• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October/November Conkers 2021***

I'm not even bothering with a moses basket this time. None of my boys have really used one they preferred to sleep on us or I'd lay them on the sofa.

The cat slept in it more and was forever having to throw him out.

I have co slept with all 4 of mine, my 20 month old is still in bed with me! Her bed is in my room so I'm hoping I can get her in there before this one arrives x

Ds3 is going to be 3 in a few weeks and he still ends up in our bed from 2am. I'm hoping we will do better in his own bed soon. Maybe when he starts nursery in September.

Ladies, do any of you co sleep? If so how do you do it? Do you use a bed guard? Crib? Just curious on others take on it!
Our crib is the same height as our bed, so I take the side off, and shove it between my side of the bed and the wall so it can’t scoot away and leave a gap from the bed (our floors are slippery laminate) just so baby has a bit more space of their own. Here’s the best pic I could find of the setup!
FDCEBCF9-EC08-4059-9263-396DF4415D7A.jpeg
Then I just pull baby into my bed and nurse, and will usually keep her beside me if she’s nursing between me and her crib, but if I’ve flipped over and she’s nursing between me and DH I gently scoop her back to her bed when she’s done cause DH is a deeper sleeper and tends to wake up panicking that he’s rolled on the baby. He never has though lol.

Ds3 is going to be 3 in a few weeks and he still ends up in our bed from 2am. I'm hoping we will do better in his own bed soon. Maybe when he starts nursery in September.
That was my husbands job when number 2 came was to help number 1 learn to stay in her bed XD. We only have a queen and when she joined us around 3 am I never got any sleep after that lol!! He slept in the hallway outside her room for a few nights to help her stay in her room XD

Our nearly 2 year old still sneaks into our bed and our 4 year old slips in in the morning..... and the 6 year old not long after! Haha! And then sometimes the 8 year old!!!! We have the same with the crib next to the bed but I don’t really use it so wondering if I should delay buying one when baby is a bit older. We shall see!!!

Aww your bump hasn't definitely grown into proper shape lovely and round!

I am not going to buy a moses basket this time, I am planning on getting a next2me crib. My DD slept in a sleepyhead pod and it was amazing, going to use that again but in the next2me crib I think :) I would have no issue sleeping with baby in bed with me but I'd be too paranoid that my partner wouldnt be as light sleeper as me and I could do without that worry as I have anxiety anyway! Lol x

I was consider getting a pod but there seems to be mixed feelings on them for risk of SIDS

Our crib is the same height as our bed, so I take the side off, and shove it between my side of the bed and the wall so it can’t scoot away and leave a gap from the bed (our floors are slippery laminate) just so baby has a bit more space of their own. Here’s the best pic I could find of the setup!
View attachment 1098688
Then I just pull baby into my bed and nurse, and will usually keep her beside me if she’s nursing between me and her crib, but if I’ve flipped over and she’s nursing between me and DH I gently scoop her back to her bed when she’s done cause DH is a deeper sleeper and tends to wake up panicking that he’s rolled on the baby. He never has though lol.
That's exactly what I do except I have the cot strapped to our bed frame. Its so handy!

I was consider getting a pod but there seems to be mixed feelings on them for risk of SIDS
Yeah I have never seen one of those in person, only pics online but it seems like baby could deffo squish into the sides and block their breathing. Not that they move much when they’re really little.

Just had my 16 week appointment and just feeling deflated again, should have been exciting. She was able to find baby this time but baby was misbehaving kicking the Doppler and moving too much.

showing signs of anaemia though I been really good with keeping up supplements. So talk about iron transfusion getting me down.

also got checked no infections or anything so no reason I should be having so much BH, I’ve also started having increase in heart rate not sure if related. Got referral for scan to check cervix length and that it’s still closed...talk of stitches freaked the life out of me.

Midwife wants me to monitor if increase in heart rate happens at same time as contractions, so do that for about week first then do scan but a part of me just wants to go do scan now so I can mentally prepare myself.

so not I’m sitting here like ok, what’s next?

Just had my 16 week appointment and just feeling deflated again, should have been exciting. She was able to find baby this time but baby was misbehaving kicking the Doppler and moving too much.

showing signs of anaemia though I been really good with keeping up supplements. So talk about iron transfusion getting me down.

also got checked no infections or anything so no reason I should be having so much BH, I’ve also started having increase in heart rate not sure if related. Got referral for scan to check cervix length and that it’s still closed...talk of stitches freaked the life out of me.

Midwife wants me to monitor if increase in heart rate happens at same time as contractions, so do that for about week first then do scan but a part of me just wants to go do scan now so I can mentally prepare myself.

so not I’m sitting here like ok, what’s next?

Hopefully they are just being super cautious to make sure all goes well.

@daniyaaq im sorry your 16 week appointment didn’t go as planned! First of all naughty baby for being such a wriggler! Did they take bloods to check your levels? I suffer with low iron on and off too mainly in pregnancy. Sounds like a bit of worry but I guess if you keep and eye and have this scan it’s better getting it all checked out. Big hugs lovely! Pregnancy can be a tough old ride xxx

Yeah I feel like something snapped at the appointment, I really just hope that nothing else goes wrong with baby. I know I been winging about sickness but I wouldn’t want to go into preterm labour or Bub be affected in anyway. So I’m...just I don’t know

You are so entitled to moan! Sickness is absolutely draining! I can understand the worry of Something happening to bub. At least they are keeping an eye on you and you’ll get a scan soon so you’ll know what’s going on. Pregnancy is full of worries. All here for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->