So exciting for your scan! Is it a genetics scan or dating or?

@Mummy2Corban becauee of Covid we have to go sooo long between appointments it seems. Definitely was seeing my mw more often in my other pregnancies. Thing I miss the most was bringing my kiddos along. They loved the mw and her toys and she always let them press the buttons on the Doppler for her XD. Now all appointments are alone.

So update on my ED trip yesterday, went in at 2 :30pm I think, didn’t get home till 1:30am. Luckily my sister works at that hospital in Pediatrics, she was at her virtual health job in another city but then went and got her hospital badge and came and barged into the ED and advocated for me at 8pm. At 9:30 pm I finally got 2 bags of fluid, some gravol, and I gave into a low dose of ondansetron, which I’ve always been sketchy about but apparently now it’s not showing any increase in birth defects. When I finally did see a dr at 8:30pm before he prescribed that care, he gave me a scan and I got to see baby!! It was the most beautiful thing. I haven’t seen but a bean yet so seeing the beautiful head and arms waving about and HB was sooo lovely. My sister said it looked like a girl from the profile but I don’t know. The head was very round with not a prominent forehead and I remember my girls having a bit more of a forehead in their scans. No pics to share but it was just so amazing to see baby! Anyways then came home and had a bit of a snack as I was starving, laid down and woke up with terrible heartburn and was up all night. Slept from 6-11am as my girls were at their grammas for the night and DH knew I needed to sleep. Sorry for the novel but it was quite a day! Hopefully I don’t regret that small amount of ondansetron at 17 weeks!

@Reiko_ctu wow what’s say! Sorry they kept you waiting but good job your sister could help. Amazing you got to see baby!!!! At least something awesome came of it.

Also I should update that I’m definitely officially feeling babe move!! Felt it quite a bit yesterday at the hospital and lying in bed now lots of movement going on. From what I could tell from the quick scan yesterday placenta looks on the right side ish and definitely not anterior thank God! So I should be feeling movement more and more now eek! Best part of pregnancy. (Until the end when they’re kicking just way too hard and beating up internal organs lol).

@Reiko_ctu yeah mines anterior so would explain why I wasnt feeling baby for a while. I do feel baby now and it’s a few times a day but not loads! Feeling them move definitely is amazing!!!!

Guys I honestly just feel so gooey right now! Like I’ve always loved my babies during pregnancy being on team yellow but it’s always harder to see them as a baby if that makes sense? But knowing what this baby is feels so lovely! I’m so glad I’ve found out to experience it in a completely different way!

Last edited:
@Reiko_ctu yeah mines anterior so would explain why I was feeling baby for a while. I do feel baby now and it’s a few times a day but not loads! Feeling them move definitely is amazing!!!!

Guys I honestly just feel so gooey right now! Like I’ve always loved my babies during pregnancy being on team yellow but it’s always harder to see them as a baby if that makes sense? But knowing what this baby is feels so lovely! I’m so glad I’ve found out to experience it in a completely different way!
Wow so great it’s been a positive experience for you. True you really do get to imagine life with your LO and that will get the gushy feelings going! So pleased for you!! 26 days till my ultrasound XD

Glad you are feeling better @Reiko_ctu and yay for seeing baby.

I have an anterior placenta but I've been feeling baby since 12 weeks. I was the same in my last pregnancy. Still felt lots of movement too but I did find it hard to work out what position baby was in. I knew something was poking me but couldn't distinguish between head and bum, arm or leg.

Glad you are feeling better @Reiko_ctu and yay for seeing baby.

I have an anterior placenta but I've been feeling baby since 12 weeks. I was the same in my last pregnancy. Still felt lots of movement too but I did find it hard to work out what position baby was in. I knew something was poking me but couldn't distinguish between head and bum, arm or leg.
That’s super interesting! Last time I honestly didn’t feel anything till 20 weeks and even then the whole last half was way less movements than my first 2. It was really concerning considering my 2nd I started feeling at 11 weeks! However than bump just grew and grew so that was always reassuring. This time around bump is still going larger then smaller each day lol!?! Now I definitely can’t suck it in anymore but still small for 17 weeks with my 4th!

that’s good that ant placenta didn’t make it hard for you to feel baby though. This time around too.

@Peanut2020 so good to hear from you. Hopefully your sickness eases off. 16 weeks and only starting to get some relief on most days.

@Reiko_ctu i can’t believe you waited that long to get assistance. I would have gone mental. Glad you got to see babe and I’m sure you will be fine with ondansetron, it’s been good lately and I’ve been taking some.

@Mummy2Corban that’s so cute, now you are making me want to find out for sure.

@Peanut2020 so good to hear from you. Hopefully your sickness eases off. 16 weeks and only starting to get some relief on most days.

@Reiko_ctu i can’t believe you waited that long to get assistance. I would have gone mental. Glad you got to see babe and I’m sure you will be fine with ondansetron, it’s been good lately and I’ve been taking some.

@Mummy2Corban that’s so cute, now you are making me want to find out for sure.
Yeah our local hospital has a multi million dollar new ED building so I thought it might be different... but the staffing is still so poor and the nurses won’t critical think and take initiative at all, they just wait for the doctor to give them orders. Which is a long time when the dr doesn’t see you for 4-7 hrs!

we usually go to our neighbouring city ED which is much better, the nurses will go and ask the doctor if they can start certain treatments before a diagnosis because they are trained to critical think. Like, I literally told the triage nurse, I’ve been too sick to rehydrate orally so I’m here for IV fluids. A nurse could’ve easily confirmed that, confirmed with the Dr, and give me the IV! Anyways the system is very broken! But we have free healthcare so it never costs us anything.

@Reiko_ctu so unfair for the public. I’m lucky though parents being doctors and lots of friends who are doctors in EDs so usually call ahead to them when I have to go in. I refuse to seat in waiting room for an hour when I know what I need.

i thought I was going to have a horrid day since it started with vomiting but actually been alright so far.

@Reiko_ctu so unfair for the public. I’m lucky though parents being doctors and lots of friends who are doctors in EDs so usually call ahead to them when I have to go in. I refuse to seat in waiting room for an hour when I know what I need.

i thought I was going to have a horrid day since it started with vomiting but actually been alright so far.
Oh I’m glad the day has turned around a bit for you. I’m disappointed from feeling terrible today but I guess that’s pretty normal recovery from a GI illness. It’s a long weekend here so of course I’m down for the count. I got out of bed to cook dinner and that’s all today, have been in bed for the rest of the time. It’s just frustrating I was finally up and about from nvp and now I get hit with this!! Bummer!!

It’s so annoying being up and down. Had a shit say Saturday couldn’t stop vomiting for no reason at all so I know that feeling.

i feel like second trimester is dragging on, but I’m certain it’s only because I’ve been so excited to get better but haven’t yet.

It’s so annoying being up and down. Had a shit say Saturday couldn’t stop vomiting for no reason at all so I know that feeling.

i feel like second trimester is dragging on, but I’m certain it’s only because I’ve been so excited to get better but haven’t yet.
Totally. If you’re not feeling better it just doesn’t feel like you’ve even passed first tri yet... and I know I’m going to go straight from nausea to hip pain and not get that wonderful “easier” second trimester! I hope you get some of that!

Feeling poorly sucks! I feel like it just drains you of everything. And when your just counting down the days to feeling better it’s so hard. Hopefully things really improve soon ladies.

I’m now at the excited bit.... my sickness/nausea is almost gone. I know baby is ok so I feel as though I can be excited.

Ladies, do any of you co sleep? If so how do you do it? Do you use a bed guard? Crib? Just curious on others take on it!

We got a next to me crib for ds3 so he was right at my side although he still ended up in our bed at times

I co sleep. Don’t really use guard rails or anything, I did use those newborn sleepers for a bit but not long. I’m a light sleeper so tend to wake up at the tiniest bit of movement.

I’m just thinking do I need to buy a crib for those first few months? I find they just get in the way in the first few months as baby is in our bed. Snoozing downstairs I’ve either used a tiny love or a Moses basket. Might just buy a crib later on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->